Softube Console 1 Fader Control Surface
Improving the feel and workflow of the original Console 1, and making the best of hardware and software available in one place, the Softube Console 1 Fader DAW control surface allows you to raise the sound quality bar to new heights. Mixing a masterpiece isn't easy, but with Console 1 Fader there's no limit to what you can do.
Take a closer look at how to use Softube Console 1 and Console 1 Fader in our hands-on video demo:
Get a 1-minute overview of Console 1 Fader's features in this video from Softube:
Go in deep with this video walkthrough of the Softube Console 1 Fader:
Premium feel and feedback
Ten touch-sensitive 100 mm Alps motorized faders give premium professional feel and feedback, while the weighty powder-coated steel chassis means durability and substance in a sleek Scandinavian design.
Fader includes two console emulations (Tube and Discrete). Way more than a simple controller, Fader enriches the sound of your tracks in the same ways as a true analog console.
New levels of control
Riding faders is muscle memory for many mix engineers. For those of us who play the desk like an instrument, Console 1 Fader gives quick and intuitive control over volume, saturation, filtering, and much more.
A modern mixing system
The Console 1 mixing ecosystem is so much more than a simple DAW/plug-in controller. It's an efficient, elegant, and amazing-sounding modern mixing solution, combining hardware and software to give you the best of both worlds: the versatility, affordability, and usability of in-the-box mixing, alongside the workflow, feel, and focus dedicated hardware can bring.
Console 1 Fader can be used alone, or in combination with the original Console 1 channel strip controller for a tight "complete desk" experience. You can even use multiple Console 1 Fader units to build the ideal workflow for your specific studio.
Many ways to mix a masterpiece
There are many ways to mix a masterpiece, but riding faders is a matter of muscle memory for a lot of us. And for good reason -- reaching out and grabbing five or ten different sounds or groups at once, and quickly adjusting, listening, adjusting, listening, balancing -- it's a full-body discipline, and software alone can't come close.
Tapping into the same purpose-designed software environment as the original Console 1 channel strip controller, Fader brings new levels of control over the wider world of your mix. You can ride up to ten channels at once, working volume, high-and-low-cut filter values, drive and drive character (modeled desk saturation), and more. Then page up for ten more channels. And ten more, until you have easy access to your whole mix, even when tracks number into the hundreds.
Expandable with world-class sounds
Because all the audio signal processing happens in Softube's award-winning component-modeled software, you can switch out the 'circuitry' of your console instantaneously for a different desk sound across your whole project, or even channel by channel.
In addition to the two analog console sounds Fader ships with, you can purchase any of Softube's Console 1 channel strips and use those classic desk sounds with Fader.
- A 10-fader approach to Console 1, Softube's hybrid hardware/software mixing ecosystem
- High quality hardware, designed and built for both feel and function
- Take fast and intuitive control of volume, saturation, filtering, and more
- Two awesome-sounding component-modeled console emulations included
- Expand your sonic options with Console 1 expansion channel strips (sold separately)
- Layer mode: Create layers of tracks, putting many levels of mixing at your fingertips: Low cut all your guitars at once, or saturate your groups early on for a top-down effect in seconds
- Fader modes: Quickly and intuitively control track volume, drive level, drive character, input gain, low cut, high cut, and up to three send levels, all from the same high quality motorized faders
- Transport controls: The three assignable buttons work by default as basic transport controls for the major DAWs, but each can be assigned to a keycommand of your choice (e.g. CTRL+Z), for whatever use you can imagine
- Encoder: Mounted on a high-grade all-metal potentiometer, Console 1 Fader's single encoder offers control of pan per track, but also unlocks a powerful stereo spatialization tool, to widen or consolidate your individual tracks, situating each sound perfectly in your mix
- Works with all major DAWs straight out of the box -- no MIDI-mapping required
- Use alone, or in combination with the original Console 1 channel strip controller
Console 1 not included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Softube products.