Propellerhead Reason 8 Music Software
Reason is the music-making software that helps you create and collaborate with musicians worldwide. It's easy to get started with, yet as deep as you want it to be. And with an intuitive flow and musician-friendly design that focuses and enhances your creative process, you can keep your mind on what really matters -- the music.
Boost your creativity with an ever-expandable palette of instruments and effects that plug right into the Reason rack. No matter what your project is, Reason has everything you need to write, record, remix and produce great-sounding tracks.
Build your songs from start to finish in Reason's sequencer. Create with synths, samplers, loops and drum machines. Record live instruments, or your entire band. Be creative with musicians worldwide with the new Propellerhead music sharing and collaboration service. Polish your project with a built-in million-dollar mixer, pristine convolution reverb, and an arsenal of studio effects. Then drop your song to Propellerhead -- the new creative hub for sharing your music.
Reason 9 -- FREE update with your Reason 8 purchase!
Register Reason 8 to get a FREE Reason 9 download when it's released! You'll also get an immediate download of Reason 8.3, which includes the RV7000 mkII convolution reverb, browser window access from the sequencer/rack, and more updates.
What You Get with the Full Version of Reason 8:
- All 10 Reason instruments
- All 25 Reason effects
- Studio-grade mixer
- Unlimited audio tracks
- Support for Rack Extensions
Check out this 2-minute intro to Reason 8:
See how Reason 8 turns your 'workflow' into 'flow that works':
Record, produce, mix, remix, and collaborate with musicians around the globe. Reason includes a massive collection of instruments, sounds and effects to make writing, recording, remixing and producing great-sounding tracks easier and more inspiring.
Creative Collaboration with Propellerhead's Apps: Figure and Take
Access the Propellerhead music service -- the newest way to create, share and collaborate with musicians worldwide. Bridge the gap between mobile and studio by seamlessly moving ideas between Reason and the award-winning Figure and Take apps. Draw inspiration from a global community of artists and share your masterpiece with the world by dropping to Propellerhead.
Your song files are also self-contained, keeping all audio recordings and sounds in a single file for easy sharing with your friends. If you need to move your music to a different program, Reason lets you quickly bounce all your channels to individual audio files with a couple clicks.
Reason's legendary flow lets you stay focused on the music and explore your options as you go along. With Reason's completely integrated environment, you'll enjoy fewer dialog boxes, more inspiration and more music.
At the heart of Reason is a virtual rack that builds itself as you create your song. Create instruments and effects and route them any way you want. Your rack is what you want it to be. Need more gear? No problem. Use Reason's new browser to choose a synth, a drum machine, a loop player or device from any Reason window and drag it to the rack. And because Reason is designed to go easy on your computer, you can keep adding to your song until you're more than happy.
A single keystroke will turn Reason's rack around, and you'll find yourself in patch cord heaven. When a new device is created, it's automatically connected for you, but if you want to go deep, repatch by dragging the patch cord plug to the desired connector -- or open up and tweak one of the included presets.
All the sliders, knobs, buttons and functions are right in front of you, ready to be tweaked, turned and twisted in absolute real-time. And everything -- filter sweeps, pitch bending, gain riding or panning -- can be recorded and automated in the Reason sequencer.
Integrate your hardware MIDI gear with Reason's rack. Control your external synths and beat machines from Reason's sequencer, or sync your outboard sequencer with MIDI clock.
Powerful Rack Extensions
When you're looking for even more creative options, Rack Extensions come to the rescue. Expand your virtual rack with new, inspiring instruments and effects created by Propellerhead and other developers -- from modern effects to vintage instruments. Rack Extensions are full Reason rack citizens, giving you the same fully integrated experience as when using any of the included synths, effects and utilities.
Creative recording and sequencing
Below the rack you'll find the powerful sequencer. Keeping with Reason's famous ease of use, it still comes with all the editing features you need. Capture MIDI performances and automation, record and overdub audio, or draw in your notes with the mouse. Any mistakes can easily be corrected, adjusted or quickly spliced together from multiple takes. If your playing is too tight, use Reason's ReGroove Mixer to add more human feel. Always in sync with your flow, forever adapting to you and your working methods, Reason's sequencer simply gets you there faster.
With the renowned time stretch you can record first and pick your tempo later. And thanks to audio transpose you can even record first and change the key later. Change the tempo of your song on the fly, and the audio follows right along, in real time. Non-destructively change the pitch, correct the timing of your audio recording, or use the automatic audio-slicing to turn your performance into something completely new. Resample your audio recording as REX files and continue working with your sounds and loops in the Reason rack.
