Integrate Samples into Your Live Drum Kit
If you want a simple way to incorporate electronic drums into your acoustic kit, look no further than the Roland SPD-SX. This sampling drum pad provides easy sample creation and playback tools, along with cool effects, expressive playability, lots of internal memory, USB functionality, included software for managing your samples, and much more. Tap it with your fingers or hit it with drumsticks -- do whatever feels natural. You'll like having the drum pad as part of your DJ booth, keyboard rig, percussion setup, or your existing drum kit -- be it acoustic or electronic. Whether you intend to trigger samples, loops, or complete backing tracks in the studio or on stage, Roland's SPD-SX is there to lend a helping hand.
Hands-On Control Meets Advanced Triggering and Sampling Technology
Giving you hands-on control of your one-shots, loops, and backing tracks, the SPD-SX sports nine rubber pads, two independent real-time control knobs, and four dedicated effect buttons, plus a large backlit LCD to view settings and programs in any lighting condition. You'll always know what's up with the pads -- when you trigger sample phrases, each pad's companion LED lights up to show when the pads are in play. Like level meters on a mixing board, the LEDs change illumination strength according to audio-level activity; on stage or off, the high-contrast red divider lines help you see the pad zones clearly.
Highly Playable and Functional
With this sampling drum pad, it's easy to incorporate audio samples into your performance. The SPD-SX offers individual click output routing, dedicated volume controls, Pad Check function, individual Sub Out, and other must-have features for drummers and percussionists alike.
Master Effects Engine Onboard
Built-in effects let you tweak your samples in real-time. Roland's SPD-SX has three multi-effects units: one master unit and two units that are assignable per kit. Four front-panel buttons and two control knobs let you adjust the filter, delay, short looper, and user-assignable effect in real time, for a dynamic, creative performance.
Easy Multi-Pad Sampling
The drum pad also lets you create multisampled phrases and pad maps on the fly. While audio streams in from an external audio player or computer (via 1/4" analog stereo inputs or USB), just strike each pad at the appropriate start or end points and the sample will be automatically truncated and assigned to that pad.
Storage for Your Sample Collection
You can store and carry your entire sample library in the SPD-SX, since the sampling drum pad has an impressive 2 GB of internal memory. That's enough space to house approximately 360 minutes of audio or 10,000 files at 44.1 kHz/16-bit mono. When you want to add more samples to the set, use the SPD-SX's built-in USB ports to import audio files from USB flash memory.
Manage Your Audio Files with SPD-SX Wave Manager Software
The included SPD-SX Wave Manager software app also lets you import audio files directly from computer via USB, assign the samples to each pad, and organize the samples to suit your setup.
Get an overview of the Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad:
- Performance-oriented sampling drum pad with built-in effects
- 2 GB internal memory lets you store about 360 minutes of samples (mono) or 10,000 files without requiring external memory
- 9 Velocity-sensitive rubber pads and 2 external dual-trigger inputs
- Multi-pad sampling enables you to capture and assign audio data quickly
- 3 Multi-effects units, 2 control knobs, and 4 dedicated effect buttons for real-time tweaking
- Individual pad LEDs show pad status and audio-level activity during performance
- Expanded USB functionality for importing audio files
- Wave Manager software included for easily importing, assigning, and organizing of samples
- Large backlit LCD lets you view data in any lighting condition
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Roland products.
