Roland AIRA MX-1 Performance MixerThe Roland MX-1 Mix Performer brings together your synths, drum machines, loops, DAW tracks, and more into a single performance-optimized mixing instrument. Combining elements of a mixer, control surface, audio interface, and step-based effector, the MX-1 is designed to be the nerve center of your electronic music rig. It's a mixer you can play - and so much more.
Mix it upWith six analog inputs, four AIRA Link USB ports, digital I/O, send and return jacks, and the ability to stream 18 channels to and from your DAW, the MX-1 brings together a wide range of musical sources and puts them directly under your fingertips. But this is no ordinary mixer.
The smooth, solid faders each have six different volume curves available. Every channel has an adjustable Tone/Filter knob with ten types of filters, EQs, and isolators. Mutes are placed for quick access, working with the LED-lit faders to clearly show their status, even in dark environments.
The DJ-style headphone cue monitoring lets you smoothly mix in any source whenever you're ready, or drop in tracks right on the beat. Separate headphone and master volume knobs along with smooth and bright metering keep levels firmly in check. And everything, including all the FX configurations and settings, can be saved and recalled for instant access.
There's no question that effects play a huge role in creating a unique vibe and defining your sound. And the MX-1 integrates effects in exciting new ways. Not only do the MX-1's effects sound great, they're designed for ready manipulation and rhythmic sensibility, thanks to the MX-1's tempo awareness and the TR-style step interface.
In addition to an aux send for feeding external effects, each channel has its own Beat FX including Filter, Side Chain, and Slicer. These are applied using 16 TR-style step sequencer buttons like those found on famous Roland drum machines. This lets you independently filter, duck, and slice each channel, creating cool rhythmic variations, polyrhythms, and all manner of intricate grooves. Beat FX can be instantly switched on and off per channel with dedicated, illuminated buttons.
Six kinds of Master FX, each with lots of variations, add spice and drama to any or all channels. And the large control knob gives them supreme playability. The Master FX can even be step-sequenced in various combinations, creating stunning movement and glitchy interludes that must be heard to be fully appreciated.
Computers already play a big role in production, and they increasingly play a role in performance. But they don't always integrate so well with other live instruments, and require their own audio interface and controller. The MX-1 addresses these problems through its ability to operate in any one of three different modes.
Features:- 18 channel performance mixer with step-sequenced FX, transport, and tempo control
- Three kinds of step-sequenced Beat FX (Filter, Side Chain, Slicer) with TR-style buttons
- Six kinds of Master FX (48 variations) with large performance control knob
- Beat FX and Master FX can be applied to any or all inputs; Beat FX are per channel
- -Combi mode rhythmically alternates the Master FX using the step-sequencer
- Four AIRA Link USB ports support audio, MIDI, sync, and bus power (on Port 3) for AIRA gear
- Mix mode provides six analog, one digital (stereo), four AIRA (stereo) , and two PC channels through mixer and FX
- External mode provides 18 channels from DAW through mixer and FX (all inputs direct to DAW)
- Control Surface mode for full DAW control via MIDI
- DJ-style cue monitoring, quick mutes, and six fader curves per channel
- Per-channel Tone/Filter knob with ten kinds of EQs, filters, and isolators
- Transport and tempo control with fine, shuffle, and tap-tempo functions
- Instantly save and recall complete setups including all FX configurations
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Roland products.
- Tempo: 40 - 300
- Scene Memory: 16 x 4 (Bank A, B)
- Beat FX: 5 Filter types, 5 side chain types, 5 slicer types
- Master FX: 8 types of delay, 8 filter types, 8 scatter types, 8 flanger types, 8 bit crush types, 8 roll types
- Mastering: 10 types
- Number of USB Audio Max Input/Output Channels: 18 input channels, 18 output channels
- Sampling Frequency: 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Signal Processing: PC interface: 24 bits; AD/DA conversion: 24 bits
- Sampling Frequency: AD/DA conversion: 96, 48, 44.1 kHz / DIGITAL (IN, OUT): 96, 48, 44.1 kHz
- Nominal Input Level (variable): Input 1--4: -26--+4 dBu / Input 5/6: -26--+4 dBu
- Nominal Output Level: MIX OUT: +4 dBu
- Head Room: 18 dB
- Input Impedance: Input 1--4: 100 k ohms / Input 5/6: 100 k ohms
- Output Impedance: MIX OUT: 1 k ohm / PHONES: 24 ohms
- Frequency Response: 96.0 kHz: 20 Hz--40 kHz (+0/-2 dB) / 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz--22 kHz (+0/-2 dB) / 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz--20 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- Dynamic Range: AD block INPUT 1--4: 100 dB typ. / AD block INPUT 5/6: 100 dB typ. / DA block MIX OUT: 108 dB typ.
- PHONES Jack: 1/4-inch stereo phone type
- MIX OUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type (unbalance)-INPUT 1--4 (L/MONO, R/MONO) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type (unbalance)
- INPUT 5/6 jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- AUX RETURN (L, R) jacks: RCA phono type
- AUX SEND (L, R) jacks: RCA phono type
- USB FUNCTION Port: USB type B (Audio, Midi)
- USB HOST 1--4 ports: USB type A (Audio, Midi, for only TB-3/VT-3/TR-8/SYSTEM-1)
- Additional Power: USB HOST 3 port can supply USB Bus power
- COAXIAL IN/OUT jack: Yes
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors: Yes
- DC IN jack: Yes
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB, MIDI IN/OUT
- Digital input, output: Coaxial type (conforms to IEC60958)
- Power Supply: AC adaptor
- Current Draw: 1.7 A
- Dimensions: ( W x D x H) 15 3/4 x 10 7/16 x 2 9/16 inches; 400 x 264 x 64 mm
- Weight: 4 lbs / 1.81 kg
- Accessories Included: Owner's manual, Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY," AC adaptor, Ableton Live Lite, Serial Number Card
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700