Tascam DR-05X Interface
The Tascam DR-05X is a compact, versatile, professional-grade digital audio recorder that scrimps on size but delivers on performance and features.
Get a closer look at the DR-05X in this video from Tascam:
Record Clean and Clear Audio -- Anywhere
The DR-05X is equipped with dual integrated professional quality condenser mics to capture high-quality, crystal clear recordings. DR-05X features omnidirectional stereo mics perfect for recording meetings, dictation, music and more.
Easy to Operate
Tascam created a totally revamped user interface, making it easy to access recording, adjusting levels, deleting takes, adding markers, and other common functions with just the click of a thumb. DR-05X now includes a new powerful bright white backlit display that's easy to see even in the brightest sunlight.
Turn Your Room Into a Studio -- In a Minute
The DR-05X taps into Tascam's decades of innovation in computer-based recording, incorporating a studio-quality 2-in/2-out USB audio interface making the DR-05X a perfect fit for live streaming, podcasting, and digital audio workstations. Built-in microphones operate as USB microphones without complicated settings.
Multi-language interface inside
Multi-language menus in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and Portuguese are included.
Dictation Mode For Easy Voice Recording and Transcription Playback
Writing down what you hear is easier said than done, but it is actually easy with DR-05X. In addition to its capability to capture crisp voice recording, DR-05X can help you with its instant Jump back function, variable Speed function and equalizer preset for human voice.
Never Miss a Take
DR-05X is equipped with Auto Recording functionality to automatically start recording when an input signal is detected, and Peak Reduction technology Tascam to guard against sudden spikes in loudness. Recording modes include Overwrite Mode, which allows users to select a precise Record drop-in time for replacement recording with one level of undo, and Nondestructive Overdubbing allows you to record new sounds onto an existing recording while leaving the original file unaffected.
Record Higher Quality for Longer
DR-05X supports studio-quality linear PCM recordings up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF format, as well as memory-friendly MP3 format. With extended battery life and increased capacity for microSDXC cards up to 128GB, DR-05X recorders can literally record for days on end.
- Portable recorder ideally suited for voice and music recording, including meetings, dictation, lectures, live performances, and more
- Stereo omnidirectional condenser microphones capture everything from the quietest detail to the loudest peaks
- Integrated 2-In/2-Out USB audio interface for PC or Mac recording, podcasting
- Overwrite function for punch-in replacement recording, with one level of Undo
- Dictation mode to instantly incrementally jump back playback including speed control and a special dictation EQ
- Multi-language menus in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and Portuguese are included
- Auto Recording function starts recording when sound level is detected
- Simple one-touch user interface with QUICK menu button for all common functions
- Extended battery life up to 17.5 hours with standard AA alkaline batteries
- The DR-05X supports a High-capacity microSDXC card for hundreds of hours of recording time
*MicroSDXC card not included*
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Tascam products.
Recording Media: microSD card (64MB to 3GB), microSDHC card (4GB to 32GB), microSDXC card (up to 128GB)
File System: FAT16/32, exFAT
Recording File Format (WAV / BWF):
Sampling Frequency:44.1k / 48k / 96k Hz
Bit-depth: 16 / 24-bit
Recording File Format (MP3):
Sampling Frequency: 44.1k / 48k Hz
Recording Bit-rate: 32k / 64k / 96k / 128k / 192k / 256k / 320k bps
Playback Bit-rate : 32k to 320k bps, VBR, ID3TAG Ver. 2.4
Number of Channels: 2-channel (Stereo) / 1-channel (Mono)
Built-in Microphone: Omnidirectional, Stereo
Playback speed control: 0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments) * 44.1k/48kHz only
Connector: 1/8" (3.5mm) Stereo Mini jack (Unbalanced, Plug-in Power)
Nominal Input Level: -20dBV
Maximum Input Level: -4dBV
Input Impedance: 18kOhms or more (PLUG IN PWR: OFF) / 2kOhms or more (PLUG IN PWR: ON)
Connector: 1/8" (3.5mm) Stereo Mini jack (Unbalanced)
Nominal Output Level (LINE connection): -14dBV (10kOhm load)
Maximum Output Level (LINE connection): +2dBV (10kOhm load)
Output Impedance (LINE connection): 12 Ohm
Maximum Output Power (Headphones connection): 20mW + 20mW (32 Ohm load)
USB connector: USB Micro B-type
USB Format: USB 2.0 High Speed
Built-in Speaker: 0.3W, Mono
Low-cut Filter: 40 / 80 / 120Hz
Chromatic Tuner: C1 to B6, A4 = 435Hz to 445Hz (in 1Hz increments)
Effector: 6 presets (Hall 1, Hall 2, Room, Studio, Plate 1, Plate 2)
Tripod attachment screw-hole: 1/4" Tripod attachment screw-hole
Power: 2 AA Batteries, USB bus power, AC 100 to 240V (optional AC Adapter)
Power Consumption: 1.7 W (Max)
Battery Operation Time (Recording):
- Alkaline (EVOLTA): approx. 17.5 hours (2ch WAV, 44.1kHz, 16-bit, using Built-in Microphone, JEITA)
- Ni-MH (eneloop): approx. 15.5 hours (2ch WAV, 44.1kHz, 16-bit, using Built-in Microphone, JEITA)
Dimensions: 2.4" × 5.55" × 1.02" / 61 × 141 × 26 mm
Weight: 4.1 oz. / 116 g
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):