The Zoom H3-VR's 4-capsule Ambisonic mic captures 4 channels of 360-degree audio up to 24 bit/96 kHz. The onboard decoder automatically converts the raw Ambisonics A audio to VR-ready Ambisonics B audio, so it can easily be paired with your 360-video. And no computer is required. The H3-VR can also record stereo files in binaural mode, providing a hyper-realistic spatial recording for 2D creators looking to add more depth to their sound. For musicians, this means transporting fans from the back row to center stage. A 6-axis motion sensor provides the H3-VR with Auto Mic Position and Level Detection, so however you position the mic from scene to scene, your 360-audio and video orientations will stay aligned. Creators can monitor their audio while recording and with the H3 Control App, creators can remotely access transport controls, levels, and metadata notes right from their iOS device.
*After audio is recorded, the onboard Ambisonics playback allows you to rotate the H3-VR to simulate spatial audio while listening.
- 4 built-in mics arranged in an Ambisonic array
- Full-sphere surround sound recording
- Single-knob gain control of all input levels
- Onboard Ambisonics A to B conversion
- Three recording modes: Ambisonics, Stereo Binaural or Standard Stereo
- Auto Mic Position Detection using 6-axis gyroscope
- Stereo binaural monitoring of Ambisonics signal