Tascam Series 208i USB Audio Interface
The TASCAM SERIES 208i 20-In/8-Out USB Audio/MIDI Interface provides professional quality, expandability, both internal and bundled eﬀects processing, internal mixing, external software control, and more for studio, home, and live recording.
Supreme Audio Fidelity
It all starts with the best sound: TEAC and TASCAM have more than 60 years of high grade audio design experience. TASCAM Ultra-HDDA (High Deﬁnition Discrete Ampliﬁer) mic preamp circuitry guarantees transparent natural tone with ultra-low noise. A next-generation TASCAM audio interface engine delivers high-deﬁnition, 24-bit/192 kHz recording and solid stability.
Expandable Input Capability
Easily add more input channels to accommodate future growth by using external microphone preampliﬁers with S/MUX optical inputs to record drums, guitars, keyboards, vocals, and more. SERIES 208i has two S/MUX optical ports that can accept up to 16 channels of audio input from an ADAT- or S/MUX-compatible device.
Built-in DSP Effects and Processing
A DSP input and output mixer is complemented with digital reverb, compressor, phase invert, and 4-band EQ for each channel. Having these processors included internally eliminates all latency issues and takes the load off the computer allowing the PC/Mac to process the audio more efficiently.
Control Software for Matrix Mixing, Effects Processors, and More
Free, easy-to-use TASCAM Control software manages faders, processing, and the ability to route any audio input (analog, optical, and USB) to any audio output. An efficient USB driver offers very high stability, ensuring 100% reliable performance every time.
Well-Designed Interface for Quick Production
TASCAM SERIES audio interfaces feature a large, easy-to-grab Monitor control knob that ensures you can quickly adjust the monitor output level. Their angled tabletop design offers easy access to all front-panel controls. A handy Monitor Balance control enables mixing live input with computer playback for zero-latency monitoring. Each analog input channel is served by an individually switched +48 volt phantom power supply for condenser microphones.
The SERIES 208i provides eight individual analog outputs for versatile monitoring (up to four stereo pairs of monitor speakers) and surround audio (up to 7.1) for video production. By using TASCAM Control Software you can control how the outputs are routed and internal processing assignment. Dual headphone outputs are also included.
SERIES 208i supports tablets and other mobile devices and is compatible with many applications to meet your recording needs now and in the future.
Start Making Music Immediately with Bundled Software
The SERIES 208i includes bundled world-class software. Record with Steinberg Cubase LE DAW for Windows and Mac computers and Steinberg Cubasis LE DAW for iPad. Then process your audio with IK Multimedia AmpliTube guitar/bass modeling and eﬀects software. Finish your high-quality, polished recording projects with IK Multimedia T-RackS mastering software. Both free standing and plug-in versions of AmpliTube and T-RackS are included.
- 20-In/8-Out USB Audio/MIDI Interface
- Four XLR/TRS combo mic/line/instrument inputs
- Four transparent, natural-sounding, ultra-low noise TASCAM Ultra-HDDA mic preampliﬁers
- Two optical S/MUX expansion ports that accept up to 16 channels of audio input (20 total -inputs)
- Eight ¼-inch analog line outputs for versatile monitoring and up to 7.1 surround audio
- Built-in eﬀects: reverb, compressor, four-band EQ, phase invert
- Powerful DSP input/output mixer controlled with free TASCAM Control software
- Software control of faders, routing, aux buses, effects, and phase invert
- Flexible I/O routing allows any analog, optical or USB audio input to be user-assigned to any output ports
- Up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording and playback
- Includes Steinberg DAW software and IK Multimedia AmpliTube and T-RackS world-class guitar eﬀects/modeling and mastering software; stand-alone and plug-in versions
- MIDI interface
- Word clock in/out
- Dual headphone outputs
- USB 2.0 connection and custom USB driver with high stability
- Easy-to-understand operation
- All trademarks are property of their respective owners
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Tascam products.