Zoom AC-3 Acoustic Creator Direct Box
Like its little brother, the Zoom AC-3 Acoustic Creator is an enhanced direct box with essential DI features that helps you achieve great tone no matter where you play. The AC-3 is equipped with an effects generator, stereo outputs, and a compressor. With these features plus the same high-quality preamp and 3-band EQ as the AC-2, the AC-3 is an all-in-one acoustic toolkit thats perfect for live performance and studio.
The Essential Acoustic DI
The AC-3 puts essential DI features right at your fingertips. Its high-quality preamp boosts your signal and helps restore your true acoustic sound. Plus, its 3-band EQ lets you quickly make the perfect adjustments to refine your tone. To add depth and color to your tone, AC-3 also features the best effects weve ever designed for acoustics. Choose from 9 different effects such as delay, chorus, and reverb, each of which has with adjustable parameters for fine-tuning your sound.
Dial In Your Source...
With 16 source guitar presets, the AC-3 recovers the sonic characteristics of a variety of guitar types and body shapes. You can choose from dreadnought, upright bass, nylon strings, 12 string, and more.
Simply select your guitar of choice, then choose piezo or magnetic pickup. From there, the AC-3 is ready to reproduce and amplify your guitars tone with complete accuracy.
The AC-3 also comes with 15 additional target guitar* presets that you can use to more accurately match your guitars tone. For example, when using a Martin D-18 dreadnought, you can choose the Dreadnought source guitar preset and the D-Eighteen target guitar preset to more closely match the unique sound of your instrument. Or if youre playing a square shoulder guitar, choose the Square Shoulder source preset, then use the Humming Bird target preset to recreate your tone more accurately. *Not all target guitars are available from all source guitars. For instance, when plugging in a Resonator, you would turn your target guitar to Off. Please see page 10 of the operation manual for compatibility.
Ultra Smooth Compression
Whether youre strumming lightly or playing with a little more intensity, the AC-3s single-knob compressor is one of the finest youve ever heard. Zooms single-knob compressor makes it easy to smooth out and control your guitars dynamics for a full, balanced sound. Plus, the compressors LED indicator makes it simple to adjust dynamics parameters during a live set.
Stereo Outputs Times Two
The AC-3s balanced XLR mono/stereo outputs with pre/post control allow you to connect to any PA mixing board or studio console. It also includes two outputs for simultaneous mono/stereo connection to amps, headphones, or audio interfaces. This allows audiences to hear the full character of stereo or delay effects.
Cut Feedback Automatically
The AC-3 is equipped with an anti-feedback button which can also be activated with Zooms FS-01 footswitch (sold separately). This automatically locates and eliminates problem frequenciesan essential for live performance.
To eliminate unwanted hum or buzz from mics or speakers, the AC-3 includes a ground/lift switch that interrupts ground loops between equipment.
Thanks to the AC-3s all-in-one design, you can record the rich, acoustic sound you love without the need for heavy post-production processing.
Watch the clip below to see Kyle Bolden record directly from the AC-3 to his computer DAW.
The AC-3's Volume control automatically controls both the preamps input gain and output level, taking the guesswork out of adjusting sound levels to match.
Tune on the Spot
The AC-3s built-in tuner with its large LED meter lets you easily see when youre in tune.
Up to 9 dB of Additional Gain
You can also add up to 9 dB of gain with the tap of your foot using the AC-3's boost function, allowing you to switch from strumming to finger-picking without ever missing a note.
Three Ways to Power Up
Two AA batteries provide up to three hours of continuous power. Alternatively, you can use the included Zoom AD-16 AC adapter for plug-in power, or the micro USB port to bus power the AC-3 via your computer.
Zoom AC-3 Features
- 16 source guitar type/body presets for accurate tone re-creation
- 15 target guitar type/body presets for tonal refinement
- Two XLR balanced outs
- Two outputs for mono or stereo connection to guitar amps, headphones, and audio interfaces
- High-quality, low noise preamp
- 9 effects with adjustable parameters
- Piezo/magnetic input pickup select
- Built-in compressor
- 3-band equalizer
- Input and output gain/sensitivity adjustable via single volume knob (patent pending)
- Clipping indicator
- Anti-feedback control
- Boost switch for up to 9 dB of additional gain
- Built-in chromatic visual-LED tuner
- USB connection for firmware updates
- Dual output jacks for connection to guitar amps and mono or stereo PA systems
- Three power options: 2 x AA batteries, the included Zoom AD-16 power adapter (9V DC in), or bus power via micro-USB port
Included with the AC-3
- Zoom AD-16 AC adapter
- Operation manual
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Zoom products.
- Source Guitars:
16 Types- Target Guitars:
15 Types- Effect Types:
9 Types- Sampling frequency:
44.1 kHz- A/D conversion:
24-bit with 128x oversampling- D/A conversion:
24-bit with 128x oversampling- Signal processing:
32-bit- Frequency characteristics:
20 Hz 20 kHz (+1 dB/-3 dB) (10 k load)- INPUT:
- Standard mono phone jack
- Rated input level: -20 dBu
- Input impedance: 10 M- OUTPUTS:
- L/MONO/PHONES: Standard stereo phone jack (combined line/headphones)
- Maximum output level: Line +7 dBu (10 k or more output impedance)
- Headphones 8 mW + 8 mW (32 load) R Standard mono phone jack
- Maximum output level: Line +7 dBu (10 k or more output impedance)- BALANCED OUT-L:
- Output impedance: 100 (HOT-GND, COLD-GND), 200
- PRE/POST (switchable) GND LIFT (switchable) - BALANCED OUT-R:
- XLR jack:
- Output impedance: 100 (HOT-GND, COLD-GND), 200 (HOT-COLD) GND LIFT (switchable) - Equivalent input noise:
120 dBu- Noise floor (residual noise):
-100 dBu- Control input:
FS01 Input- Power:
AC adapter: 9 V DC 500 mA center negative (ZOOM AD-16) Batteries: 2 AA (about 3 hrs continuous operation time using alkaline batteries)- USB:
USB MIDI USB Micro-B- Dimensions:
6.22 in (D) X 4.21 in (W) X 2.04 in (H) - Weight:
1150 g (Not including batteries)- Options:
FS01 footswitch- Note:
0 dBu = 0.775 V
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):