An Ibanez Fretless Bass with Superb Tone Control
The Ibanez SRF700 Portamento fretless electric bass gives you greater control over the sonic dimensions of your output. The custom bridge is designed with an AeroSilk piezo pickup system that allows you to adjust the volume of each individual string, and two Bartolini MK-1 passive pickups utilize two-band EQ control, a master volume control, and a balance dial to hone in on the exact blend of each pickup. The fretless neck features an extended 30-fret rosewood fingerboard and a neck through body design for a smooth transfer of sound and a comfortable and stable feel.
Hear the full range of upright-like tones that the SRF700 bass delivers in this video from Ibanez:
Bartolini MK-1 Passive Pickups: Powerful Electric Bass Tone
At the SRF700's bridge and neck are a set of Bartolini MK-1 passive pickups. Both of these humbucking pickups feature ceramic magnets for powerful, dynamic output. With a master volume control, two-band EQ controls, and a blend dial, you'll be able to discover a wide reach of different sounds via a few simple tweaks.
AeroSilk Piezo Pickup System: Natural Acoustic Bass Tone
To really get the most out of your Ibanez SRF700 Portamento, be sure to take advantage of the AeroSilk Piezo pickup system built into the plastic saddle at the bridge. This system is designed to enhance the acoustic sound of each note to give your output an upright bass kind of timbre. You can adjust the volume of each string individually by tweaking recessed controls on the back of your SRF700 Portamento's body.
Five-Piece Maple/Bubinga Neck
As tonewoods, maple and bubinga work together to resonate an evenly balanced tone. Bubinga is a slightly denser wood, exhibiting a similar sound to rosewood by pushing the mids and lows. Maple, on the other hand, brings in a rounded brightness that'll add a little snap to the mix. The neck runs the length of the body, and is topped by an extended "30-fret" rosewood fingerboard that lets you fingers travel all the way up to the neck pickup for even more tonal expression.
Mahogany Body with Loads of Sustain
Your output will boast plenty of warmth and depth, thanks to the Ibanez SRF700's mahogany body wings. Mahogany pushes the low and middle frequencies and generates a heavy dose of sustain, no matter where your fingers play on the neck. The winged SR body shape is curvy and comfy and features a deep cutaway that allows your fingers to slide to those higher notes with ease.
- Electric fretless bass guitar
- SR body shape
- Dark-sounding mahogany body
- Five piece maple/bubinga neck -- fretless
- Scale length of 34"
- Neck-through-body design
- Extended 30-fret rosewood fingerboard for upper registry access
- Bartolini MK-1 passive pickup at the neck
- Bartolini MK-1 passive pickup at the bridge
- AeroSilk Piezo pickup system at bridge
- One master volume control for piezo pickup system
- One tone control for piezo pickup system
- One master volume control for your Bartolini MK-1 pickups
- One pickup balance control
- Two band EQ controls for your Bartolini MK-1 pickups
- Black chrome tuners
"Portamento" means a slide from one note to another, and that's exactly what this Ibanez fretless bass invites you to do.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Ibanez products.
- Neck type: SRF4 5pc Maple/Bubinga Neck-thru
- Body: Mahogany wing body
- Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard
- Fret: Fretless
- Bridge Hardware: Custom bridge for AeroSilk Piezo system
- Pickups: Bartolini MK1-4 neck, Bartolini MK1-4 bridge, AeroSilk Piezo system
- EQ: 2-band eq for Bartolini MK1 pickups, Active tone control for AeroSilk Piezo system
- Factory tuning: G,D,A,E
- String Gauge:.045/.065/.080/.100 (Flat wound)
- Hardware: Cosmo black
- Scale: 34"
- Width at Nut: 38mm
- Width at Last Fret: 62mm
- Thickness at 1st: 21.5mm
- Thickness at 12th: 23.5mm
- Radius: 305mmR
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Brown Burst Flat
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Brown Burst, with Case