- Built-in Pads: 9 (with LED Indicators) * Two external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect up to four Pads
- Maximum Polyphony: 20 voices * Maximum polyphony becomes 16 voices according as an operating state
- Recordable Wave Data: 10,000 * Including preload wave data
- Sampling Time (Total time for all wave data): Approx. 180 min. in stereo (360 min. in mono) * Since the internal memory included with the SPD-SX contains preload data, the available sampling time will be less than the time above
- Data Format: 16-bit linear PCM (WAV / AIFF)
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Kits: 100Effects (21 types):
- Kit Effect 1 (20 types)
- Kit Effect 2 (20 types)
- Display: 128 x 64 dots graphic type LCD (Backlit LCD)
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB (USB-MIDI, USB-AUDIO, USB Mass Storage Class, USB Flash Drive)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC Adaptor)
- Current Draw: 600 mA
- Dimensions(W x D x H): 14-5/16" x 13-1/16" x 3-3/4"
- Weight: 5 lbs 9 oz (excluding AC Adaptor)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- with Roland SPDSX Pack
- with Multi-Surface Trigger Kit
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Roland SPD-SX Sampling Drum Pad
The Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad puts powerful sample creation and playback under your sticks with innovative audio-capturing features, expressive playability, three multi-effects engines, and much more. The perfect addition to any acoustic or electronic drum kit, percussion setup, DJ booth, or keyboard rig, the SPD-SX is equally at home on the live stage, in the recording studio, pre-production suite, or dance club. The Roland SPD-SX takes many of the proven concepts from its predecessor and raises them to a higher level. Whether you're firing off one-shot samples, looped phrases, or complete audio playback tracks, the Roland SPD-SX is loaded with recemt technology and tools to get the job done with speed, precision, and convenience. Enjoy the most advanced triggering and sampling technology in a sleek, easy-to-use percussion instrument.
- Unique sampling-pad concept -- the only instrument of its kind in the world
- 2 GB internal memory, enabling approximately 360 minutes of sampling (mono) without requiring external memory
- Nine velocity-sensitive rubber pads, two external dual-trigger inputs
- Easy capturing and assignment of audio data through Multi-Pad Sampling
- Three units of multi-effects onboard, with two real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons
- Individual Pad Dynamics indicators show pad status and audio-level activity during performance
- Expanded USB functionality (USB Mass Storage, USB MIDI/AUDIO, USB Memory)
- Wave Manager software included for easily importing, assigning, and organizing samples
- Large backlit LCD
The Playing Field
The Roland SPD-SX is equipped with nine highly sensitive rubber pads with two independent real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons. Roland's most advanced triggering technology ensures the ultimate in accuracy and fully dynamic performance, while a large backlit LCD provides easy-to-read data in all varieties of environments. Each pad has a companion LED that illuminates to show the pad's status. When you trigger sample phrases, the LEDs remain lit to show you which pads are in play and which are not. In addition, the LEDs change illumination strength according to audio-level activity (similar to level meters on a mixing board). The high-contrast red divider lines help you see the pad zones clearly onstage.
Improved Playability and FunctionalityToday, increasing numbers of drummers and percussionists need to incorporate audio samples into their performance. The Roland SPD-SX will satisfy their increasing requirements with essential features such as individual click output routing, dedicated volume controls, Pad Check function, individual Sub Out, and more.
Onboard EffectsThe Roland SPD-SX has three multi-effects units onboard: one master unit and two units that are assignable per kit. The master effects engine lets you perform in real time like a DJ using the dedicated front-panel controls. Get your hands on the filter, delay, short looper, and user-assignable effect -- all of which can be creatively adjusted with the four front-panel buttons and two control knobs.
Multi-Pad SamplingThere's much more to the Roland SPD-SX than meets the eye. A powerful-yet-friendly lineup of features has been built into this little powerhouse, such as Multi-Pad Sampling. While audio streams in from an external audio player or computer (via Audio In or USB), simply strike each pad at the appropriate start/end points, and the sample will be automatically truncated and assigned to that pad. It's a fast, friendly way to create multi-sampled phrases and pad maps.
SPD-SX Wave Manager Software IncludedThe Roland SPD-SX's generous internal memory (2 GB) lets you store and carry your entire sample library inside. With no external memory required, you can house approximately 360 minutes of audio (10,000 files) at 16-bit, 44.1 kHz, mono. The built-in USB ports let you directly import audio files from USB flash memory. The bundled SPD-SX Wave Manager software app lets you import audio files directly from computer via USB, assign the samples to each pad, and organize the thousands of samples efficiently.