Big-Console Functionality in a Laptop-Sized Touchscreen Mixer
The QSC TouchMix Series offers musicians, production professionals and live performance venues the power and capability of a large format console in a highly portable, fully integrated, affordable and easy to use product.
Just as digital cameras offer advanced features to meet the needs of highly skilled professional photographers with "point and shoot" features to assist novice users in achieving optimum results, the TouchMix-8 (14 input channels) and TouchMix-16 (22 input channels) provide the user a choice of Advanced Mode operation that offers total control over all parameters or Simple Mode that provides only the most essential controls.
See what our Battle of the Bands winners Creature Camp were able to do with the TouchMix:
TouchMix Series "no asterisk" specifications include 4-band, fully parametric EQ with both variable hi-and lo-pass filters, as well as comprehensive dynamics processing on each input channel. Four mix busses feed four internal, professional, digital effects processors. Comprehensive dynamics, graphic EQ, hi- pass, lo-pass and notch filters and delay are available on both the main and aux outputs and there are 8 DCA groups with mutes as well as 8 mute groups. With four (TouchMix-8) or ten (TouchMix-16) auxiliary output channels, TouchMix also has ample stage monitor mixing capability. Both models have the ability to drive multiple, wired stereo in-ear monitors directly.
Fast, Professional Results
TouchMix features a comprehensive library of Channel Presets, created specifically for the unique requirements of live sound reinforcement. Designed by veteran live sound engineers utilizing all types of instruments, popular microphones and pickups as well as multiple types of speakers systems, these presets help the user achieve great results quickly. The mixers' onboard Effects Wizard guides the user through the selection and assignment of appropriate effects while the Gain Wizard continuously monitors and displays input clipping. TouchMix also comes with a comprehensive library of complete Mixer Scenes, and all user parameters of any mix can be saved, both internally and via USB drive.
QSC's Product Manager discusses how the TouchMix's presets let you easily dial in quality sound:
Compact and Complete
The TouchMix Series models are completely self-contained and require no external PC or video display. The graphic, color touch-screen provides access to all mix parameters along with a physical rotary encoder and hardware buttons. The available Remote Control App for iOS devices controls all mixer parameters and the included USB Wi-Fi adapter creates the network connection between the mixer and the hand-held device. No external network hardware is required. The mixer is also capable of direct recording to an external USB hard drive in 32-bit broadcast wave format. Tracks can be played back on the mixer or imported into most DAW software for over-dubs and post-production. TouchMix Models also come complete with their own padded carrying case, for transport and protection.
TouchMix DAW Now Available
The TouchMix DAW Utility is available for free download from the QSC website!
Learn why the TouchMix is essential to QSC's mission:
The TouchMix DAW Utility is a software application for TouchMix owners who also use DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) software for music recording and production. It enables and simplifies two-way migration of digital audio wave files between TouchMix and DAW software. The TouchMix DAW Utility runs on Windows and Apple computers.
Further information, installation instructions, along with downloadable zip file with included User Guide can be found at QSC's website.
Learn your way around the TouchMix with help from this video:
- 14 Full Function Inputs: 4 Mic, 4 Mic/Line (XLR/TRS Combo), 2 Stereo line (TRS), USB 2-track
- Outputs: 4 Aux (XLR), 1 Stereo (TRS), Main R/L (XLR), Cue/Monitor (TRS)
- TRS Aux outs drive wired In Ear Monitors (IEM) directly.
- 4-band full parametric EQ, variable high-pass and low-pass filters on all input channels.
- Gate and compressor on all input channels.
- 4 professional quality stereo DSP effects plus a pitch corrector.
- 1/3 octave graphic equalization, limiters, delay and notch filters on main and aux. outputs.
- 8 DCA and 8 Mute groups.
- Color, capacitive touch screen graphical user interface combined with hardware controls for fast and intuitive operation.
- Wizards, info and preset libraries assist the user with channel setup, effects selection and more.
- Direct to hard-drive recording and playback of multi-track wave files. Capable of recording all input channels plus a user-selected stereo output pair.
- Remote control via mobile devices. Wi-Fi interface included.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of QSC products.
Display: 6.1" x 3.5" (156mm x 90mm) color TFT, touch sensing
Inputs (Mic/Line): 14 Total
- 4 XLR/TRS combi
- 4 XLR
- 2 Stereo, 1/4" TRS
- No talkback input
- 2 Main, XLR, Line
- 4 Aux XLR, Line
- 1 Stereo Aux. TRS, (Line or In Ear Monitor, 16 Ohm min. impedance)
- 1 Stereo Monitor, TRS, (Line or headphone, 16 Ohm min. impedance)
- 1 Stereo Cue, TRS, (Line or headphone, 16 Ohm min. impedance)
Mic & Line Input Channel Processing: 4-band, parametric EQ with Hi/Low shelving option, variable 24db/octave HPF & LPF, Gate, Compressor
2-Track (USB) & FX Return Processing: 2-band shelving EQ, variable 24db/octave HPF, Gate, Compressor
Output Channel Processing: Main outputs and auxes 1 - 6: 1/3 octave GEQ, Variable HPF and LPF, 4-band variable notch filters,
Limiter Auxes 7/8 & 9/10 (TM-16 only): 4-band PEQ, Limiter
- Recording: 14 tracks, requires USB 3.0 HD, minimum 7800 RPM
- Groups: 8 DCA groups (with mutes), 8 Mute groups
- Cue: Input cue priority, AFL, PFL, Solo In Place
- Effects: 4 professional effects engines including reverb, echo, delay, chorus. 50 factory, 50 user presets
- 1 Pitch Correct (assignable to any mono input channel)
- Preset Memory:
- Mixer Preset: Factory & User mixer presets including all mixer parameters may be stored internally or loaded to / from USB
- Channel Preset: User channel presets may be stored internally or loaded to / from USB
- External Control: iOS mixer app for iPad, control via Wi-Fi provides access to all mixer functions
- Wi-Fi USB: Wi-Fi adapter included
- Dimensions (H x W x D) : 3.1" x 13.1" x 9.8" (79 mm x 333 mm x 250 mm)
- Weight: 4.3 lb (1.95 kg)
- Line Voltage Requirements: 100 VAC - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- Sampling Frequency: Selectable 44.1kHz or 48kHz
- Internal Processing: 32-bit floating point
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/-0.5 dB, any input to any output
- Dynamic Range: 105dB
- Equivalent Input Noise: -126dBu
- Residual Output Noise: -86dBu
- Crosstalk: -80dB
- S/N Ratio: -94dB
- Maximum Input Level: +16dB (Mic inputs), +22dB (Line inputs)
- Phantom Power: 48V, individually switchable per channel
- Included Accessories: USB WiFI adapter, Soft Carrying Case, Power Supply
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Scratch and Dent, USED
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Blemished, USED
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):