Vox Continental Keyboard, 73-Key
The Vox Continental 73-Key keyboard uses a simple and intuitive interface that allows quick accessibility of every function. The high-quality sound engine section is centered on organ, electric piano, and acoustic piano, and provides a wealth of stage-ready sounds. In addition, the Continental features a powerful effects section to enhance these sounds, and an analog valve drive powered by Nutube, the cutting-edge vacuum tube. It's an instrument that perfectly fits your live performance requirements for a variety of styles including rock, pop, jazz, and more.
Get a closer look at the Vox Continental Keyboards in this video from Vox:
- Intuitive user interface that emphasizes playability on stage
- ORGAN part that meticulously models three vintage organs
- High-quality E.PIANO part with attention paid to every detail
- Rich PIANO part powered by high-capacity samples
- KEY/LAYER part with a wide range of variations
- Intuitive and powerful effects that are optimized for live use
- Touch sensor that can control a variety of parameters
- Nine-band EQ that allows detailed control of your sound
- Real valve drive sound powered by Nutube, the new vacuum tube
- Newly developed waterfall keyboard provides excellent playability
- Dynamics knob lets you freely customize the playing feel of the keyboard
- Scene memories let you instantly switch between settings
- Lightweight and compact body is built of sturdy sheet metal and aluminum
- Carries on the scarlet color that's traditional for VOX organs
- V861 volume/expression pedal and ST-Continental keyboard stand are included
- An array of four sound parts delivers high-quality sounds for live use
With approximately 10 GB of high-capacity memory, the VOX Continental has 150 built-in programs carefully selected for live use, powered by its high-quality PCM sound engine and its sophisticated vintage sound modeling engine.
Organ part meticulously models three vintage organs
The Organ part contains three different sound engines. The VOX transistor organ sound engine perfectly reproduces the sound of the original VOX Continental that went on sale in the 1960s. The Compact reproduces every detail of another compact transistor organ from the same era as the Vox Continental. The CX-3 tonewheel organ sound engine faithfully models KORG's classic combo organ. These organ sounds let you use the revolutionary touch drawbars to freely control the harmonics and tone.
The Vox and the CX-3 also let you switch between upper (upper keyboard) and lower (lower keyboard) and split at a single touch of a button. It goes without saying that the CX-3 provides percussion to create an attack sound, and the Compact is equipped with an MTB (multi-tone booster) that lets you create everything from sweet and mellow tones to a distinctively sharp sound.
Furthermore, every sound allows vibrato/chorus and the rotary speaker simulation to be quickly switched on/off at a touch. Vintage effects are also included, letting you immerse yourself in the rich history of organ performance.
High-quality E.Piano part pays attention to every detail
Three electric piano sound engines are provided: Tine gives you the sounds produced by striking a metal bar, Reed models the vintage electric pianos that strike a vibrating reed, and FM creates the iconic electric piano sounds of the '80s. You'll enjoy high-quality E.piano sounds with realistically simulated amp and cabinet modeling, and carefully sampled overtones.
Rich piano parts delivered by high-capacity samples
Three types of piano are provided: Grand with its peerless resonance, Upright which provides the uniquely sophisticated depth of an upright piano, and E.Grand which gives you an electric grand that's ideal for pop music. Grand and Upright lavishly feature non-looped stereo samples for every key, bringing you richly expressive piano sounds that are both delicate and powerful.
Key/Layer part with rich variety
This part contains a variety of practical sounds that will be immediately useful in your band or ensemble, organized into the six categories of Key, Brass, Strings, Lead, Synth, and other. These will perfectly cover the keys part of any musical style.
From EQ to EG, touch sensors allow versatile control
- The greatest distinction of the VOX Continental's interface is its revolutionary LED-equipped touch bars that shift function according to the situation.
- When you're playing an Organ part, they function as touch drawbars that you can control directly with your fingertips.
- When you're playing a Key/Layer part
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Vox products.
