Propellerhead Reason 10 Upgrade Software
Available here as an upgrade from Reason Limited, Reason Limited or Reason Adapted, Propellerhead Reason 10 is hands-on music production and recording for musicians. It comes with all the instruments and effects you need to make music. Plus a huge supply of synth sounds, loops and sampled instruments. Expand your system with VST or Rack Extension plugins when you need it. In addition there is a fully equipped studio-grade mixing console. Legendary Propellerhead performance and stability! Reason will help you along the journey, from inspiration to mixdown.
New in Reason 10. The biggest Reason update. Ever.
New sounds and new gear pave the way for new music, and Reason 10 is here with a rackload of new synths, instruments, samples and more. Grain and Europa: two massive, brand new synthesizers. Klang Tuned Percussion, Pangea World Instruments, Humana Vocal Ensemble: three new live-sounding organic instrument devices. Radical Piano: a top-notch acoustic piano. Synchronous: creative modulation device. Loop Supply and Drum Supply: a multi Gigabyte infusion of cutting-edge drum loops and samples. What music will you create?
What's new in Reason 10.1?
Reason 10.1 is a free update for all Reason 10 owners, available for free through Reason's in-app auto update. 10.1 features sample loading in Reason's flagship Europa synth, which provides a powerful new way for creating stunning sounds while maintaining its easy-to-use interface.
Reason 10.1 supports Rack Extension SDK 3, allowing developers to create new and better Rack Extensions, including Player devices.
Get a closer look at the Grain granular synthesizer -- new in Reason 10:
See how Reason 10's new Europa wavetable synth works in this video:
Hear a demo of Reason 10's organic sampled instruments -- Klang, Pangea, and Humana:
Reason is an integrated software music production studio with audio recording, million-dollar mixing, built-in collaboration tools and a massive collection of instruments, sounds and effects. It's the perfect choice for writing recording, remixing and producing great-sounding tracks.
Virtual studio rack
At the heart of Reason is a virtual rack that builds itself as you create your song. Fill your rack with as many devices as you need to get your sound. Reason's legendary instruments and effects cover every need from acoustic and organic to electronic and synthetic.
As you build your rack, everything is automatically connected and routed for you. If you want to dive deeper, turn Reason's rack around and you'll find yourself in cable heaven! Craft the sound you are after by routing audio and control voltage freely between devices in the rack. Your imagination is the only limitation to what you can build.
Capture your musical ideas in Reason's powerful sequencer. Record and edit audio, MIDI or automation with powerful recording and editing tools. Quantize MIDI or audio to fix timing problems, or use ReGroove's swing magic to breathe life into your sequences. Always in sync with your flow, forever adapting to you and your working methods, Reason's sequencer simply gets you there faster.
Record first and pick your tempo later with Reason's renowned time stretch. And thanks to audio transpose you can even record first and change the key later. Fine tune your vocal performances to perfection with Pitch Edit. Non-destructively change the pitch, correct the timing of your audio recording with Slice Edit. Or rework, resample or reshape your recordings into something completely new.
When finalizing your song, Reason's mixer gives your tracks that big studio sound right out of your computer. The Mixer is faithfully modeled after the legendary SSL 9000k*analog mixing desk, with flexible routing, full dynamics, EQ, full automation, groups and parallel channels, and its famous master-bus compression.
Extending your rack
When you're looking for even more creative options, plugins come to the rescue. Expand your virtual rack with new, inspiring instruments and effects created by developers around the world#from modern effects to vintage instruments. Reason supports VST plugins and Reason's own Rack Extension format. Rack Extensions are full Reason rack citizens, giving you the same fully integrated experience as when using any of the included synths, effects and utilities.
VST plugins are right at home in the Reason rack. Drag & Drop from the browser, use CV with your plugins, add Players, put them in Combinators with Reason's own devices or Rack Extensions # all the things you expect when working in Reason!
With a multi-gigabyte supply of synth sounds, sampled instruments, drum kits, loops and effects, tailored to fit a wide range of genres and styles, Reason's built-in sound bank is packed with everything you need to make music. The integrated, always open browser makes finding the right sound across a huge sample library a breeze. Want more? Expand your palette with a world of ReFill libraries#sound libraries custom-made for Reason.
- Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer - new in Reason 10!
- Grain Sample Manipulator -- new in Reason 10!
- Klang Tuned Percussion Instrument -- new in Reason 10!
- Pangea World Instruments -- new in Reason 10!
- Humana Vocal Ensemble Instrument -- new in Reason 10!
- Radical Piano -- advanced acoustic piano -- new in Reason 10!
- Kong Drum Designer
- Thor polysonic synthesizer
- NN19 sampler
- Malstrom graintable synthesizer
- Dr. Octo Rex loop player
- Redrum pattern-based drum machine
- Subtractor analog subtractive synthesizer
- ID-8 songwriter's toolbox
- Combinator, for building chains of instruments, effects, and pattern sequencers
Included Player devices
- Scales & Chords
- Dual Arpeggio
- Note Echo
- Synchronous Effects Modulator - new in Reason 10!
- Softube Guitar amplifier with amp and cabinet modeling
- Softube Bass amplifier with amp and cabinet modeling
- Alligator triple channel pattern based gate
- Pulveriser distortion, compressor and envelope follower module
- The Echo high quality stereo echo
- Neptune pitch corrector and voice synthesizer
- Audiomatic Retro Transformer
- RV-7 digital reverb
- DDL-1 digital delay line
- D-11 foldback distortion
- ECF-42 envelope-controlled filter
- DF-101 chorus/flanger
- PH-90 phaser
- COMP-01 compressor
- PEQ2 2-band EQ
- RV7000 MkII advanced convolution reverb
- Scream 4 Sound Destruction Unit
- BV512 vocoder with 4 to 512 bands and equalization
- UN16 unison
- 4-band mastering EQ
- Dual band stereo imager
- Stereo compressor with sidechain input, soft-knee mode and CV out
- Maximizer with look-ahead and soft clip
- Modeled mixing console with complete channel strip for every instrument and audio channel
- 4-band EQ
- 8 Send effects slots
- Insert effect slot
- Dynamics section with compressor and gate
- Lo-pass and hi-passfilter
- Spectrum analyzer
- Master compressor with sidechain input
- Group channels
- Parallel channels
- VST plugin support: add any instrument or effect plugin to Reason's rack.
- Delay compensation makes all signal paths play in perfect, phase-locked sync.
- Supports the Allihoopa music making and collaboration service, with access to an endless supply of inspiring user-created music, backing tracks and performances.
- Support for Ableton Link: effortlessly sync Reason and other link enabled apps over WiFi.
- Unlimited audio recording and instrument channels
- Rack Extensions lets you expand your collection of instruments and effects from Propellerhead and 3rd party developers
- Huge factory sound bank, with patches for all Reason's devices, samples, and loops
- Loop supply & Drum supply. 3GB of cutting-edge loops and samples - new in Reason 10!
- Fully featured high-precision multitrack sequencer with Blocks mode and audio comping tools
- High quality realtime time stretch & audio transpose
- Pitch Edit mode for polishing your vocal recordings
- Audio slicing and audio quantize -- correct the timing of your audio recordings
- Convert recorded or imported audio in the sequencer into REX loops for further sound manipulation
- MIDI instrument output -- control synths, samplers and keyboards from Reason's sequencer
- MIDI clock output -- sync hardware to Reason
- Advanced exporting -- export your separate mixer channels as individual audio stems, including effects and tempo track
- Live sampling on all Sampler devices
- RPG-8 Monophonic Arpeggiator
- ReGroove Mixer real-time groove console
- Matrix pattern-based sequencer
- Pulsar Dual LFO
- 14:2 mixer w/ EQ and effects send/return
- 6:2 channel stereo line mixer
- Spider Audio Merger & Splitter
- Spider Control Voltage Merger & Splitter
- Remote mapping to external MIDI controllers and hardware control surfaces
- ReWire support
- Supports all major file formats -- from wave and aiff to mp3 and more
- Realtime sample rate and bit depth conversion allows for importing any audio into Reason without issues
- Multicore support and 64-bit compatibility makes Reason fast and powerful on any computer
- Self-contained song files make moving projects between computers and collaborator as easy as moving a single file.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Reason Studios products.