The UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop is the must-have sonic upgrade for recording and mixing with authentic analog sound quality on a laptop. This ExpressCard-based DSP accelerator package includes several of Universal Audio's most popular "analog classic" plug-ins -- the LA-2A and 1176 Compressor/Limiters, and the Pultec EQ -- and provides a significant processing boost for those who mix music on Mac or PC laptops, thanks to its onboard SHARC processor. Better still, it gives users access to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including some of the best-reviewed plug-ins of all time.
Specifically, the UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, Teletronix and more (sold separately), from any ExpressCard-equipped Mac or PC. Whether you use Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Digital Performer or Pro Tools, these UAD-2 plug-ins can inject the character and quality of classic hardware into your mixes, while freeing up your laptop's internal processor for other mixing duties. Put simply, the UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop is like having a rack full of vintage analog gear in your pocket.
Mac- and Windows-compatible, with support for VST, Audio Units and RTAS, the UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop is easy to use. Just install the software, plug it in, and start mixing. Thanks to its Analog Devices SHARC processor, and simple ExpressCard format, no cables or external power supply are required. Just plug and play.
Developed by the industry's finest…
engineering team, and backed by frequent new software and plug-in releases, the UAD-2 is the processing platform of choice for many of the world's top musicians, producers and engineers.
Features- Run world-class UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins -- finally on your ExpressCard-equipped Mac or PC laptop
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN/SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Access the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including: Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, Teletronix and more (sold separately)
- Run complex mix processing in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Performer and more -- without taxing host computer CPU
- Free UAD software upgrades, plus access to more plug-ins at UA's Online Store
- High-bandwidth ExpressCard format card w/ (1) Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processor
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard and Windows XP/Vista/7 compatible
- Linkable to existing UAD Groups/Systems -- Use up to 4 UAD-2(s) in one system; can be combined with UAD-1 cards
- Includes $50 voucher for plug-in purchases via UA's Online Store
1-year Limited Warranty
* APPLE MACBOOK UPDATE (6/09): Apple recently announced a new line of Macbook Pro computers, and while the new lower priced 15" model will not have an ExpressCard slot, we are pleased to see that the larger and more powerful 17" Macbook Pro -- which is more suitable for pro audio work -- retains the ExpressCard slot. This, combined with the reduced price on the 17" model, make us very comfortable recommending the 17" Macbook Pro for UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop customers.