Semi-weighted waterfall (velocity sensitive is supported, after touch is not supported)
- 73 keys: C2 - C7 (transposable in the range of [E-1...C5] – [E3...E9]), velocity sensitive E1 to E7
- Modeling tonewheel organ sound generator: 128 voices
- Modeling transistor organ sound generator: 100 voices
- Modeling electric piano sound generator: 80 voices
- High-definition Piano sound generator: 60 dual stereo notes (equivalent to 240 voices max)
- Modeling analog synthesizer sound generator: 36voices
- PCM sound generator: 64 stereo notes (equivalent to 128 voices max)
- Actual maximum polyphony will vary depending on oscillator settings such as stereo multisamples and velocity crossfade.
- Approx. 10.5 GB (in case of 48 kHz, 16-bit Linear PCM converted)
- 3 types (CX-3, VOX, COMPACT)
- Draw bar, Percussion ON/OFF, Split function, Vibrato/Chorus ON/OFF, Rotary Speaker ON/OFF)
- 3 types (TINE, REED, FM)
- 3 types (GRAND, UPRIGHT, E.GRAND)
- 6 types (KEY, BRASS, STRINGS, LEAD, SYNTH, OTHER)
- 16 (4 x 4)
- It is available to save 100 sets to external USB
- EFFECT: CHORUS, PHASER, FLANGER, COMP, DRIVE, WAH (control via pedal)
- DELAY: 1. DELAY, 2. CROSS, 3. TAPE, 4. MOD DLY
- REVERB: 1. HALL1, 2. HALL2, 3. ROOM1, 4. ROOM2, 5. SPRING
- 9-band stereo input/output
- Vacuum tube Nutube 6P1
- Control the amount of change in volume and tone produced by your keyboard playing dynamics.
- ORGAN: Rotary Slow/Fast
- E.PIANO: Tremolo ON/OFF
- KEY/LAYER: Pitch bend
Touch sensors (electrostatic capacitance type)
- ORGAN: Drawbars
- KEY/LAYER: Sound controls
- EQ: 9 band equalizer
- 20Hz - 22kHz +/- 1.0dB 10k ohm load
- 20Hz - 22 kHz 0.005% (standard) 10k ohm load
- 105dB (standard)
OUTPUT L/MONO, R
- Connector: 6.3 mm (1/4") monaural phone jack, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 1.1 ohm (when outputting in stereo), 600 ohm (L/Mono jack, when outputting in mono)
- Maximum level: +16.0 dBu
- Load impedance: 10k ohm or more
OUTPUT L, R
- Connector: XLR-3-32 type (balanced) + LIFT - GND switch
- Output impedance: 350 [O] (when outputting in stereo)
- Maximum level: +16.0 [dBu]
- Load impedance: 10k ohm or more
- Connector: 6.3 mm (1/4") stereo phone jack
- Output impedance: 50 ohm
- Maximum level: 150 + 150 mW @32 ohm
- KORG DS-1H damper pedal (supports half-damper), PS-1 and PS-3 pedal switches
- KORG PS-1 and PS-3 pedal switches
- V861 VOL/EXP pedal volume/expression pedalV861
- IN, OUT
- USB A (TYPE A): Saving/loading scene data
- USB B (TYPE B): MIDI interfaces: 1 (16 ch) in/1 (16 ch) out
- Complies with USB specification Ver. 2.0, High speed (up to 480 Mbps)
- AC adapter connector (DC 15 V), power button
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 73-key model: 939 mm x 350 mm x 86 mm/ 36.97" x 13.78" x 3.39"
- 73-key model: 7.2 kg / 15.87 lbs
- AC adapter, Power cord, V861 Volume/Expression pedal, ST-Continental keyboard stand (for -key model and 73-key model)
Accessories (sold separately)
- Soft Case SC-Continental 73 (for 73-key model)
- Damper Pedal KORG DS-1H
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- with Vox Continental Stand and EXP Pedal
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):