sE Electronics sE7 Small-Diaphragm Mic
The sE Electronics sE7 is a high-quality back-electret small-diaphragm condenser microphone intended for a wide range of studio and live sound applications, from acoustic guitars to pianos to drums and beyond.
With an optimized acoustic design, discrete class-A circuitry and a transformerless output, it delivers clear, natural sound quality at all frequencies, without suffering from fizzy highs or a lack of low-frequency punch.
Get a closer look at the sE7 pencil condenser in this video from sE Electronics:
The discrete electronics and the switchable attenuation pad ensure a high dynamic range, with high sound pressure level (SPL) handling capability and extremely low-noise components.
The switchable low-cut filter helps eliminate rumble or footfall noise, and can also compensate for an excess of bass frequencies caused by the proximity effect. This enables the sE7 to close-mic many instruments including electric guitar speaker cabinets, brass instruments and drums.
Reliable operation even in demanding on-stage applications in difficult environments is ensured by the roadworthy all-metal design, robust construction, and high-quality manufacturing standards.
Features:- High-quality condenser capsule
- The sE7's specialized capsule is designed for natural, balanced sound quality, with an ultra-thin diaphragm for excellent transient response. Its cardioid polar pattern also makes it ideal for most studio or stage applications, delivering great sound for almost any source.
- The quietest pencil mic in its class
- With a very short signal path and state of the art electronics, the sE7 is the quietest microphone in its class. The transformer-less design ensures pristine sound quality, reproducing instruments with excellent clarity and depth.
- Switchable pre-attenuation pad
- The switchable -20dB attenuation pad prevents overloading your preamp or mixer and provides extended dynamic range, enabling close-mic techniques for even the loudest sources like brass instruments and snare drums.
- Switchable low-cut filter
- The integrated 80Hz low-cut filter helps to eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, or to compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
- All-metal housing and premium finish
- The sE7's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise, and its high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
- Gold-plated XLR connector
- The corrosion-free XLR contacts ensure a loss-free, reliable signal connection for years and years and years and...
- Standard accessories
- The sE7 comes complete with a windscreen to avoid wind noise and a robust mic clip with thread adapter to fit with any mic stand.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of sE Electronics products.
- Capsule: 1/2" back-electret condenser capsule
- Polar patterns: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 19 mV/Pa (-34.5 dBV)
- Max. SPL: (0.5% THD) 136 / 156 dBSPL (0/20 dB Attenuation pad)
- Equivalent noise level: 16 dB(A)
- Dynamic range: 120 / 140 dB (0/20 dB Attenuation pad)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 78 dB
- Low cut filter: 80 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation pad: 20 dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 1k Ohms
- Current consumption: 3.0 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions Diameter: 23 mm (0.91 in.) Length 120 mm (4.72 in.)
- Weight: 128 g (4.52 oz.)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):