M-Audio Code 25 USB Keyboard Controller
The M-Audio Code 25 is a premium, versatile keyboard controller. It has a velocity and aftertouch sensitive keybed, 8 assignable faders, knobs, and button controls, an X/Y control pad, Transport controls and responds to Huey, Mackie and ASCII commands It ships with a suite of full version Virtual Instruments too.
M-Audio gives you an in-depth walkthrough of all the features of the Code Series Keyboards:
The Code Series offers several thoughtful design touches that enable you to really perform your best. Your keyboard shouldn't be an obstacle standing in the way of your creativity. Instead, it should function as a direct extension of your thoughts and ensure that you can convey your musical ideas with immediacy, precision and clarity.
The Code 25 has a keybed with action that is smooth, precise and inspires confidence. You'll fly over the keys, unlike many other keyboards that seem like they're fighting you every step of the way. This is a remarkable instrument that feels familiar and comfortable right away -- you'll be translating your ideas into killer tracks in no time!
Serious Production Power
When your inspiration is in high gear, your keyboard has to be in lockstep with you. That's why the Code 25 is equipped with everything you need to produce some serious musical creations. There is an X-Y Touchpad that allows additional support over effects and instrument plugin parameters across an X/Y axis, instead of using a large number of knobs and fader controls to do the same thing. The X-Y Touchpad is faster, easier to use, and far more intuitive. It also doubles as your touchpad mouse for your Computer.
Support for ASCII/HID keyboard shortcut commands -- every DAW uses keyboard shortcuts to execute common functions (like adding tracks, cut/paste, etc.). The pain is jumping back and forth between your computer and your keyboard to perform these functions. It's disruptive and it wrecks your creative flow.
The Code 25 gets rid of that -- finally! Now you can map these commonly used commands right to the keyboard itself, streamlining your workflow for a faster, more efficient and far more satisfying creation/production process. You can split the keyboard into four assignable zones to maximize the flexibility and functionality of your setup. For instance, you can trigger four different instruments in their own separate zone, or have overlapping zones and trigger two instruments at the same time. Whatever you decide, the Code works with you
Fly Your Colors Proudly
There are 16 RGB backlit pads to indicate at a quick glance exactly what function any particular pad is assigned to. The buttons, knobs and faders are also color-coded to indicate what mode they're in. It all adds up to no confusion, no guessing. No more activating the wrong control at the wrong time because you didn't know what it was doing. The 6-digit LCD screen provides informative feedback, including on-screen display of parameters and settings.
Popular DAW Interface
The Code 25 supports the Mackie Control/HUI modes for working with DAWs. The Mackie HUI mapping protocol was created jointly by Mackie and Digidesign in 1997 for the "Mackie HUI" (first hardware control surface for Pro Tools). Since then, this protocol has been adopted by almost all major DAW platforms for a variety of hardware controllers from other manufacturers. It's become a standard across DAWs for MIDI controllers for mapping knobs, faders, buttons, and transport control. The Code 25 fully support this protocol.
Neil Davidge from Massive Attack/Halo 4 gives his opinion on the M-Aude Code Keyboards:
Hess Is More share how they mix the Code series keyboards into their massive sound:
- 25 full-size, velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch and four assignable zones for splits and layering.
- Fully assignable XY pad for HID control and a unique way for controlling multiple parameters in virtual instruments
- 16 fully assignable velocity-sensitive trigger pads for beat production, clip launching, and more
- 4 assignable 360 encoders for manipulating your DAW, virtual instruments and plugins
- 5 assignable faders lets you control your DAW, virtual instruments and plugins
- 5 assignable buttons lets you assign keyboard hotkey and MIDI messages for controlling your DAW and Virtual Instruments
- Mackie/HUI transport control allows for simple setup with the most popular DAWs
- LCD provides instant parameter feedback
- Sustain and Volume pedal input for further creative control
- USB-powered with 5 pin MIDI in and out allows for sending MIDI from PC sequencers to your favorite analog synth
- Includes Ableton Live Lite
- Includes Hybrid 3.0 and Loom by AIR Music Technology
zZounds is an authorized dealer of M-Audio products.