Universal Audio UAD2 Solo Laptop CardThe UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop is the must-have sonic upgrade for recording and mixing with authentic analog sound quality on a laptop. This ExpressCard-based DSP accelerator package includes several of Universal Audio's most popular "analog classic" plug-ins -- the LA-2A and 1176 Compressor/Limiters, and the Pultec EQ -- and provides a significant processing boost for those who mix music on Mac or PC laptops, thanks to its onboard SHARC processor. Better still, it gives users access to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including some of the best-reviewed plug-ins of all time.
Specifically, the UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, Teletronix and more (sold separately), from any ExpressCard-equipped Mac or PC. Whether you use Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Digital Performer or Pro Tools, these UAD-2 plug-ins can inject the character and quality of classic hardware into your mixes, while freeing up your laptop's internal processor for other mixing duties. Put simply, the UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop is like having a rack full of vintage analog gear in your pocket.
Mac- and Windows-compatible, with support for VST, Audio Units and RTAS, the UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop is easy to use. Just install the software, plug it in, and start mixing. Thanks to its Analog Devices SHARC processor, and simple ExpressCard format, no cables or external power supply are required. Just plug and play.
Developed by the industry's finest engineering team, and backed by frequent new software and plug-in releases, the UAD-2 is the processing platform of choice for many of the world's top musicians, producers and engineers.
Features- Run world-class UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins -- finally on your ExpressCard-equipped Mac or PC laptop
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN/SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Access the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including: Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, Teletronix and more (sold separately)
- Run complex mix processing in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Performer and more -- without taxing host computer CPU
- Free UAD software upgrades, plus access to more plug-ins at UA's Online Store
- High-bandwidth ExpressCard format card w/ (1) Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processor
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard and Windows XP/Vista/7 compatible
- Linkable to existing UAD Groups/Systems -- Use up to 4 UAD-2(s) in one system; can be combined with UAD-1 cards
- Includes $50 voucher for plug-in purchases via UA's Online Store
1-year Limited Warranty
* APPLE MACBOOK UPDATE (6/09): Apple recently announced a new line of Macbook Pro computers, and while the new lower priced 15" model will not have an ExpressCard slot, we are pleased to see that the larger and more powerful 17" Macbook Pro -- which is more suitable for pro audio work -- retains the ExpressCard slot. This, combined with the reduced price on the 17" model, make us very comfortable recommending the 17" Macbook Pro for UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop customers.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Universal Audio products.
High-bandwidth x1 PCI Express (PCIe) card (can be used in x1/x4/x8 and x16 slots, PCIe 2.0 compatible)
- UAD-2 Solo Low-Profile, Half-Height, Short PCIe card designed to fit modern small form factor systems
- UAD-2 Duo/Quad Full-Height, Short PCIe card for easy installation even in compact PC cases
1, 2 or 4 Analog Devices SHARC 21369 floating-point processors
2.5X(Solo), 5X(Duo), 10X(Quad) the power of UAD-1*
- *UAD-2 individual plug-in instances per DSP chip will vary based on the plug-in combination selected with the average session being around 2.5x
Premier library of the world's most accurate analog emulations authenticated by Neve(R), Roland(R), Moog(R), SPL(R), Harrison(R), Little Labs(R) and more...
Multi-card support for up to 8 cards - mix and match up to 4 UAD-2's and 4 UAD-1/1e/Xpanders in one system/group
Cross-Platform for Mac OS X Tiger(10.4), Leopard(10.5) and Windows XP/x64, Vista32/64
VST, AU, RTAS support, cross-platform Mac OS X Tiger/Leopard, Windows XP/Vista
Auto-Delay Compensation for Pro Tools LE via Mellowmuse(R) ATA
44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz sample rate support
Cutting edge drivers - optimized for modern multi-thread and multi-processor architectures
Real-time and faster than real-time processing for mix bounces (unlike some other DSP solutions)
High-speed memory bus for running reverb/delay type effects (unlike some other DSP solutions)
LiveTrack(TM) (Low-Latency Mode) allows UAD-2 plug-ins to behave just like host plug-ins with no additional latency added* - now you can use UAD-2 plug-ins for monitoring, tracking and instrument processing
*Only works on select hosts. See the compatibility page for more details.
SessionMap(TM) bi-directional UAD-1<>UAD-2 session compatibility* (via ID sharing) and in session multi-card DSP management - use your UAD-1 alongside your UAD-2, or work with other collaborators using UAD
*Session recall is limited to availability of plug-in authorizations and available hardware
*Nigel has been discontinued for UAD-2
L.O.D.E.(TM) (Live Optimizing DSP Engine) the UAD-2's DSP engine automatically balances resources to maximize your plug-in instantiations
LoadLock(TM) reserves maximum DSP for guaranteed Plug-In loading
Redesigned Plug-In Toolbar and Meter & Control Panel application featuring...
- UAD-2/UAD-1 resource metering
- Improved preset management, with easy cut/copy/paste between SE and full versions
- Demo management, and plug-in purchase direct from the plug-in toolbar
- Simplified Registration/Authorization process - no more copying of card ID's or serials
- Help and support tab to get you up and running and to keep you going
Featuring UAi(TM) UA's unique modeling technology that captures the real magic of analog
14-day full function Demo for all plug-ins so you can try before you buy
Powered Plug-Ins(TM) available 24/7 @ uaudio.com
Easy license transfer for existing UAD-1/1e/Xpander users
Great launch upgrade promotions for all existing UAD-1/1e/Xpander users
Designed and Made in U.S.A.
Minimum System Requirements:
Microsoft Windows XP (Home, Professional, or x64 Edition), Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista (x86 or x64)
Mac OS X 10.4.x "Tiger" or 10.5.x "Leopard"
Processor upgrade cards are not officially supported
256 MB RAM (512 MB is strongly recommended)
1024 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
CD-ROM drive or internet connection for software installation
125 MB available hard drive space for UAD-2 or UAD-1 installation
250 MB available hard drive space for combined UAD-2 plus UAD-1 installation
Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
Compatible VST or Audio Units plug-in host application software. See compatibility page for more details.
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 877-698-2834