Universal Audio Apollo X6 Thunderbolt 3
The Universal Audio Apollo X6 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface allows music producers and post-production studios to track, overdub, and mix with world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, and 5.1 surround sound monitoring -- all in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac or PC.
Built upon UA's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, this 16 x 22 interface distinguishes itself with two Unison-enabled mic preamps, providing authentic emulations of preamps from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, SSL and more, plus HEXA Core processing -- yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time.
In addition to its elite-class audio conversion, Apollo x6 features selectable operating level for compatibility with professional +24 dBu gear, as well as an integrated monitor controller and built-in talkback mic.
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of chart-topping songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are no strangers to tracking stellar-sounding records. To improve on the previous generation Apollo interface's class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers obsessively auditioned the latest A/D and D/A converters -- ultimately pairing elite-class 24-bit/192 kHz converters with analog circuitry for an ultra-pristine signal path.
With 129 dB dynamic range and 128 dB THD+N, Apollo x6's open, natural sound quality rivals any dedicated high-end converter on the market -- regardless of price -- and is the perfect starting point for applying UAD processing.
Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing
Apollo x6 features HEXA Core processing with six DSP chips and 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than previous Apollos. This lets you run more UAD plug-ins, whether you're tracking in real time with channel strips from Neve, Manley, or API, or running high UAD plug-in counts when mixing in your DAW.
From the tube warmth of Pultec EQs on guitars to the musical tube limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine 1176 or Fairchild 670 tube compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward with a rich, three-dimensional analog sound that UAD plug-ins provide.
Unison Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, API, & Manley Preamps
Perfect for electronic musicians and post production professionals who don't require tons of mic inputs, Apollo x6 features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, and Universal Audio. A Universal Audio exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres -- including their input impedance, gain stage "sweet spots," and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its on-board Realtime UAD Processing.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
A hallmark feature of Apollo is its Realtime UAD Processing, letting you run the full library of UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency.
- Experience elite-class A/D and D/A conversion nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise available -- at any price
- Track and mix with powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP chips for running more award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
- Record with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Fender, and more using Unison technology
- Easily connect to pro-level studio gear with switchable +24 / +20 dBu headroom settings
- Work in surround formats up to 5.1, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
- Integrated talkback and built-in cues for easy communication and slating takes
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Universal Audio products.
- Available Thunderbolt 1, 2, or 3 port
- Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 connections require an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (sold separately)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, or 10.14 Mojave
- Note: The latest UAD software now includes support for Apollo X with Apple Mac Pro late 2013 "black cylinder" models.
- Available Thunderbolt 3 port
- Windows 10 (64-Bit Edition)
- See Apollo X Series Windows Compatibility article on UA website for details
- Thunderbolt 3 cable (sold separately)
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- with Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo