Sterling Music Man JP150 John Petrucci
Put the pedal to the metal with the Sterling by Music Man John Petrucci Signature JP150 electric guitar. The JP150, based on the Ernie Ball Music Man JP15, features sleek styling, and seductively good looks with its highly figured, Quilted Maple top.
JP150 features a gorgeous Roasted Maple neck and fretboard, which not only give this guitar a striking appearance, but also an incredibly responsive feel. The Roasted Maple neck undergoes a very specialized kiln drying process which involves heating the wood to a specific temperature, or "Roasting" it, as the name implies. This removes excess moisture from the wood, which makes it stronger, more stable, lighter in weight, and, less susceptible to humidity changes. It also gives the player one of the most amazing feels in a neck. Topping the Roasted Maple neck is a 16" radius, 24 fret Roasted Maple neck with "Shield" style inlays, as well as John's signature "JP Shield" logo, which is inlaid at the first fret.
Ergonomically arranged in-line controls include a 3 position pickup selector, Volume, and Tone VR controls. Additionally, JP150 features an Active 'push-push" 12dB circuit boost on the Volume control, allowing the player ultimate soloing power at their fingertips. This Active Circuit is powered by a 9V battery that loads into an easily accessed compartment on the rear of the instrument, and requires no tools, making battery changes user friendly and quick.
Accurate intonation, smooth operation and excellent tuning stability come courtesy of the combination of Locking Tuning Machines and the Sterling By Music Man designed "Modern Tremolo." This premium, full floating tremolo system is featured on most John Petrucci Signature Series instruments, and allows for full dives, 2 step pulls, and is exceptionally responsive to flutter effects, all while maintaining accurate tuning. The Locking Tuning machines are arranged in a 4+2 manner on the angled headstock, giving positive, in line string pull over the nut. String changes are easy with a slight turn of the locking wheel mechanism located on the rear of each tuning machine. John's signature is also proudly featured on the face of the headstock.
The Sterling By Music Man JP150 is without equal in its price point, and is truly a shredders dream machine.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Sterling by Music Man products.
- Body Wood: African Mahogany
- Body Finish Neptune Blue model: Hi Gloss Polyester
- Body Finish Sahara Burst: Low Gloss Satin Polyester
- Neck Wood: Maple (SHB), Roasted Maple (NBL)
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Shape/Size: Custom JP
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood (SHB), Roasted Maple (NBL)
- Fretboard Inlay: JP Shield
- Truss Rod: Single Action, Body End Wheel Adjustment
- Frets: 24
- Fretboard Radius: 16"
- Neck Width @12th Fret: 52mm
- Nut Material: Plastic
- Nut Width: 42mm
- Scale: 25.5"
- Neck Attachment: 5 Bolt
- Tuning Machines: Locking
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Modern Tremolo
- Pickups: H/H
- Neck Pickup: Sterling by Music Man Custom Voiced Ceramic Magnet Humbucker, 4 Conductor
- Middle Pickup: n/a
- Bridge Pickup: Sterling by Music Man Custom Voiced Ceramic Magnet Humbucker, 4 Conductor
- Switching: 3 Way
- Controls: 1V w/ Active 9V Powered 12dB Push-Push Boost, 1T
- Strings (Brand, Gauges): Ernie Ball Slinky .010-.046
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Neptune Blue
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Neptune Blue, with Boss Katana 100 Combo Amp