Roland SPD-SX Special Edition Red
The Roland SPD-SX Special Edition Red Sampling Drum Pad puts powerful sample creation and playback under your sticks with innovative audio-capturing features, expressive playability, three multi-effects engines, and much more. The perfect addition to any acoustic or electronic drum kit, percussion setup, DJ booth, or keyboard rig, the SPD-SX is equally at home on the live stage, in the recording studio, pre-production suite, or dance club. Since the original SPD-SX's introduction, it has become the de facto industry standard used by musicians and producers in every musical style. Whether you're firing off one-shot samples, looped phrases, or complete audio playback tracks, the SPD-SX-SE is loaded with technology and tools to get the job done with speed, precision, and convenience. Enjoy the most advanced triggering and sampling technology in a sleek, easy-to-use percussion instrument. The SPD-SX-SE augments the standard SPD-SX with a striking metallic red case, red accented function knobs, and a greatly expanded internal sampling memory.
The Playing Field
The SPD-SX-SE is equipped with nine highly sensitive rubber pads with two independent real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons. Roland's most advanced triggering technology ensures the ultimate in accuracy and fully dynamic performance, while a large backlit LCD provides easy-to-read data in all varieties of environments. Each pad has a companion LED that illuminates to show the pad's status. When you trigger sample phrases, the LEDs remain lit to show you which pads are in play and which are not. In addition, the LEDs change illumination strength according to audio-level activity (similar to level meters on a mixing board). The high-contrast red divider lines help you see the pad zones clearly onstage.
Improved Playability and Functionality
Today, increasing numbers of drummers and percussionists need to incorporate audio samples into their performance. The SPD-SX-SE will satisfy their increasing requirements with essential features such as individual click output routing, dedicated volume controls, Pad Check function, individual Sub Out, and more.
The SPD-SX-SE has three multi-effects units onboard: one master unit and two units that are assignable per kit. The master effects engine lets you perform in real time like a DJ using the dedicated front-panel controls. Get your hands on the filter, delay, short looper, and user-assignable effect all of which can be creatively adjusted with the four front-panel buttons and two control knobs.
There's much more to the SPD-SX-SE than meets the eye. A powerful-yet-friendly lineup of features has been built into this little powerhouse, such as Multi-Pad Sampling. While audio streams in from an external audio player or computer (via Audio In or USB), simply strike each pad at the appropriate start/end points, and the sample will be automatically truncated and assigned to that pad. It's a fast, friendly way to create multi-sampled phrases and pad maps.
- Unique sampling-pad concept -- the only instrument of its kind in the world
- Red Metallic finish with red accented function knobs
- 16 GB internal memory, enabling approximately 3000 minutes (50 Hours) of sampling (mono) without requiring external memory
- Nine velocity-sensitive rubber pads, two external dual-trigger inputs
- Easy capturing and assignment of audio data through Multi-Pad Sampling
- Three units of multi-effects onboard, with two real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons
- Individual Pad Dynamics indicators show pad status and audio-level activity during performance
- Expanded USB functionality (USB Mass Storage, USB MIDI/AUDIO, USB Memory)
- Wave Manager software included for easily importing, assigning, and organizing samples
- Large backlit LCD
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Roland products.
- Built-in Pads: 9 (with LED Indicators) * Two external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect up to four Pads.
- Maximum Polyphony: 20 voices * Maximum polyphony becomes 16 voices according as an operating state.
- Sampling Time: (Total time for all wave data) Approx. 1,500 min. in stereo (3,000 min. in mono) * Since the internal memory included with the SPD-SX contains preload data, the available sampling time will be less than the time above.
- Data Format: 16-bit linear PCM (WAV/AIFF)
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Kits: 100
- Kit Chain: 8 chains (20 steps per chain)
- Effects: Master Effects (21 Types)
- Equalizer: Kit Effect 1 (20 Types) Kit Effect 2 (20 Types)
- Display: Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB (USB-MIDI, USB-AUDIO, USB Mass Storage Class, USB Flash Drive)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC Adaptor)
- Current Draw: 600 mA Connectors:
- Phones jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
- Master Out jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- SUB OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- AUDIO IN jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type) (with LINE-MIC GAIN control)
- TRIG IN jacks (1/2, 3/4) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- FOOT SW jack (1/2) (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- DC IN jack
- COMPUTER connector
- USB MEMORY connectorAccessories:
- CD-ROM (SPD-SX Wave Manager, USB driver, preload wave data)
- Owner's Manual
- AC AdaptorOptions (sold separately):
- Pads (PD series, PDX series, BT-1)
- Cymbals (CY series)
- Kick Triggers and Trigger Pedals (KD series, KT series)
- Pad Stand (PDS-10)
- All-Purpose Clamp (APC-33)
- Acoustic Drum Trigger (RT-30H, RT-30HR, RT-30K)
- Pedal Switch (DP-2)
- Footswitch (BOSS FS-5U, BOSS FS-6)
- Personal Drum Monitor (PM-10)
- USB Flash Memory (Use USB Flash Memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used) Dimensions:
- Width: 364 mm; 14-3/8"
- Depth: 331 mm; 13-1/16"
- Height: 94 mm; 3-3/4"
- Weight: 2.5 kg; 5 lbs. 9 oz.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- with Roland PDS10 Pad Stand
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700