Hardware for Flying/Rigging the SP-4:
Eyebolts or bracket bolts should be M8 metric thread. Eyebolts and bracket bolts must conform to certain minimum strength criteria for safety reasons. Unspecified eyebolts found at local hardware stores are not strong enough to maintain safety for overhead flying or rigging. Use only forged steel shoulder machinery eyebolts designed for rigging use, which adhere to the stated standards as outlined b e l ow.
Forged shoulder machinery eyebolts should be an M8 size, 1.25 mm per thread, and must conform to DIN 580 or ASTM A489, for Germany, BGV-C1 is the relevant standard. Minimum shank length should be 26 mm. The eyebolts should be rated for a minimum of 1,000 lbs straight pull working load.Bolts used on custom mounting brackets must be certified to be a metric grade 8.8 or better.If there are any questions regarding the proper hardware or practices for safe flying or rigging of the Peavey SP® 4, contact a certified structural engineer, or consult with those local rigging companies who have trained and certified personnel.
Operating bandwidth: 69 Hz to 17 kHz.
- Full Range: 1000 W continuous (RMS), 2000 W program, 4000 W peak
- Low Frequency Section: 1000 W continuous (RMS), 2000 W program, 4000 W peak
- High Frequency Section: 50 W continuous (RMS), 100 W program, 200 W peak
Frequency Response, 1 meter on-axis, swept-sine in anechoic environment: 69 Hz to 17 kHz (±3 dB)
Usable Low Frequency limit (-10 dB point): 54 Hz
Sensitivity/Sound Pressure Level at 1 Watt, 1 meter in anechoic environment:
- Full Range: 98 dB SPL, (2.0 V input)
- Low Frequency Section: 98 dB SPL, (2.0 V input)
- High Frequency Section: 108 dB SPL, (2.0 V input)
Maximum Sound Pressure Level (1 meter):
- Full Range: 127 dB SPL continuous, 133 dB SPL peak
- Low Frequency Section: 127 dB SPL continuous, 133 dB SPL peak
- High Frequency Section: 125 dB SPL continuous, 131 dB SPL peak
Radiation Angle measured at -6 dB point of polar response:
- 100 deg. Horizontal by 50 deg. Vertical
- Low Frequency Section: 2 X 15" woofer, vented; Black Widow 1508-8 SPS
- High Frequency Section: 1 X 1.0" exit, 50 mm voice coil
- RX22CT compression driver on asymmetrical Quadratic Throat CD Horn
Box Tuning Frequency:
- Low Frequency Section: 64 Hz
Electroacoustic Crossover Frequency (internal passive):
- Low Frequency - High Frequency: 1,800 Hz
Recommended Active Crossover Frequency Region and Slope:
- Low Frequency - High Frequency: 2.0 kHz at 24 dB/octave LR
- Low Frequency: 0.0 ms
- High Frequency:0.31 ms
- Nominal: 4.0 ohms
- Minimum: 3.4 ohms
- Nominal: 4.0 ohms
- Minimum: 3.2 ohms
- Nominal: 8.0 ohms
- Minimum: 7.9 ohms
- Full range: two 1/4" phone jacks, one four-pin, twist lock connector.
- Bi-amp connection via swappable header inside cup through four-pin, twist lock connector.
Enclosure Materials & Finish:
- Plywood finished in black textured polyurethane coating.
- Full length black powder coated metal grille.
- 10x M8 Threaded Mounting Suspension Points (2 top, 2 bottom and 2 each side & 1 each top rear and bottom rear).
- Four large rubber feet on bottom for floor use.
Nominal radiation geometry: 100 degrees symmetrical about the center axis in the horizontal plane, and +15, -35 degrees about the center axis in the vertical plane.
The vertical main polar lobe is angled down 10 degrees with respect to straight ahead, the vertical coverage angles being +15. –35 deg.
Fly point inserts: 10 per cabinet -- 2 top, 2 bottom and 2 each side & 1 each rear top and rear bottom.
Dimensions and Weight:
- Dimensions: (L x W x H) 43.5x16.75x16.85 in.
- Width of rear of trapezoidal cabinet: 11.58"
- Weight: 87 lbs.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Base Item
Shipping Weight: 94.75 lbs
Shipping Dimensions: 47 x 21 x 21 in
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): 03614810
Shipping Weight: 189.5 lbs