This is a reissue of the original, large-format Cali76 compressor with high-spec transformer output stage and balanced line out, optimised for guitar, bass and studio use, in a strictly limited run of 200 units for the TX model.
When Origin launched the Cali76 back in 2012, it was, and still is, like nothing else on the market. With its large, brushed aluminium enclosure, studio-grade circuitry and astonishingly transparent sound, the Cali76 broke the mould in every department.
The Cali76-TX features a custom-wound iron core transformer designed to subtly saturate and add extra harmonic complexity at higher gain levels.
The pedal also features a 12-stage LED gain reduction meter, a balanced line-level/DI output, and a high/low gain switch -- useful for pushing the transformer harder.
- 100% Class-A discrete signal path
- Ultra fast "FET" response
- Attack & Release controls
- Studio-grade "discrete" preamplifier
- Rugged VU-style meter
- Low noise electronics
- Class-A discrete output-amplifier driving transformer
- Dual, low-impedance outputs (via audio transformer)
- Unbalanced instrument-level output
- Balanced Line-DI output (Please note that output signal level does not conform to the +4dBm professional studio convention, and so some additional amplification may be required.)
- Ground-lift function to eliminate ground induced hum
- Gain-switch adjusts transformer saturation
- Auto-Shutdown - preserves battery operation
- PSU Spec. Min: 13mA @ 9V…
/ 72mA @ 18V (PSU not included)
- Suggested PSU Rating: 200mA for optimum start-up
- Designed and built in England