PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 Audio Interface
A great choice for mobile musicians and podcasters, the 2-channel PreSonus AudioBox 96 USB Digital Audio Interface is bus-powered, compact, ruggedly built, and works with virtually any PC or Mac recording software. It boasts high-performance Class A mic preamplifiers and professional-quality, 24-bit, 96 kHz converters. And it comes with PreSonus' amazing Studio One Artist DAW software for Mac and Windows.
Just the right size.
The AudioBox USB 96's two front-panel combo mic/instrument inputs make it ideal for singer/songwriters, podcasters, and guitar or guitar-bass collaborations. Simply connect a couple of mics and you have an easy-to-use stereo recording system. A mix control lets you control the level between the input signal and computer playback, without hearing annoying delays. You also get a pair of balanced line-level outputs, an ultra-loud, crystal-clear headphone out, plus MIDI I/O, so you can connect your favorite synth or MIDI controller. The result is a simple, affordable, mobile recording solution.
Roadworthy and ready to travel.
Here is a mobile interface in the best sense of the term. We gave the AudioBox USB 96 a heavy-duty steel chassis so it can take a serious pounding and remain completely reliable. Its screaming-loud headphone output ensures you can hear your music loud and clear, even in noisy locations. And it's USB 2.0 bus-powered, so you can record with it anywhere you can use a laptop. Simply drop it in your laptop bag or slap it on a tabletop.
Built for the studio and the road.
Whether you're just getting into recording or are a veteran producer who wants to go mobile, the AudioBox USB 96 will give you great sound in a bus-powered, rugged chassis that's ready to hit the road when you are. The perfect companion for any recording software, the AudioBox USB 96 comes equipped with Studio One Artist to provide you with a complete recording solution right out of the box.
Check out how durable the AudioBox USB 96 is in this video from PreSonus:
- Bus-powered USB 2.0 audio and MIDI interface
- Compatible with almost all recording software for Mac and Windows
- 24-bit resolution, 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rates
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs with high-performance, low-noise, high-headroom mic preamplifiers
- 48V phantom power
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal analog mixer
- Headphone jack with level control
- Includes Studio One Artist DAW software and 6+ GB of third-party resources
- 1/3U rack-mountable
This PreSonus product comes with the Studio Magic plug-in bundle -- free!
See how to install your Studio Magic plug-ins in this video:
Includes Studio Magic Plug-in Suite: Over $1000 in Free Software!
With over $1000 of virtual instruments, effects plug-ins and more, PreSonus' Studio Magic plug-in suite offers something for everyone -- and it's included as a free download with this product. Here's a look at everything included in this bundle:
Ableton Live Lite (a standalone DAW)
is a lightweight edition of Ableton Live, with essential instruments and effects. (PreSonus also throws in their Studio One Artist software as a free download, so if you're in need of modern DAW software, you've got two solid choices right off the bat.)
Arturia's Analog Lab Lite 3 (VST, VST3, AAX, AU, Standalone)
is a "Greatest Hits" collection of physically modeled — not sampled — classic analog synths, organs, string machines, and pianos from Arturia's V-Collection of virtual instruments.
Brainworx bx_opto compressor (VST, VST3, AU, AAX Native, AAX DSP)
combines the best aspects and anomalies from several legendary, light-dependent compressor circuits. The result is a powerful dynamics processor, teeming with character and delivering sounds that can't be achieved with analog optical compressors.
Brainworx bx_rockrack V3 guitar amp modeling plug-in (VST, VST3, AU, AAX Native, AAX DSP)
provides boutique tube guitar amp simulations that sound and feel like the real thing, with 8 famous amp models and 40 impulse responses in one plug-in.
Cherry Audio Voltage Modular Nucleus (VST, AU, AAX)
is a terrific introduction to modular synthesis with 22 modules and 67 presets.
iZotope Neutron Elements (VST, VST3, AAX, AU, Standalone)
features futuristic, assistive technology and four fantastic-sounding audio processors: Compressor, EQ, Exciter, and Transient Shaper. Like having a virtual assistant, Neutron Elements will listen to your audio, identify instruments, and offer custom starting points for your mix decisions while leaving the creative control to you.
Klanghelm SDRR2tube (VST, AU, AAX)
can be a saturation processor, a compressor, an EQ, a bit-crusher, or a subtle stereo widener to add warmth, depth, and character to your tracks.
