Great Things Come in Pairs -- Like Rode's M5 Pencil Condenser Mics
Every recording rig needs a pair of pencil condensers with a nice, neutral response -- and the Rode M5-MP matched pair of Rode M5 cardioid small-diaphragm condenser microphones is up to the task! Whether you're hanging them over a drum kit, inside a grand piano, or in front of a choir, these babies are extremely versatile in the studio and on the stage. Featuring 1/2" capsules, a frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz, maximum SPL handling of 140 dB, and durable ceramic coated bodies, this matched pair lays a hefty load of sonic possibilities at your feet. Two WS5 windshields and two RM5 stand mounts are also included. Set these two baddies up and let your tracking begin.
The Rode M5 Mic -- Based on the Popular Rode NT5
Rode microphones are known for spotless audio capture and stellar bang-for-your-buck. In fact, Rode's commitment to high-performing condenser microphones has led their NT2-A to be described as the "World's Best Studio Microphone" at Frankfurt's esteemed Musikmesse tradeshow. While the Rode M5 mics found in this pair may not be a household name, they're based on the well-known Rode NT5 microphone. With this pair, you're getting the Rode name for a great price.
High Maximum SPL and Cardioid Polar Pattern
This pair of microphones can take in a hefty dousing of decibels -- boasting a maximum SPL of 140 dB, they can certainly handle tracking drums without any distortion kicking in. Go ahead and put one on the hi-hat. The cardioid polar pattern on these two microphones allows for directional recording. Set them up in an X/Y or ORTF pattern on all sorts of instruments or ensembles.
Wide Frequency Response For Versatile Applications
These two condensers capture a full frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz. This keeps the door wide open for a virtually unlimited list of applications. Aside from being used as drum overheards, these babies work well for group vocals, guitars, hi-hats, wind instruments, string instruments, percussion, and a whole host of other options as well.
Lightweight and Durable
These small wonders are super-lightweight, at only .17 pounds. They're built with cool-looking and durable ceramic-coated bodies that hold up well to the test of time. Your two microphones come with two WS5 windshields and two RM5 stand mounts to get you going on your first recording session in no time.
- Two cardioid small diaphragm condenser microphones
- 1/2" capsules
- JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Out impedance of 200 ohms
- Maximum SPL of 140 dB
- Super lightweight at only .17 pounds
- Durable ceramic coated bodies
- XLR out
- Two WS5 windshields included
- Two RM5 stand mounts included
See how much sound you can capture with these two incredibly versatile, dependable Rode M5 condenser microphones.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of RODE products.
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance 200: OHM
- Maximum SPL: 140dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K OHM load)
- Maximum Output Level: 13.5dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K OHM load)
- Sensitivity: -34.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (10.46mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) : 19dB-A
- Power Options: +48V phantom power+24V phantom power
- Weight: 80.00gm
- Dimensions: 100.00mmH x 20.00mmW x 20.00mmD
- Output: XLR Output
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):