Traktor Kontrol S8: Out With the Old, In With the New
Much has changed in the DJ world since Native Instruments' introduction of the revolutionary Traktor Kontrol S4 in 2010. Now, Native Instruments has upped the ante offering an uber-upgrade for the USB jockey. Enter the Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S8 DJ Controller, a fully functional four-channel DJ mixer with Stem-ready remix decks and seamless integration with the included professional grade Traktor Scratch Pro 2 software.
The Traktor Kontrol S8 Replaces traditional jog wheels with high-resolution color displays and a touch sensitive ribbon-strip for track navigation and virtual scratching. While the lack of jog wheels may be a turnoff for some traditional turntablists, remember that the S8 is a DVS-ready four-channel mixer out of the box and nearly any turntable or CDJ can provide digital vinyl simulation in absence of the jog wheels. An expanded sampler section has also been added which allows for fine-tuning of up to 4 samples per channel or Stems playback. With more control at your fingertips and vibrant color screens, you'll spend more time with the controller and less time staring at your computer screen.
In addition to being the most boss DJ controller on the market, the Traktor Kontrol S8 also serves as a stand-alone 4-channel mixer. Connect up to four of your favorite turntables or CDJs and DJ from your media library like an old-school turntablist -- no computer required. Or sync with the included Traktor Scratch Pro 2 software for intuitive digital vinyl simulation (time-coded vinyls and CDs sold separately).
Native Instruments' latest innovation is like a dream come true for the digital DJ. Stems are a new open audio file format designed by Native Instruments to promote creative DJing. Unlike traditional audio formats which downmix the entire audio stream into a single audio track, Stems offer a four-track file format with independent, fully editable tracks for drums, bass, vocals, and melody -- it's like loading up a complete multitrack recording session from a single file with the press of a button. This new format allows DJs to solo, breakdown, and remix in new and innovative ways. More artists are getting on the Stems bandwagon every day so there's plenty of pro-grade remix sets to choose from, in addition to tons of free sample packs available direct from Native Instruments.
- Four-channel stand-alone USB DJ mixer for PC or Mac
- Per channel controls knobs for gain, 3-band EQ, and filter plus FX selector and volume faders
- Cross-fader includes adjustable curve shapes and each channel is assignable to left, right, or thru
- Digital vinyl simulation-ready and integrates with your favorite turntables or C
- Two high-resolution color displays with seamless Traktor Scratch Pro integration
- Two four-channel Stem-ready remix decks with per channel volume faders and effects
- Control over 40 built-in effects
- 16 color-coded touch-sensitive sample pads
- Touch-sensitive ribbon strip for track navigation, pitch bend, and scratch simulation
- Stereo RCA and XLR master outputs
- Stereo 1/4-inch booth outputs
- Four stereo line/phono-level switchable RCA inputs for connecting turntables or CDJs
- 1/4-inch/XLR combo and 1/4-inch microphone inputs
- 5-pin MIDI input and output
- USB type-B port for connecting to computer
- 24-bit Cirrus Logic analog-to-digital converters
- 24-bit Cirrus Logic digital-to-analog converters with 48 kHz internal sampling frequency
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
- License to download Traktor Scratch Pro 2 software for PC or Mac included
- Powered by included AC adapter
- Unit weights 11 lbs
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Native Instruments products.
Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10 or 10.11.1 (latest update), Intel(R) Core(TM) i5, 4 GB RAM
Windows 7, 8 or 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), 2.0 GHz Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 or equal AMD processor, 4 GB RAM
- SUPPORTED AUDIO FORMATS: MP3, WAV, AIFF, Audio-CD, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, non-DRM WMA**, non-DRM AAC
** WMA playback supported only on WindowsGENERAL:
Monitor with 1024 x 768 screen resolution, USB 2.0 or higher, OpenGL version 2.1 or higher, 1.5 GB free disc space, high-speed internet connection (for installation)DIMENSIONS:
- Depth: 38.7 cm, Height: 6,6 cm, Width: 58,5 cm, Weight: 5 kg
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- with Case