map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 20C-FX8Z

Rating and Reviews: Yamaha MX88 Keyboard

Get rich and realistic piano sounds plus a library of synths, EPs, and other instruments with the Yamaha MX88 synthesizer -- a great stage keyboard solution.

"Yamaha MX88 Disappointed...(Updated)" submitted October 27, 2018

By Steve B. in Mount Juliet, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Play keys professionally for 25 years, studio musician.
Music Style: Little bit of everything
Overall: After posting my initial review and trying a few times to fall in love with the MX88, It never happened until I found the (C Piano) patch...I think it's like number 6 in piano category. I have to say, Its actually a very nice and robust piano sample. I obviously missed it the 1st -7th time around. Why it's not the 1st thing to pop up when the unit is turned on is beyond me...But it is in there and definitely changed my outlook on the unit. I still think the strings are way to 1990ish and pads are limited..BUT for under $1000, I would have to say that you are getting a very fair instrument for the price. It does have a lot of very useful features that are rather cumbersome to navigate around, But once you tinker with it a while...Read the manual....then tweak some more, you can actually dial it in quite nicely. Just don't forget to save the patch or you'll regret it. So I did give the MX88 an 8th chance to impress me, and I believe Its a keeper. And all because I didn't find the C.F. piano right away...I'll still be adding the MODX06 to complete the scene...Thanks zZounds!

"Awesome for what it is." submitted September 8, 2019

By Ken L. in Manchester, CT
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years. Semi-professional..
Music Style: Christian, electronic, Industrial, Metal.
Overall: Someone said that this board is basically an MM8 repackaged. Trust me, it's not. The MM8 had the sound engine of one of the Yamaha portable keyboards. This board has the motif sound engine on it. If you want a performance board with some bells and whistles, go for this. It will cover many styles of music. If you're looking for a snazzy analog flavor of the day board, don't buy this. Move along. But this should fit well with someone looking for a board for worship or a cover band.

"Amazing" submitted April 15, 2019

By a customer from comcast.net in Trenton, NJ
Music Style: All
Overall: This is the answer to everything a pianist/ keyboard player needs. It is so easy to work with.After years of looking for the best keyboard to assist me in my musical endeavors. This is IT. I have had Casio, and Roland ( which are great instruments for people who choose to work with them), but I am definitely a Yamaha person. zZounds is the best!!

"Decent for the money" submitted September 21, 2018

By Caleb R. in Picayune, MS
Musical Background: Worship leader for 20 years
Music Style: Christian with some other stuff occasionally
Overall: It's sounds as you would expect a Yamaha to sound. Simple, user friendly design. It's definitely great for entry level musicians or if you can't afford anything higher priced. My only real con is that the keybed isn't that great. After a few months of playing certain areas on the bed start to get really loose and get a little noisy.

"Amazing#2" submitted May 9, 2019

By James S. in Trenton, NJ
Musical Background: Songwriter/ hobbyist
Music Style: R&B
Overall: This is my 2nd review on this instrument. I can't express how satisfied I am with this instrument.For what it does, it does very well. The versatility of this instrument is truly outstanding. I am working on getting an Ipad so I can tap into FM essentials to start my composing/ prod2uction work.I believe this is where it really shine. I don't believe there is a better product with so many features in this price range.But, you have to work with it. You will find out how to get whatever you want out of it.BUT YOU HAVE TO APPLY YOURSELF TO LEARNING HOW TO USE THE INSTRUMENT!!!

"Yamaha MX88 Disappointed..." submitted October 23, 2018

By Steve B. in Mount Juliet, TN
Musical Background: Play keys professionally for 25 years
Overall: I'm not sure what the hype is. It's basically an MM8 with in a different color. I was hoping for a really good piano. No bottom end at all. Same old string patches...from early DGX models. I mean C'mon Yamaha...really? Hardly any usable pads...hard to get to mixer...Reverb is a joke. You can actually hear the reverb/ sampling recycle every second or so...it's horrible. For a beginners keyboard...? Well I'm sure it would be fine. Otherwise don't waste you money. Thank goodness for zZounds. You guys are awesome!

When you call, mention priority code 20C-FX8Z. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: