MOTU Track16 USB Audio InterfaceThe MOTU Track16 connects to any Mac or PC laptop or desktop computer via bus-powered FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0, with professional audio quality at sample rates up to 192 kHz. Track16 provides plenty of I/O for a well-equipped studio, including two mic inputs, two guitar inputs, two stereo line-level inputs, four channels of analog output, optical digital I/O (stereo TOSLink or 8-channel ADAT) and an independent stereo headphone output.
Track16's compact size is perfect desktop studio operation, with one-touch volume control of any input or output channel pair. Four pairs of 7-segment ladder LEDs provide level metering for all analog inputs and outputs at a glance. Housed in a rugged, compact enclosure you can take anywhere, the Track16 is equally well-suited for studio and stage, providing 16 separate inputs and 14 separate outputs, plus 16-channel MIDI input and output.
Connect all of your studio gear, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines, effects processors and even MIDI devices. Record, monitor, route and process all of these live inputs using the professional on-board CueMix FX digital mixer with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs, and busses independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb with tail lengths up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 7-band parametric EQ meticulously modeled after British analog console EQs. Use two forms of compression: a conventional compressor and the Leveler, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical compressor that provides vintage, musical automatic gain control.
Use Track16s on-screen CueMix FX software to tune your guitar and other instruments. Analyze and scope your audio with advanced diagnostic tools, including a full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram waterfall display, full-featured oscilloscope, X-Y plot, and rectangular/polar phase analysis graphs.
The Track16 provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac and Windows and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via industry standard WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac OS X, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing, processing and mastering.
Features:16 x 14 audio interface for Mac and Windows
All channels are available simultaneously and operate independently.
Hybrid FireWire/USB 2.0 connectivity
Connects to your Mac or PC via either bus-powered Firewire or hi-speed USB2.
Simply tap the input or output you wish to control with the main knob.
Compact desktop form factor
Sits neatly next to your computer keyboard or laptop.
8-bus digital mixer
Routes and mixes all eight inputs to any output pair.
Eight separate stereo mixes
Each output pair (main outs, line outs, phones, 4x optical, and a return bus) can have a completely different mix of all eight inputs, with or without computer tracks.
Two mic inputs
2x pre-amped equipped mic inputs with individual 48V phantom power, -20 dB pad, Precision Digital Trim, and plenty of gain.
Two guitar inputs
2x hi-Z guitar inputs with -20 dB pad and Precision Digital Trim.
Stereo line inputs
On balanced TRS quarter-inch jacks. Connect a keyboard, synth, drum machine or other analog source.
Stereo main outs
On balanced TRS quarter-inch jacks. Connect directly to powered speakers (or other line-level analog destination).
Stereo line outs
Separate line-level outputs for secondary studio monitors or other destination.
Two headphone outputs
Can't find your headphone adapter? No problem. Both a quarter-inch and eighth-inch jack are provided. Or connect two pairs of phones simultaneously.
Support for HD audio
Supports standard sample rates up to 192 kHz.
Precision Digital Trim
Digitally controlled analog trim on all inputs provides adjustments in approximately 1/4 dB increments. Fine-tune the balance of your inputs and then save/recall trim configurations.
CueMix FX cross-platform mixing software
Attractive on-screen graphic mixing with an instrument tuner and audio analysis tools including real-time FFT display, spectrogram "waterfall" display, oscilloscope, X-Y plot and linear or polar phase analysis.
Bring the Track16 to your gig, with or without a computer. Just plug in the included power adapter and you are ready to go.
Add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow.
Time code support
Directly resolves to (or generates) time code via any quarter-inch input or output, without the need for an extra synchronizer.
Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS)
DSP-driven phase lock engine and internal clock source produces imperceptibly low jitter characteristics (below the noise floor), even when the Track16 is resolved to an external clock source via SMPTE time code.
DC-coupled TRS outputs
Can be used with Volta (sold separately) to manipulate and sequence voltage-controlled modular synthesizers from a host DAW.
Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire or USB2
Compatible with all current and recent generation Macs and PCs.
Native 32- and 64-bit drivers for Mac OS X and Windows 7/Vista
Includes ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI drives. Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software.
Fully compatible with 3rd-party software
100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs.
Includes audio workstation software
Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Mac with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
Bus-powered FireWire operation
No need for external power when operating as a FireWire interface connected to a computer. A power supply is included for stand-alone or USB2 operation.
Compact form factor
Chassis dimensions: 5 (W) 8.375 (L) 1.125 (H) inches (12.7 x 21.27 x 2.86 cm). Knob height adds approximately 0.5 inch (1.27 cm) from the top surface.
Included breakout cable
Included DB25 breakout cable with audio connectors is approximately 44 inches (111.76 cm) long.
Track16 breakout box (sold separately)
Connects to Track16 via a custom-designed DB25-to-DB25 cable (included with the breakout box) and provides all the same connectors as the Track16 cable.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Mark of the Unicorn (MOTU) products.
- Converters: 24-bit
- Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Analog inputs: 2 x XLR mic inputs
- 2 x 1/4" TRS line inputs (balanced/unbalanced)
- 1 x 1/8" stereo "mini" line inputs (unbalanced)
- 2 x 1/4" hi-Z guitar inputs
- Analog outputs: 2 x 1/4" balanced TRS main out
- 2 x 1/4" unbalanced TRS line out
- 1 x 1/4" TRS stereo headphone
- 1 x 1/8" stereo headphone
- Digital I/O: 8-channel ADAT optical at 1x sample rates
- 4-channel SMUX optical at 2x sample rates
- 2-channel TOSlink (optical S/PDIF) up to 96 kHz
- Computer I/O: 1 x FireWire 400 (Type B connector)
- 1 x USB 2.0
- Sync in/out: SMPTE time code (LTC)
- Headphone output: 1 x 1/4" TRS stereo phone
- 1 x 1/8" stereo phone
- Phantom power: Individual +48V
- Top panel: 2 x 7-segment ladder LEDs * main outs
- 2 x 7-segment LEDs * mic in or line 3-4 in
- 2 x 7-segment LEDs * guitar in or phones
- 2 x 7-segment LEDs * line in 1-2 or line out
- 2 x LEDs * 48V phantom power
- 2 x LEDs * -20 dB pad
- 5 x backlit switches * input select
- 3 x backlit switches * output select
- 1 x backlit switch * meters toggle
- 1 x backlit switch * power
- Power requirements: 9-18V DC, 5W, tip + or -
- FireWire bus power
- DC power adapter included, required for stand-alone and USB 2.0 operation (except with FireWire bus power)
System RequirementsMac System Requirements:
- PowerPC G4 CPU 1 GHz or faster (including any Mac with a PowerPC G5 or any Intel processor)
- 1 GB RAM; 2 GB or more recommended
- Mac OS X version 10.5, 10.6, or 10.7; v10.5.8 or later required
- Available FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0 port
- A large hard drive (preferably at least 250 GB)Windows System Requirements:
- 1 GHz Pentium-based PC compatible or faster equipped with at least one USB2 or FireWire port
- 1 GB RAM; 2 GB or more recommended
- Windows 7 or Vista, 32- or 64-bit; Vista SP 2 or later required
- Available FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0 port
- A large hard drive (preferably at least 250 GB)Included software:
- CueMix FX
- MOTU SMPTE Console
- AudioDesk (Mac only, optical CD drive required)Operating Systems:
- Mac OS X version 10.5, 10.6, or 10.7 (v10.5.8 or later is required)
- Windows 7 or Vista (SP2 or later is required)64-bit operation:
- Available for Mac OS X v10.6 or 10.7
- Available for 64-bit versions of Windows 7 or Vista
- Requires a 64-bit CPU
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
MOTU offers a 2 year warranty on all Firewire interfaces and all Video/Audio interfaces. USB MIDI interfaces and PCI Audio interfaces carry a 90 day warranty.
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 617-576-2760