Apollo FireWire is one of the world's most popular professional audio interfaces -- delivering the sound, feel, and flow of analog recording to music creators everywhere. A perfect centerpiece for studios running original Mac Pro towers and Windows 7 machines, this 18 x 24 FireWire 800-equipped interface features analog design based on UA's 50-year heritage, along with gold-standard Apollo A/D and D/A conversion for impeccable audio resolution.
Apollo FireWire further distinguishes itself with Realtime UAD-2 Processing and Unison technology, letting you record with near-zero latency through the full range of UAD plug-ins from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon, and more -- including new mic preamp emulations from Neve, API and Universal Audio.
With its elegant workflow and world-class audio quality, Apollo FireWire is the perfect interface for music producers seeking classic analog sound.
- Worldwide standard in professional A/D and D/A conversion for music production
- Onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP allows Realtime UAD Processing -- record through plug-ins from Neve, Lexicon, Studer, Marshall, Ampex, and more
- 4 Unison-enabled mic preamps for tracking through preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio
- 18 x 24 FireWire audio interface for Mac and Windows 7
- Cascade two Apollos for 16 analog I/O and 12 digital I/O
- Includes "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle with 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp…
Rooms, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and more
- Upgradeable to Thunderbolt via Thunderbolt 2 Option Card (Mac)
- World class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
The Gold Standard in 24-bit/192 kHz Sound QualityDesigned to play a central role in studios running original Mac Pro towers or Windows 7 machines, Apollo FireWire delivers an uncompromising approach to audio quality. Building upon decades of UA hardware heritage, it offers extremely high-resolution sound, with the lowest THD and highest dynamic range in its class. Apollo FireWire's four premium mic preamps and converters translates into recordings with astounding accuracy and depth -- whether you're tracking and overdubbing, or mixing and mastering.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing, and MasteringWhile Apollo FireWire's "natural" sound is exceedingly open and transparent, it can quickly deliver a wide range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Featuring powerful onboard QUAD processing, Apollo FireWire's DSP Acceleration allows for recording through UAD Powered Plug-Ins -- with as low as sub-2ms latency, regardless of buffer settings -- letting you monitor and "print" audio with classic analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more.
The Apollo FireWire's bundled "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" suite of UAD plug-ins gives you the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and more, so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics, right out of the box.
Better still, Apollo FireWire's UAD plug-ins are also available during mixing and mastering, so you can use UAD plug-ins (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64) throughout the creative process.
Unison TechnologyA Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo FireWire's Unison technology gives you the tone of the world's most sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps -- including their all-important impedance, gain stage "sweet spots," and component-level circuit behaviors. Based on unprecedented hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing, Unison lets you record through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, or exclusive preamp emulations from API and Neve.
Elegant Hardware Design and WorkflowOne key feature of Apollo FireWire isn't really a "feature" at all. It's the numerous design details that give you a fast, natural workflow -- and better results. There are physical front-panel controls for all the most commonly used features, including Preamp and Monitor level knobs, channel selection, mic pad and low cut, phantom power, and dual headphone outs with independent level control. Smart Hi-Z inputs on the front panel detect when you've connected your guitar or bass. Sonically, Apollo's Monitor outputs are digitally controlled analog, so you don't lose audio resolution when you adjust gain.
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
All trademarks are recognized as property of their respective owners. Individual UAD Powered Plug-Ins sold separately.