Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX USB InterfaceHoused in a compact, road-tough metal case, the Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX is perfect for both home recording and mobile production. The rugged USB audio interface is outfitted with a pair of VS Preamps, which feature the same professional components used in Roland's high-end digital mixers. Two combo XLR/TRS inputs are provided, including a Hi-Z input for connecting a guitar or bass directly. The three-way power supply offers the ultimate in operational convenience, allowing you to power the unit from the computer's USB bus, batteries, or an optional AC adapter. Powerful and flexible, the DUO-CAPTURE EX is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and iOS*.
VS PreampsDUO-CAPTURE EX boasts two premium-grade, digitally controlled mic preamps (VS Preamps) made from the same high-grade components as the preamps found in Roland's V-STUDIO 700 and M-400 digital mixer. Two XLR/TRS combo inputs are provided for the preamps, and switchable phantom power.
Low-Noise Power SupplyOne of the DUO-CAPTURE EX's key "behind-the-scenes" features is its low-noise, wide-ranging power supply. Designed to deliver a clean, balanced input and output, it provides a reliable foundation for any professional audio application or environment. When powered by the computer's USB bus, the DUO-CAPTURE EX internally regenerates the incoming power, ensuring the ideal voltage for optimal sound quality and efficiency in mobile environments.
For Home RecordingThe DUO-CAPTURE EX is equipped with two XLR/TRS inputs (with phantom-power support for condenser microphones), plus a Hi-Z input switch for direct connection of an electric guitar or bass. The DUO-CAPTURE EX is compatible with all major computer platforms, including WDM/ASIO (Windows), Core Audio (Mac), and even iOS for the iPad.
For Mobile MusiciansPerfect for traveling musicians, the DUO-CAPTURE EX is compact and solidly housed in an aluminum case. It easily fits in a backpack, and weighs just one pound (440 grams). For the ultimate in mobile convenience, the DUO-CAPTURE EX can be powered via your computer's USB bus, three AA batteries, or an AC adapter (sold separately). Its premium preamps and low-noise design enable pro-quality results anywhere you record, indoors or out.
For iPadTurn your iPad into a professional recording device by connecting it to the DUO-CAPTURE EX*. Record vocals, guitar, keyboard, or other instruments with superb quality through the DUO-CAPTURE EX into the iPad using your favorite iOS apps. Additionally, the DUO-CAPTURE EX can function as a USB-MIDI interface to control iOS apps with electronic instruments such as MIDI keyboards, V-Drums, etc.
Features:- Two VS Preamps with phantom-power support
- Compatible with PC, Mac, and iPad*
- Low-noise three-way power supply; runs on USB bus power, three AA-size batteries, or AC adapter
- Road-tough, compact aluminum case
- Hi-Z input for electric guitar or bass
- MIDI input and output
- Bundled with SONAR LE music-production software for Windows
- *Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit is required for use with the iPad; must be powered by batteries or AC adapter when used with the iPad.
*Connect the DUO-CAPTURE EX to your iPad via Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit. Batteries or AC power is required when using the DUO-CAPTURE EX with an iPad. You cannot charge your iPad using the DUO-CAPTURE EX.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Roland products.
- Accessories Included: Owner's Manual Read Me First License Agreement DUO-CAPTURE EX Driver CD-ROM Cakewalk SONAR LE DVD-ROM (for Windows) USB cable Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 3
- Options (sold separately): AC adaptor (PSB-1U) * When purchasing an AC adaptor, be sure to specify the adaptor (from the list that follows) that is designed for the region in which it will be used, and the voltage supplied there. (PSB-120/PSB-230EU/PSB-230UK/PSB-240A) (sets containing PSB-1U and power cord)
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700