KV331 Audio Synthmaster Player (VST, AU, AAX)
is a simplified version of the developer's SynthMaster semi-modular software synthesizer and effects plug-in, with limited editing capabilities. It comes with 1,800 factory presets from a world-class team of sound designers and offers 12 editable parameters.
Lexicon's MPX-i Reverb (VST, AU, AAX)
delivers seven classic Lexicon plate, hall, chamber, and room reverbs. A streamlined interface and 100 versatile, finely crafted presets enable you to quickly get the sound you want.
Mäag Audio EQ2 (VST, VST3, AU, AAX Native, AAX DSP)
delivers the sound of the Mäag Audio EQ2 two-band hardware equalizer. Mäag Audio's EQ design allows for exceptionally low phase shift across all EQ adjustments, which helps maintain the integrity of your mix's original sound while enhancing the very high "air" frequencies.
Native Instruments' Replika delay plug-in (VST, VST3, AU, AAX Native, AAX DSP)
packs two professional quality delays and a powerful diffusion algorithm into a sleek, streamlined interface.
Output Movement (VST, VST3, AU, AAX)
is an exciting effects plug-in for the studio or stage that adds powerful rhythms to any input in real-time. Movement's four rhythm engines blend seamlessly, while analog modeled effects optimized for modulation let you add rhythm with reverb and compressors pumping, filters and EQs opening and closing, delays morphing, and tube distortion warming and cooling.
SPL Attacker Plus (VST, VST3, AU, AAX Native, AAX DSP)
, from Plugin Alliance, is a micro-plug-in that enables all attack events to be amplified, regardless of their signal level. By focusing on the initial transient instead of specific frequencies, SPL Attacker Plus amplifies just the attack curves of a sound event, allowing instruments to be mixed at lower levels.
StudioLinked Trophies (VST, VST3, AAX, AU, Standalone)
is an intuitive and easy-to-use collection of R&B sounds assembled by nine-time Grammy-winning producer Bryan-Michael Cox. It includes 500 multi-sampled presets across 13 categories, onboard effects, ADSR controls, filtering controls, and a robust library of chord progressions that you can drag and drop into your instrument track.
UJAM Virtual Drummer 2 "Phat" (VST, VST3, AAX, AU, Standalone)
is all about funky urban drums suitable for everything from retro soul to g-funk. You get 30 different drum styles and 720 patterns recorded across 5 drum kits.
UVI Model D (VST, AU, AAX)
lets you experience the presence and power of a Concert Grand Model D piano, captured in the brilliant Guillaume Tell soundstage in Paris.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of PreSonus products.
- Type: XLR Female Balanced
- Frequency Response (+/-3.0 dB): 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Input Impedance (Balanced): 1200 ohm
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain): < 0.008%
- S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, Ref. = +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 22 kHz): > 95 dB
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, 55 dB Gain): > 45 dB
- Gain Control Range (+/- 1 dB): 0 dB to 35 dB
- Max Input Level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N): -3 dBu
- Phantom Power (+/- 2 VDC): 48 VDCInstrument Input
- Type: 1/4" TS Female Unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 0.5 M ohmsLine Outputs
- Type: 1/4" Balanced
- Output Impedance: 51 ohmsHeadphone Output
- Type: 1/4" TRS Active Stereo
- Maximum Output: 60 mW/Ch @ 60 ohm Load
- Frequency Response (+/- 1.0 dB): 20 Hz - 30 kHzMIDI I/O
- Type: Dual 5-pin Female DINDigital Audio
- ADC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105 dB
- DAC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate): 105 dB
- Bit Depth: 24
- Reference Level for 0 dBFS: Plus 4 dBu
- Internal Sample Frequency Selections (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96
- Power: USB 2.0 bus-poweredPhysical
- Dimensions: 1/3U (steel chassis)
- Height: 5.5" (139.7 mm)
- Depth: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Width: 5.5" (139.7 mm)
- Weight: 5 lbs (2.27 kg)Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for AudioBox USB 96.Mac
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later
- Intel Core Duo processor (Intel Core# 2 Duo or Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)Windows
- Windows 7x 64/x86 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 x64/x86 or Windows 10 x64/x86
- Intel Core 2 processor (Intel Core i3 processor or better recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)Windows and Mac Systems
- USB 2.0 Port
- Internet connection (for activation)
- Monitor with at least 1024x768 resolution
- 20 GB hard-disk space
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
- The minimum system requirements may differ for DAWs other than Studio One. Please check the requirements for your DAW of choice with its manufacturer.
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
AudioBox USB 96
- Warehouse Resealed, Blue
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
AudioBox USB 96