Rode NT-1 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
RODE's design engineers approached the NT1 as a marriage of innovation and tradition, starting with the capsule which has a fresh design. Codenamed the HF6, it is the perfect example of RODE's fusion of artistic design approaches and cutting-edge manufacturing techniques, and features a sound signature reminiscent of the famous microphones of old while at the same time exhibiting extremely low noise. It has been developed with a focus on detailed midrange response, coupled with silky smooth high frequencies, and warm, round, bass reproduction to make the NT1 an absolute standout in its class.
In another world-first for RODE, the transducer itself is suspended inside the microphone using Rycote's industry-leading Lyre system, minimizing external vibrations at the capsule level. The capsule is then married to high-grade electronics that have been designed to provide the lowest noise level of any studio microphone available. The NT1 is an incredibly quiet microphone, measuring only 4.5dBA of self-noise.
Its body is machined from 6061 aluminium and then nickel plated for resistance against corrosion. Finally it is coated in a durable, military-grade ceramic layer, using advanced electrostatic application techniques developed by RODE to ensure an extremely hard wearing finish that is resistant to scratches or marks.
The NT1 is supplied with the revolutionary RODE SMR shock mount. Featuring a unique double-Lyre suspension system, the SMR enhances the existing superior vibration cancellation of Rycote's Lyre system by using a smaller inner Lyre to act as a tension-ing element. This maintains each Lyre in the neutral position where it is most efficient at cancelling vibration. The SMR's removable all-metal pop filter is as effective as it is visually striking, providing an integrated solution for plosive protection that is easily washable and designed to last as long as the shock mount and microphone.
Get an overview of the Rode NT1 KIT Fixed Cardioid Condenser Microphone in this video demo:
- Large capsule (1") with gold-plated membrane
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Internal Rycote Lyre based capsule shock mounting system
- Ultra-low noise transformerless circuitry
- State-of-the-art surface mount electronics
- Heavy-duty matte black finish
- Gold plated output connectors
- Designed & manufactured in Australia
- SMR shock mount (NT1-KIT)
zZounds is an authorized dealer of RODE products.
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
- Equivalent Noise: 4.5 dBA SPL (as per IEC651)
- Maximum Output: +8 dBu (1kHz, 1% THD into 1K Ohm load)
- Sensitivity: -29 dB re 1V/Pa (35mV @ 94dB SPL) +/- 2dB @ 1kHz
- Dynamic Range: 128 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 132 dB SPL
- Signal / Noise: 90 dBA SPL (as per IEC651)
- Power Requirements: 24V phantom power, 48V phantom power
- Output Connection: 3 Pin XLR
- Balanced output: between pin 2 (+), pin 3 (-) and pin 1 (ground)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- with Shockmount
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- with Rode Ai1 USB Audio Interface
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
NT1 AI1 Bundle