For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
- The 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck provides tonal clarity and superior attack.
- Rosewood provides a well-balanced solid tone with a focused mid range.
- Medium sized frets enhance the accuracy of your notes.
- The Ash body wood imbues this bass guitar with an exotic appearance and delivers a pleasant brightness and rich sustain.
- Nordstrand "Big Break" pickups cram a meaty split coil into a soapbar-style pickup, producing a full-bodied, powerful, aggressive tonal texture, while still retaining the clarity that's characteristic of single coil tone with noiseless performance.
- The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ is our latest refinement on the concept of simple, straightforward, no-nonsense EQ control. The Boost and Cut for the Mid Control are each centered on slightly different frequencies, an innovation that delivers a preset range of the most favorable bass tones.
- The Accu-cast B500 bridge has adjustable saddles for variable string spacing by +/- 1.5mm, answering every bassist's specific string spacing needs.
- The EQ bypass control offers precision tonal adjustments, including a switch to choose passive-only…
operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
- The 3-way Mid frequency switch allow players to change the mid-tone between 250, 450, and 700 Hz.