Product DescriptionQSC's RMX 5050 power amplifier represents the state of the art in professional-quality performance at an affordable price. Perfectly suited for a wide range of sound reinforcement applications including professional touring, performing musicians, and mobile entertainers, the RMX 5050 is optimized to deliver high levels of sustained power, extraordinary audio performance and road-proven reliability.
Like its smaller sibling (the RMX 4050HD), the QSC RMX 5050 features a three-tier, Class H design. The RMX 5050 is extremely efficient at real-world power levels. Less AC current is wasted and more goes into producing useful audio power. The RMX 5050 uses the best available component upgrades to increase peak power by 25% over the RMX 4050HD.
Like all RMX amps, the QSC RMX 5050 features balanced 1/4" TRS, XLR and barrier strip inputs, binding posts and Neutrik Speakon outputs, front-mounted gain controls, plus signal and clip LED indicators to monitor performance.
NOTE: Requires 20-amp power outlet.
Features:- The flagship of the RMX line, the QSC RMX 5050 provides extremely high power and represents tremendous value
- The QSC RMX 5050 provides advanced thermal performance, delivering higher continuous power in 2-ohms stereo or 4-ohms bridged applications
- Dual mono, high current power supply for increased reliability and performance
- 3RU chassis only 16 in. deep
- Professional quality performance--incorporates road-proven QSC designs
- High-current toroidal transformers for greater two-ohm power and low noise
- Independent user-defeatable clip limiters reduce distortion
- Selectable low-frequency filters (30 Hz or 50 Hz) protect speakers and increase headroom
- Balanced 1/4 in. (6.3 mm) TRS, XLR, and barrier strip inputs for maximum flexibility
- Binding post and Neutrik Speakon outputs
- Front mounted gain controls for easy access
- Signal and Clip LED indicators to monitor performance
- Requires 20-amp outlet
- 3-year warranty
zZounds is an authorized dealer of QSC products.
Power Output Wattage
Stereo Mode, Both Channels Driven:
- 8 ohms (FTC 20 Hz-20 kHz 0.1% THD): 1050 Watts
- 4 ohms (FTC 20 Hz-20 kHz 0.1% THD): 1600 Watts
- 2 ohms (FTC 20 Hz-20 kHz 0.1% THD): 2000 Watts
- 8 ohms (EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD): 1100 Watts
- 4 ohms (EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD): 1800 Watts
- 2 ohms (EIA 1 kHz 1% THD): 2500 Watts
- 8 ohms (FTC 20 Hz-20 kHz 0.1% THD): 3200 Watts
- 8 ohms (EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD): 3600 Watts
- 4 ohms (EIA 1 kHz 1% THD): 5000 Watts
- Distortion (SMPTE-IM) Less than 0.02%
- Distortion (Typical): 20 Hz-20 kHz: 10 dB below rated power: Less than 0.02%, 1 kHz and below: full rated power: Less than 0.02%
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 8 ohms, LF filter bypassed, +0/-1 dB, 5 Hz to 50 kHz, 8 ohms, LF filter bypassed, +0/-3 dB
- Damping Factor: Greater than 250 @ 8 ohm
- Noise (unweighted): 100 dB below rated output (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 8 ohm load)
- Input Sensitivity: 1.42 Vrms for 1050 watts into 8 ohms
- Controls Front: AC power switch, Ch. 1 and Ch. 2 gain control
- Controls Rear: 10-pole DIP switch featuring LF filter on/off, LF filter 30/50 Hz, Clip Limiter on/off controls for each channel and switches for selecting Stereo, Parallel, or Bridge mode. Push-button circuit breaker for each channel.
- Voltage Gain: 64x (36 dB) for 8 ohm load
- Input Impedance: 20 k ohm balanced, 10 k ohm unbalanced
- Indicators: Power-On: Green LED, Protect: Red LED, Signal -30dB: Yellow LED, Clip: Red LED
- Connectors Input: XLR female, TRS (1/4-inch), and barrier-strip screw terminals, each channel
- Connectors Output: Binding posts and Speakon outputs (Ch. 1 Speakon wired for biamp)
- Cooling: Continuously variable-speed fan, rear-to-front air flow
- Amplifier Protection: Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, ultrasonic, and RF protection. Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
- Load Protection: On/off muting, DC fault output crowbar
- Power Requirements: 100, 120 or 240 Volts AC (+/-10%) 50-60 Hz (factory configured)120V models require 20 Amp, 120V service and are supplied with a NEMA 5-20 plug on the cordset.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 19.0 x 5.25 x 15.9 in. (48.3 x 13.3 x 40.39 cm)
- Weight: 75 lb (34.02 kg) net, 87 lb (39.46 kg) shipping
Note: Register your new product online with QSC and receive a Free 6-Year Extended Warranty upgrade (a $99 value).
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-772-2834