50% Stage Piano, 50% Workstation Synth, 100% Awesome Korg KeyboardBattery-powered and weighing less than 28 pounds, the Korg KROSS 2 88-key synthesizer workstation is the epitome of portable -- for full-size keyboards, anyway. If you're a live performer or gigging musician you will especially like the mobility that the KROSS 2 affords, since you can take it from place to place without breaking your back. Its powerful EDS-i sound engine delivers hundreds of convincing, easy-to-use instrument presets, drum samples, and effects, making the KROSS 2 keyboard the kind of performance synth you can just turn on and play without having to do any major tweaking or sound design work. It's also loaded with tools like a built-in step sequencer derived from the Korg Electribe, 16-track MIDI sequencer, drum track, pad sampler, and arpeggiator that will transform your performance on stage and in the studio.
What's New?Compared with the original KROSS, the KROSS 2 contains more PCM memory, more built-in sounds, and more polyphony, allowing more notes to be played simultaneously. The wider world of available sounds in the KROSS 2 allow you to dial in the exact sound you need quickly, and expanded memory gives you plenty of room to save your user presets. The KROSS 2 now also includes user sampling and sample editing, plus 16 trigger pads for on-the-fly sample triggering. These new and expanded features help narrow the gap between the KROSS and much more expensive keyboards.
EDS-i Sound Engine Provides Lots of Sonic VarietySome keyboards offer a thousand instrument sounds, and some offer a hundred. With 496 multisamples (plus 1014 drum samples), the KROSS finds a happy medium. You get essentials like grand pianos, electric pianos, strings, organ, and synth sounds, as well as some more exotic fare, such as vintage tape sampler, toy piano, and accordion sounds. The KROSS also comes loaded with must-have dance and electronica sounds that are hard to find in this price range. No matter what kind of music you play, the KROSS has a sound (or ten) to back it up. You can use the Sound Selector to find the sounds you want, and use the favorites function to organize them for your next performance.
Freakishly Good FXThe KROSS's EDS-i sound engine allows you to use seven effects simultaneously (five insert effects plus two master effects), giving you plenty of creative control over your sounds. Essential effects such as delay, reverb, chorus, flanger, and rotary speaker are included, as are some unexpected extras, like amp modeling, vocoder voice, and more. Korg's KROSS 2 workstation includes no fewer than 134 high-quality effects.
Straightforward LayoutIt's easy to select sounds, make beats, and create full songs on the KROSS. Its clean layout puts everything you need front and center: volume, instrument/category selector, FX buttons, simple audio recorder functions, split/layer, step sequencer, drums, sample pads, and so forth. The Electribe-style step sequencer gives you hands-on drum editing, and a bright LCD screen lets you see and edit your beats in real time.
MIDI Sequencing and Audio Recording CapabilitiesNeed to capture a guitar melody, vocals, or a quick idea for a song? No problem -- do it directly on the KROSS with the keyboard's built-in stereo audio recorder with mic and line inputs. You can connect instruments or other audio sources and record straight to SD card media, and then incorporate your new audio with the sounds already available on the KROSS. And of course, there's a 16-track MIDI sequencer as well.
Feels Like the Kind of Keyboard You Want to PlayA full bed of 88 natural weighted hammer action keys helps the KROSS feel more like a piano than a portable keyboard, despite the KROSS's super-light, 27-pound build. Play comfortably. When it's time to pack up and go, carry it comfortably, too.
Power Up Anywhere, AnytimeGreat for mobile musicians, the Korg KROSS can be powered either by the included AC adapter or 6 AA batteries. That means the instrument is at home in any location -- even a park bench with no electrical outlets in sight.
Features:- 88-Key piano keyboard ideal for live performance
- Powerful EDS-i sound engine delivers a variety of sounds in various musical styles, with 7 effects available for simultaneous use
- Sound Selector makes it easy to find the perfect sound
- 88 Natural Weighted Hammer Action keys
- Plenty of presets: 496 multisamples and 1014 drum samples
- A total of 134 effects
- Play with 128 songs
- Maximum polyphony: 120 voices (120 oscillators) in Single mode; 60 voices (60 oscillators) in Double mode
- Favorites function lets you register 128 selected sounds or audio songs for instant access
- Stereo audio recorder lets you record and overdub your performances and vocals
- Built-in step sequencer (derived from the Electribe), 16-track MIDI sequencer, drum track, and arpeggiator
- External input jacks allow you to connect a mic or external audio source
- Quick, easy to use Layer/Split function
- Connects to your computer via USB for plug-in integration with a DAW
- Lightweight (27.2 lbs.), portable design -- can be powered by 6 AA batteries
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Korg products.
