Yamaha MX88 Keyboard Synthesizer, 88-Key
The Yamaha MX88 Keyboard Synthesizer is the complete solution for the modern piano player needing realistic piano action, inspiring synth sound and easy connectivity to computers and iOS devices.
The MX88 features a Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) weighted action. GHS weighted action has a heavier response in the low keys and a lighter response in the high keys. This provides realistic acoustic piano touch and response. Special matte black key tops absorb moisture and remain tactile after extended use, perfect for long practice or performance sessions.
Full Concert Grand Piano Voice
The Full Concert Grand piano in the MX88 comes directly from the MOTIF series. With a powerful focused low-end, highly detailed midrange and pristine high-end, the Full Concert Grand piano is perfect for any style of music in any environment.
Don't sacrifice sound for portability - get the MX88! The MX88 is a lightweight and portable music synthesizer with 88 full-sized, touch-sensitive keys and over 1,000 Voices from the legendary MOTIF.
Optimized Touch Curve
Uniting the GHS action with the Full Concert Grand piano Voice is an optimized touch curve. This curve provides the player with a high level of expression, realism and dynamic. This is only possible in an instrument designed by Yamaha, a manufacturer of world-class concert grand pianos for over 100 years.
Sounds For The Modern Piano Player
Beyond acoustic piano, the MX88 features an impressive selection of keyboard Voices. Choose from authentic re-creations of classic tine and reed electric pianos or retro tonewheel organs with rotary speaker effect. There are also punchy and percussive Clav sounds when you want to get funky. This wide variety of sounds makes the MX88 perfect for the stage, studio or worship service.
Realistic Strings, Guitars, Basses And Drum Kits
Amazing re-creations of orchestral strings, woodwinds, pipe organs, brass and more make the MX88 an inspirational tool for orchestrators, educators and producers. For the aspiring producer, the highly expressive and playable acoustic and electric guitars, basses, tonewheel organs and drum kits offer a powerful and professional sonic pallete.
Motif Sound Engine
The MOTIF Sound Engine is a powerful synthesizer technology for making sound. MOTIF Sound Engine Voices consist of up to eight Elements. These Elements can be layered for a thick, fat sound or zoned so a different Element plays in different parts of the keyboard. You can also switch between Elements by velocity for extreme dynamics or randomize elements for anything from subtle variation to experimental sound.
- FM Essential is a FREE 4-Operator FM synthesizer app for iOS. The standard version features 10 Voices, but connecting the MX88 Music Synthesizer (via the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter - not included) unlocks a full 271 FM Voices from classic '80s to cutting-edge modern EDM. Full Voice editing capabilities are also unlocked.
- FM Essential also features built-in effects, EQ, drum phrases and a step sequencer for automating your control changes.
Vcm (Virtual Circuitry Modeling) Effect
Virtual Circuitry Modeling re-creates the sound and behavior of vintage effects and high-end studio signal processors by modeling the circuits down to the original analog component level.
128 notes of polyphony ensure dropout-free performance playing live or with full 16-track sequences.
- The MX88 is more than a great-sounding synthesizer.
- The MX88 can work with iOS applications, DAW software and software synthesizers on Mac and PC.
Building on the same core technologies found in Steinberg's Cubase advanced music production software, Cubase AI is a special compact version offering all the basic tools for recording, editing and mixing everything from the basic idea to the final masterpiece. Cubase AI offers powerful yet easy-to-use software tools for a large range of music styles -- exclusive to customers of selected Steinberg and Yamaha hardware.
- The MX88 is more than a great-sounding synthesizer; it's the hub of your studio!
- The MX88 is USB audio and MIDI class-compliant, letting you record and playback stereo audio to and from your computer or iOS device. This is perfect when recording the MX88 into your DAW and listening to your mixes through speakers or headphones.
- The MX88 does more than connect to your DAW, it's also a dedicated control surface. Use the onboard transport controls with your DAW and interact with plug-in parameters via the control knobs. There are dozens of built-in Remote Control Templates for interacting with popular soft-synths and plug-ins, giving your software a hardware feel.
- With DAW remote control capabilities, there's also a 16-channel MIDI interface for using the MX88 as both a keyboard controller and tone generator.
- The MX88 is the perfect recording centerpiece.
CUBASIS LE2 is the compact version of Steinberg's streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad, providing the same look and feel of its bigger brother Cubasis. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis LE2 makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Cubasis LE2 places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening a world of possibilities for your creativity.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Yamaha products.
- Width: 51.97" (1320 mm)
- Height: 19.49" (405 mm)
- Depth: 6.61" (168 mm)
- Weight: 30.64 lbs (13.9 kg)Control Interface:
- Number of Keys: 88
- Initial Touch: Yes Tone generator:
- Tone Generator: AWM2
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 notes
- Multi Timbral Capacity: 16 parts (Internal)
- Wave: Approx.166 MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format)
- Voices Preset: 1,106 Normal Voices + 61 Drum Kits, GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit, User: 128 Normal Voices + 8 Drum Kits
- Performance User: 128 (16 parts)
- Effects Reverb x 9 types (42 presets), Chorus x 17 types (88 presets), Insertion Effect x 48types (267 presets) x 4, Master EQ (5 bands) Sequencer:
- Tempo (BPM): 5 - 300
- Songs: 27 Demo Songs
- Patterns: 208 Patterns
- Arpeggio: 999 types
- Sequence formats: SMF Format 0 (playback only) Other:
- Sequence Software compatible with the Remote Control function For Windows: Cubase 8 or later, SONAR X2 Producer For Mac: Cubase 8 or later, Logic Pro X, Digital Performer 9 *Functions to be controlled differ depending on the software
- Controllers: Pitch Bend Wheel x 1, Modulation Wheel x 1, Assignable Knob x 4, [DATA] dial x 1
- Display: 3 digit LED + 20 x 2 line character LCD (backlit)
- Connectors: OUTPUT [L / MONO] / [R] (standard phone jack), [PHONE] (standard stereo phone jack), [FOOT CONTROLLER], [SUSTAIN], MIDI [IN] / [OUT], USB [TO HOST] (Class Compliant support)/ [TO DEVICE], [AUX IN], DC IN
- Power Supply: 9 W
- Accessories: AC adaptor (PA-150B or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), Owner' Manual, Cubase AI Download Information
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Blemished, Black, Customer Return
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Black, with Case