Tap Into Lush 12-String Tones with this Gretsch Hollowody!The Gretsch G5422DC-12 Electromatic hollowbody takes its cues from the fantastic G5422TDC 6-string -- but doubles down on the shimmer power with this 12-string version! It's similar in nearly every other way to the 6-string model, but omits the Bigsby tremolo. The additional strings add just 3mm of width to the neck, while the scale length remains 24.5 inches.
The G5422DC-12 comes in the same double-cutaway hollowbody design found on the 6-string model, with elegant silver hardware throughout. The distinctive body design, set neck, and custom-designed "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups all come together to create an instrument that sings with a lush, beautiful voice all its own.
Sounds, Feels and Looks Like Nothing ElseThe body on this marvelous guitar is a specially balanced 5-ply maple under a gloss urethane finish. The depth on the body is a substantial 2.25 inches that feels great to hold and imparts the instrument with its legendary sustain and shimmer. A nicely accented binding adorns the body, fingerboard, and sound holes, and the silver plexi pickguard shines magnificently under the stage lights.
Great Fit and Finish for Any PlayerThis Electromatic's maple neck is set with 22 medium jumbo frets in a rosewood fingerboard. The neck measures 1.8125 inches at the nut and has an overall scale length of 24.5 inches. Hump-Block fingerboard inlays adorn 8 frets.
Filter'Tron Pickups Steal the ShowFor starters, the G5422DC-12's "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups look way cooler than most other pickups out there. This is a fact. Additionally, they happen to be some of the coolest-sounding pickups out there!
This pickup was specially designed by the Gretsch R&D team, with a winding pattern based on a vintage Baldwin-era Filter'Tron pickup found in an older Gretsch. Seeking to capture the punchy twang of this pickup, Gretsch created the "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups that now impart this guitar with such a distinctive voice. A 3-position toggle lets you tweak the tonal balance between the pickups to your heart's content.
Achieve Perfect Voicing and IntonationThe rest of the hardware on the G5422DC-12 Electromatic is chrome-plated and absolutely top-shelf. The Adjust-o-Matic bridge rests on a rosewood base, achieving a tone that is found on no other guitar. A handsome "G" cutout tailpiece ties it all together.
Features:- "Black Top" Filter'Tron Pickups in Neck and Bridge Positions
- Three-position pickup switch
- Maple Neck
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Medium Jumbo Frets
- Vintage Style Open-Back Tuning Machines
- Adjust-o-Matic bridge with rosewood-base
- Hump-Block Fingerboard Inlays
- Bound Body Top, Back, Sound Holes, and Fingerboard
- Silver Plexi Pickguard
- Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- "G" arrow control knobs
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gretsch products.
- Model Name: G5422DC-12 Electromatic(R) Hollow Body 12-String
- Series: Electromatic CollectionBody:
- Body Material: 5-Ply Maple
- Body Shape: Double Cutaway
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane, Gloss Urethane
- Bracing: Sound Post
- Body Depth: 2.25" (57 mm)Neck:
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Nut Width: 1.8125" (46 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.5" (62.2 cm)Electronics:
- Bridge Pickup: "Black Top" Filter'Tron(TM) Bridge Pickup
- Neck Pickup: "Black Top" Filter'Tron(TM) Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master ToneHardware:
- Hardware Finish: Chrome-Plated
- Bridge: Rosewood-Based Adjusto-Matic(TM) Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Open-BackMiscellaneous:
- Unique Features: Hump-Block Fingerboard Inlays, Bound Body Top and Back, Bound Sound Holes and Fingerboard, Silver Plexi Pickguard, Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs, Adjustable Truss Rod, "G" Cutout Tailpiece
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 480-596-9690
Product DescriptionThe Gretsch G5422DC-12 Electromatic Hollow Body 12-String sparkles with the lushly full and distinctively chiming sound that only comes from doubling the number of strings on a fine Gretsch guitar. Further, it features two dynamic "Black Top" Filter'Tron pickups, which endow this generation of Electromatic hollow-body models with an electrifying voice and identity.
Full and balanced 12-string tone emanates from its bound double-cutaway hollow body, which features sound-post bracing and elegant bound f holes. Other features include a maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and hump-block pearloid inlays, silver plexi pickguard, three-position pickup switch, classic "G" arrow control knobs, rosewood-based 'Adjust-o-Matic' bridge and "G" Cutout Tailpiece, vintage-style open-back tuners and chrome hardware.