Novation Circuit Groove Box
Want some instant electronic inspiration? Get on board with the Novation Circuit -- the standalone groove box which makes creativity second nature. Start making music in seconds -- with Nova-heritage synths, expertly sculpted drums or your own samples.
We used the Circuit's Sample Import feature to create a track from real-world sounds:
Learn more about the new polyrhythm and pack features in the Circuit 1.5 firmware update:
See just what the Novation Circuit is capable of:
It's all about the hands-on experience. Hit the pads, tweak the knobs. Layer the parts, adjust the effects. With its compact design, battery power and built-in speakers, Circuit can be used to make music entirely on its own -- anytime, anywhere. Likewise, sync to your computer and session hardware, and use your own samples for full DAW connectivity.
It's a beat-dropping, heart-stopping musical brainstorm in a box. Grab the moment. The only question you'll ask is: how did I ever live without it?
What's New in Circuit Firmware Version 1.5?- Fractional Gate:
the gate length for a note no longer has to equal one step, it can be shorter or longer. With 6 times the resolution, you can add expression to your tracks like never before on Circuit.
- Synth Patch Preview:
You can now audition synth patches in a similar way to Drum Preview.
- MIDI CC Send and Receive:
MIDI CC data can be turned on or off to prevent any unwanted parameter changes.
Ideas in Seconds. Tracks in Minutes.
Circuit inspires, straight out the box. Combining two-part synthesiser and a four-part drum machine with a 4x8 RGB velocity-sensitive grid sequencer -- you'll be finding new musical directions and creating electronic grooves in no time.
Compact, battery powered and with built-in speakers, Circuit is about getting creative whenever and wherever inspiration strikes. Build entire tunes from scratch without a laptop, then save them and play them back live. Of course, Circuit will also plug in to your sound system and work with your computer and other synth gear too.
Get a walkthrough of the Circuit in this demo:
Deep bass lines, epic leads and warm pads -- explore a new world of electronic sound at your fingertips. Building on our Nova heritage, Circuit delivers cutting-edge sound with production-ready monophonic and polyphonic patches full of character.
Build Ideas Quickly
Take control with Circuit's intuitive interface. The split grid shows your steps and notes at the same time, so you can sequence and play while seeing exactly what's going on -- programme each step or capture your performance in real-time.
Supported by an online suite of tools that is constantly evolving, take advantage of regular updates and new functionality to customise your Circuit. For example, simply drag and drop samples onto Circuit with Sample Import, using the streamlined browser-based Web MIDI workflow, and create your own sound library. The latest update (version 1.4) brings a new pattern-length parameter for the drum tracks to enable polyrhythmic drum sequences, where previously the drum patterns were locked to 16 steps. Also, it’s now possible to switch each track’s patterns on the fly so you can create fast-changing fills and pattern-change effects.
Searching for the perfect beat?
Velocity-sensitive RGB pads let you quickly build expressive drum beats, by step sequencing or playing live across a wide range of drum sounds. Define your sound with real-time control over pitch, decay, distortion, EQ and filter. Then drop your perfect beat with Circuit -- time and time again.
New in 1.5
- Fractional Gate – the gate length for a note no longer has to equal one step, it can be shorter or longer. With 6 times the resolution you can add expressivity to your tracks like never before on Circuit.
- Synth Patch Preview – this now allows you to audition synth patches in a similar way to Drum Preview.
- MIDI CC Send and Receive – this means MIDI CC data can be turned on or off to prevent any unwanted parameter changes.
What's in the Box?
- Novation Circuit
- USB cable
- 2 MIDI breakout cables: 3.5mm jack to female 5 pin din
- Printed Getting Started Guide
- Circuit patches sheet
- Safety information sheet
- 6x AA batteries included
- 12V DC power supply included
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- 4 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Circuit Components: https://www.novationmusic.com/circuit-components
- 2-part Nova-heritage analogue-modelled +wavetable synthesiser
- 4-part drum machine
- 4x8 grid of RGB, velocity-sensitive sequencer pads
- MiniNova spec oscillator types and updated with new wavetables
- 64 production-ready patches
- Step sequence or build live
- Lock your music in time and key
- Tweak using 8 synth macro encoders with RGB LEDs
- Record and play back your tweaks
- Combine up to 128 steps of synth and drum patterns
- Add awesome delay and reverb effects
- 32 slots for saving sessions
- Create your own synth patches using Circuit Editor
- Add your samples with Sample Import
- Compact and battery powered
- Built-in DSP-enhanced speaker
- Pads and knobs, and sequence works with computer and hardware via USB and MIDI
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Novation products.