Taylor 714ce V-Class Acoustic-Electric
A versatile instrument suitable for a range of musical applications, the Taylor Grand Auditorium 714ce V-Class acoustic-electric guitar boasts a rich and dynamic voice. The Lutz spruce top responds with the sonic power and headroom of old-growth Adirondack spruce, with an extra splash of warmth across the tonal spectrum. Together with Taylor's patented V-Class bracing scheme and solid Indian rosewood back and sides, this guitar resonates with spectacular power, clarity and sustain. One of the most inspiring attributes of the bracing architecture is the noticeably enhanced in-tuneness of the notes, with more harmonic agreement among chords and extra girth in upper-register notes. The result is a balanced, textured sound that's rich in tonal nuance with enough dynamic range to support hard hitters and soft pickers alike. Aesthetically, the 714ce sports an aesthetic that balances rootsy and refined elements, featuring wood-rich details like koa binding, a herringbone-style Douglas fir/maple rosette, and bias-cut Douglas fir top trim, along with abalone Reflections fretboard and peghead inlays and a "weathered brown" pickguard. The guitar ships with ES2 electronics in a deluxe hardshell case.
- More Volume: V-Class guitar bracing controls the top's flexibility, creating a more orderly rocking motion across both sides of the top. The controlled flexing movement produces greater volume.
- Longer Sustain: V-Class bracing maintains stiffness along the middle of the guitar, in the direction of the strings. That rigidity keeps the strings in motion, producing notes that resonate longer before fading out.
- Better Intonation: V-Class bracing makes the top more in tune with the vibrating strings. This eliminates much of the interference that causes some notes to waver and sound slightly out of tune. As a result, notes and chords played anywhere on the neck are more consistent and in tune with each other.
Grand Auditorium Body Shape
- Body Length: 20" / Body Width: 16" / Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Taylor's signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
- An original Bob Taylor design introduced in 1994
- Full in the lower register, present in the midrange, and sparkling on the treble strings
- Their most popular shape and a good place to begin your search
Lutz Spruce Top
A Northwestern North America wood naturally occurring hybrid of Sitka and White spruce, Lutz grows in climate zones between where Sitka and White spruce are found. (Sitka grows in more coastal areas, while White spruce thrives in interior regions.) Lutz is considered very adaptive within those microclimates, which can yield properties that are superior to either species alone.
Indian rosewood's sweeping frequency range at both ends of the tonal spectrum has made it one of the most popular and musically rich tonewoods. Its deep lows can assert a throaty growl, while bright, sparkling treble notes ring out with bell-like, high-fidelity clarity.
Expression System 2
The Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor's ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor's patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before. Together with Taylor's custom-designed "professional audio"-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar.
Standard on all "ce" models in the 300 Series through the Presentation Series, the Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar. The Grand Concert, Grand Auditorium, and Grand Symphony have a steeper slope, while the Dreadnought and Jumbo are a bit flatter. Our Grand Concert nylon-string models also feature a subtle, flatter slope, while our 100 and 200 Series cutaway models incorporate our flattest slope.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Taylor Guitars products.