When finalizing your song, Reason's mixer gives your tracks that big studio sound right out of your computer. The Mixer is faithfully modeled after the famous SSL 9000k* analog mixing desk, with flexible routing, full dynamics, EQ, advanced effects handling, full automation, groups and parallel channels, and its famous master-bus compression. The spectrum analyzer window with visual EQ control makes it easy to fine-tune the sound of your tracks from anywhere in the program.
Every Sound You've Always Wanted
Finding that right sound is an important part of the musical process. With gigabytes of synths, samples, drum kits, loops and effects, Reason's built-in sound bank is packed with everything you'll need from the start. Reason's integrated, always-accessible browser makes finding the right sound across a huge sample library a breeze. Search, browse, sort and preview until you have what you are looking for. Want more? Expand your palette with a world of ReFill libraries -- sound libraries custom-made for Reason.
Check out the Softube guitar and bass amp models included in Reason 8:
New to Reason? Learn how to make your first beat in this 5-minute video:
See Reason's workflow in action in this video from Propellerhead:
- Kong drum designer
- Thor polysonic synthesizer
- NN19 sampler
- NN-XT advanced sampler
- Malstrom graintable synthesizer
- Dr. Octo Rex loop player
- Redrum pattern-based drum machine
- Subtractor analog subtractive synthesizer
- ID-8 songwriter's toolbox
- Combinator, for building chains of instruments, effects, and pattern sequencers
- Softube Guitar amplifier with amp and cabinet modeling
- Softube Bass amplifier with amp and cabinet modeling
- Alligator triple channel pattern based gate
- Pulveriser distortion, compressor and envelope follower module
- The Echo high quality stereo echo
- Neptune pitch corrector and voice synthesizer
- Audiomatic retro transformer
- Line 6 virtual guitar amplifier
- Line 6 virtual bass amplifier
- RV-7 digital reverb
- DDL-1 digital delay line
- D-11 foldback distortion
- ECF-42 envelope-controlled filter
- DF-101 chorus/flanger
- PH-90 phaser
- COMP-01 compressor
- PEQ2 2-band EQ
- RV7000 mkII advanced reverb with convolution engine
- Scream 4 sound destruction Unit
- BV512 vocoder with 4 to 512 bands and equalization
- UN16 unison
- 4-band mastering EQ
- Dual band stereo imager
- Stereo compressor with sidechain input, soft-knee mode and CV out
- Maximizer with look-ahead and soft clip
Modeled mixing console with complete channel strip for every instrument and audio channel:
- 4-band EQ
- 8 send effects slots
- Insert effect slot
- Dynamics section with compressor and gate
- Lo-pass and hi-passfilter
- Spectrum analyzer
- Master compressor with sidechain input
- Group channels
- Parallel channels
- Unlimited audio recording and instrument channels
- Access to the new Propellerhead music making service
- Rack Extension technology lets you expand your collection of instruments and effects with the devices you want
- Comes with a huge factory sound bank, with patches for all Reason's devices, samples, and loops
- Fully featured high-precision multitrack sequencer with Blocks mode and audio comping tools
- High quality realtime time stretch & audio transpose
- Audio slicing and audio quantize -- correct the timing of your audio recordings
- Convert recorded or imported audio in the sequencer into REX loops for further sound manipulation
- Zoom to Selection for increased ease when navigating sessions
- MIDI Focus for setting instruments without going to the sequencer
- MIDI instrument output -- control synths, samplers and keyboards from Reason's sequencer
- MIDI clock output -- sync hardware to Reason
- Advanced exporting -- export your separate mixer channels as individual audio stems, including effects and tempo track
- Live sampling on all sampler devices
- RPG-8 monophonic arpeggiator
- ReGroove Mixer real-time groove console
- Matrix pattern-based sequencer
- 14:2 mixer w/ EQ and effects send/return
- 6:2 channel stereo line mixer
- Spider Audio merger & splitter
- Spider Control Voltage merger & splitter
- Remote mapping to external MIDI controllers and hardware control surfaces
- ReWire support
- Supports all major file formats -- from wave and aiff to mp3 and more
- Realtime sample rate and bit depth conversion allows for importing any audio into Reason without issues
- Multicore support and 64-bit compatibility makes Reason fast and powerful on any computer
*All product names used are trademarks of their respective owners, and in no way constitutes an association or affiliation with Propellerhead Software. The SSL and/or Solid State Logic trademarks are solely used to identify the products whose sound was studied during Propellerhead Software's sound modeling development. The trademarks SSL and Solid State Logic are owned by Red Lion 49 Limited. Line 6, POD and TonePort are registered trademarks of Line 6, Inc. used under license. All rights reserved.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Reason Studios products.