Midas M32 Live 40-Input Digital Mixer
The groundbreaking M32 LIVE console combines legendary Midas sound quality with advanced digital technology, future-proof floating-point audio engine, extremely low-latency design and industry-leading 192 kHz ADC and DAC converters, creating a revolutionary mid-format live console. M32 LIVE features ultra-sleek styling, offering you a truly luxurious mixing experience. High-end construction materials include carbon fiber provide unparalleled durability and strength, plus substantially lower weight than comparable consoles.
The M32 LIVE utilizes award-winning Midas PRO Series microphone preamplifiers and the custom-designed Midas PRO motorized faders that are rated for 1 million life cycles -- three times more than other leading consoles. The Midas M32 LIVE is a future-forward console that completely raises the bar for live mixing.
Designing A Future Classic
Midas's goal for M32 LIVE was to combine the best of classic British console designs with advanced modern technology to completely redefine what a medium-format live console can offer. Midas began the industrial design process by drawing inspiration from a somewhat unexpected source: the luxury and high-performance car industry. To create a future-forward design that took the Midas legacy even further, Midas enlisted the help of Rajesh Kutty, a leading industrial designer known for his work with celebrated luxury auto manufacturers such as Bentley.
Kutty started by examining the design elements that have made Midas consoles so highly sought after, from the straightforward, logical layout to the unparalleled usability and ergonomics. These are characteristics that live sound engineers around the world have come to rely on and are key aspects of the Midas legacy. With these design elements in mind, Kutty set forth to create a styling that would be modern, innovative, futuristic, and stunningly elegant.
Many different construction materials were tested. Countless design variations were explored. And in the end, a styling was chosen that represented the perfect marriage between aerodynamic artistry and uncompromising performance. The design is both ultramodern and distinctly classic at the same time.
The Landmark in Console History
A close look at M32 LIVE reveals that the styling is completely new in every sense of the word. Rajesh Kutty's automotive-inspired design elements mesh perfectly with a recognizable Midas signature, setting the M32 LIVE apart from any other console. Its beautifully streamlined and elegant form factor completely revolutionizes the experience of live mixing.
The Midas M32 LIVE construction is equally impressive and is designed to offer you years of reliable performance while withstanding the demanding environment of live performance venues. M32 LIVE employs a predominantly space-frame construction, with parts of the sub-frame consisting of durable and lightweight carbon fiber and aluminum. Multiple alloys have been employed throughout to guarantee maximum component efficiency and an improved performance-to-weight ratio.
The M32 LIVE is an innovative, evolved design that brings together modern construction principles and high-tech materials into a styling destined to go down as a landmark in console history.
- Live performance and studio recording digital console with up to 40 simultaneous input channels
- 32 award-winning Midas PRO microphone preamplifiers
- 25 time-aligned and phase-coherent mix buses
- AES50 networking allows up to 96 inputs and 96 outputs
- 32 bi-directional channels of live recording/playback on dual SD/SDHC (cards not included)
- Up to 3 hours of 32 channel PCM recording in one session stored as uncompressed WAV files
- High-performance carbon fiber, aluminum and high-impact steel structure
- 40-bit floating point digital signal processing
- 8 DCA and 6 mute groups
- 8 digital signal processing effects engines
- 25 Midas PRO motor faders
- Daylight viewable 7" full color TFT display screen
- 32 x 32 channel USB 2.0 audio interface
- DAW remote control emulations of Mackie Control and HUI protocols
- Optional wireless remote control with Midas Apps for iPhone* and iPad
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 10-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Midas products.