KROSS 2 88:
Height: 5.35" Width: 57.01" Depth: 15.08"
- 88 keys NH (Natural weighted hammer action) keyboard (no aftertouch)
- Normally A0 - C8 (adjustable in the range A-1...C7) - [A1...C9])
-- Note: The NH keyboard delivers a playing feel similar to that of an acoustic piano, with low notes being heavier and high notes being lighter. System:
- EDS-I Enhanced Definition Synthesis - integratedSound Engine Maximum Polyphony:
- 120 voices (120 oscillators), single mode
- 60 voices (60 oscillators), single modePreset PCM Memory:
- Approximately 128 MB (calculated as 48 kHz / 16-bit linear PCM data equivalent)
- 496 multisamples (including seven stereo), 1014 drumsamples (including 49 stereo) Expansion PCM Memory:
- Approximately 128MB (*when converted to 48 kHz 16-bit linear PCM
-- Used when loading option PCM Program:
- Oscillator: OSC1 (Single), OSC1+2 (Double): Stereo multisamples are supported 4 velocity zones per oscillator, with switching, crossfades and layers.
- Filters: Four types of filter routing (single, serial, parallel, 24 dB)
- Two multi-mode filters per voice (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject)
- Modulation: For each voice, two envelope generators (Filter & Amp), two LFOs, two key tracking generators (Filter & Amp), and two AMS mixers. In addition, pitch EG, common LFO, and two common key tracking generators Combination:
- Timbres: Up to 16 timbres, switchable via key zone or velocity zone, layer and crossfade supported, Tone Adjust function allows program settings to be offset
- Master Keyboard functionality: These allow you to control external MIDI devices Drumkits:
- Stereo and mono drumsamples. 4-way velocity switches with crossfades and adjustable crossfade shapes (Linear, Power, Layer). The Number of Combinations/Programs/Drum Kits:
- User Combinations: 896 Combinations (384 Preload)
- User Programs: 1280 Programs (768 Preload)
- User Drum Kits 58 Drum Kits (42 Preload)
- Preset Programs 265 Programs (256 GM2 Programs + 9 GM2 Drum Programs) Favorites - Number of memories:
- 128 (16 favorites * 8 banks) Effects Insert effects:
- 5 Insert Effects In-line processing; stereo in - stereo out.- Master effects:
- 2 Master Effects Two effects sends; stereo in - stereo out.- Effects types:
- Total of 134 types (select from 74 types for insert effects, 101 types of master effect 1, and 120 types for mast
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed, Black
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 631-390-6800
Korg KROSS 2 Keyboard Synth WorkstationThe sound quality of KORG synthesizers is endorsed by top-ranking musicians around the world. The evolved Korg KROSS 2 88-key Keyboard Synthesizer Workstation expands polyphony from 80 to 120 voices, and dramatically powers-up the number of internal programs from 809 to 1,075 programs. Including multi-layered pianos and electric pianos, thick strings and other new sounds that will work well with any band, as well as the latest drum kits to cover current styles such as EDM. The wide selection of programs covers your needs from live performance to studio production.
Built-in expansion PCM memory, and support for optional librariesThe KROSS 2 now provides 128 MB of built-in expansion PCM memory. By selecting from optional libraries that will be released following KROSS 2, you can expand KROSS 2's internal sounds to meet the needs of your performing style or situation.
The rich expressive power of the EDS-i sound engine, with a full complement of effectsThe high-quality EDS-i Enhanced Definition Synthesis-integrated sound engine is inherited from KORG's professional synthesizers. You can use a total of seven effects units simultaneously: five insert and two master. Rich expressive power is available from the selection of 134 high-quality effects, including standard effects such as delay and reverb as well as amp modeling, vintage effect units, and even a vocoder.
Superb sampling function and a pad samplerAs a first in its class, the KROSS 2 is newly equipped with a unique sampling function that provides 16 playable pads. You can record the input from the LINE IN jack and assign a stereo sample of up to 14 seconds to each pad. Up to four pads can be triggered simultaneously. You can edit the sample waveform using functions such as start/end loop point settings and normalize, and even resample within the KROSS 2, allowing you to perform extensive sampling without requiring any additional equipment. Long audio files from an SD card can also be assigned to these pads.
Straightforward access to the sounds and functions you needIt's easy to get around on KROSS 2, thanks to a user-friendly layout. The panel of the KROSS 2 has been further improved since the first KROSS, ensuring that anyone can quickly access desired sounds and functions from the enormous range of choices.
Features:- A rich selection of more than 1,000 powered-up presets
- 128MB of expansion PCM memory is built-in, and option libraries are supported
- The rich expressive power of the EDS-i sound engine, and a rich selection of effects with 134 types
- Superb sampling functionality and 16 sampler pads
- A panel layout that lets you access functions without confusion
- Realtime control section for quick parameter editing
- Favorite function lets you register and instantly recall up to 128 frequently-used sounds
- Quick layer/split can be specified by a single button
- Ultra-lightweight compact body; the 61-key model weighs only 3.8 kg, the lightest in its class
- Long operating life, with six AA batteries allowing up to seven hours of use
- A color lineup with a peerless finish that exceeds its class
- Audio player/recorder that can be easily triggered by the pads
- Sequencer, drum track, and arpeggiator to support your song production
- A rich array of input jacks for singer-instrumentalists or vocoder performance without requiring additional equipment
- Also functions as a USB audio interface