Universal Audio UAD2 Solo Flexi DSP CardThe UAD-2 Solo Flexi gives producers and engineers a simple, powerful entry point into the award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform on Mac or PC -- plus a $500 plug-in voucher to build your own personalized bundle. This DSP accelerator package includes several of Universal Audio's most popular "analog classic" plug-ins -- the LA-2A and 1176 Compressors/Limiters, and the Pultec EQP-1A-- for rich, vintage sound quality right out of the box. It also provides a processing boost for running larger mixes, thanks to its PCIe card with an onboard SHARC processor. Better still, it gives users access to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including some of the best-reviewed plug-ins of all time.
Specifically, the UAD-2 Solo Flexi provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Boss, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, Teletronix and more (sold separately), from any Mac or PC with available PCIe card slot. Whether you use Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Digital Performer or Pro Tools, these UAD-2 plug-ins can inject the character and quality of classic hardware into your mixes, while freeing up your computer's internal processor for other mixing duties.
Mac- and Windows-compatible, with support for VST, Audio Units and RTAS, the UAD-2 Solo Flexi is easy to use. Just install the software, install the card, and start mixing.
Developed by the industry's finest engineering team, and backed by frequent new software and plug-in releases, the UAD-2 is the processing platform of choice for many of the world's top musicians, producers and engineers.
Features- Run world-class UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins on your Mac or PC
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN/SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Access the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including: Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Boss, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, Teletronix and more (sold separately)
- Includes $500 voucher for plug-in purchases via UA's Online Store
- Run complex mix processing in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Performer and more -- without taxing host computer CPU
- Free UAD software upgrades, plus access to more plug-ins at UA's Online Store
- High-bandwidth PCIe card w/ (1) Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processor
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard and Windows XP/Vista/7 compatible
- Use up to 4 UAD-2(s) in one system; can be combined with UAD-1 cards
1-year Limited Warranty
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Universal Audio products.
High-bandwidth x1 PCI Express (PCIe) card (can be used in x1/x4/x8 and x16 slots, PCIe 2.0 compatible)
- UAD-2 Solo Low-Profile, Half-Height, Short PCIe card designed to fit modern small form factor systems
- UAD-2 Duo/Quad Full-Height, Short PCIe card for easy installation even in compact PC cases
1, 2 or 4 Analog Devices SHARC 21369 floating-point processors
2.5X(Solo), 5X(Duo), 10X(Quad) the power of UAD-1*
- *UAD-2 individual plug-in instances per DSP chip will vary based on the plug-in combination selected with the average session being around 2.5x
World's best plug-in library with premier titles from Neve(r), Roland(r), Moog(r), SPL(r), Pultec, and more...
Multi-card support for up to 8 cards - mix and match up to 4 UAD-2's and 4 UAD-1/1e/Xpanders in one system/group
Cross-Platform for Mac OS X Tiger(10.4), Leopard(10.5) and Windows XP/x64, Vista32/64
VST and AU Support
- NOTE: RTAS is NOT supported in Version 5.0 software. RTAS support will be available in a future software update
44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz sample rate support
Cutting edge drivers - optimized for modern multi-thread and multi-processor architectures
Real-time and faster than real-time processing for mix bounces (unlike some other DSP solutions)
High-speed memory bus for running reverb/delay type effects (unlike some other DSP solutions)
LiveTrack(tm) (Low-Latency Mode) allows UAD-2 plug-ins to behave just like host plug-ins with no additional latency added* - now you can use UAD-2 plug-ins for monitoring, tracking and instrument processing
- Only works on select hosts. See the compatibility page for more details.
SessionMap(tm) bi-directional UAD-1<>UAD-2 session compatibility* (via ID sharing) and in session multi-card DSP management - use your UAD-1 alongside your UAD-2, or work with other collaborators using UAD
- *Session recall is limited to availability of plug-in authorizations and available hardware
- *Nigel has been discontinued for UAD-2
- *As of v5.0 the following Powered Plug-Ins are not yet available for UAD-2:
-- Roland RE-201
-- Precision Maximizer
-- Precision De-Esser
-- Precision Buss Compressor
-- Precision Enhancer kHz
-- SPL Transient Designer
-- VCA VU
- These Powered Plug-Ins are currently being ported to UAD-2, and will be released very soon in a software update. If you already own any of these plug-ins on UAD-1, you can still crossgrade your UAD-1 plug-in licenses to UAD-2. Just download the latest version software when it becomes available and update your Authorization File.
L.O.D.E.(tm) (Live Optimizing DSP Engine) the UAD-2's DSP engine automatically balances resources to maximize your plug-in instantiations
LoadLock(tm) reserves maximum DSP for guaranteed Plug-In loading
Redesigned Plug-In Toolbar and Meter & Control Panel application featuring...
- UAD-2/UAD-1 resource metering
- Improved preset management, with easy cut/copy/paste between SE and full versions
- Demo management, and plug-in purchase direct from the plug-in toolbar
- Simplified Registration/Authorization process - no more copying of card ID's or serials
- Help and support tab to get you up and running and to keep you going
Featuring UAi(tm) UA's unique modeling technology that captures the real magic of analog
14-day full function Demo for all plug-ins so you can try before you buy
Powered Plug-Ins(tm) available 24/7 @ uaudio.com
Easy license transfer for existing UAD-1/1e/Xpander users
Great launch crossgrade promotions for all existing UAD-1/1e/Xpander users
Designed and Made in U.S.A.
Minimum System Requirements:
Microsoft Windows XP (Home, Professional, or x64 Edition), Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista (x86 or x64)
Mac OS X 10.4.x "Tiger" or 10.5.x "Leopard", Processor upgrade cards are not officially supported
1 available PCIe (PCI Express) x1/x4/x8 or x16 slot
256 MB RAM (512 MB is strongly recommended)
1024 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
CD-ROM drive or internet connection for software installation
125 MB available hard drive space for UAD-2 or UAD-1 installation
250 MB available hard drive space for combined UAD-2 plus UAD-1 installation
Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
Compatible VST or Audio Units plug-in host application software.
Multi-Card (Add More DSP!)
Need more raw DSP horsepower to run more UAD plugs in your mixes or simply want to run all your sessions at higher sample rates? The UAD was designed as a multi-card system allowing up to 4 UAD2 cards and 4 UAD1 cards to run on an OSX Mac/Win XP/Vista computer/expansion chassis system. Your existing plug-in licenses can be used across cards after registering a new card to your my.uaudio.com account and downloading the new plug authorization file.
Easily expand your DSP power with extra cards (up to 4 UAD-1/1e/Xpander, and 4 UAD-2 Cards per system)
L.O.D.E. (Live Optimizing DSP Engine) the UAD-2's DSP engine automatically balances resources to maximize your plug-in instantiations
Plug-In Licenses Valid for up to 4 UAD-2 and 4 UAD-1 cards in a system ( no need to re-purchase)
Use any combination of cards (PCI or PCIe)
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 877-698-2834