Tear Up the Stage with this Stunning Steve Vai Signature Guitar
The Ibanez Steve Vai JEM Junior electric guitar delivers to a broader fan base the iconic look, feel, and all-around style of the legendary JEM axe that Steve and Ibanez forged when they joined forces back in the late '80s. A warm resonating mahogany body houses two Quantum humbuckers and a Quantum single-coil pickup in the middle, and a silky smooth Wizard II maple neck boasts an elegant Tree of Life fingerboard inlay under 24 frets of addicting playability. If you want to push your fingers to the max in classic Steve Vai style, this is the axe for you.
Iconic JEM Body Shape
Steve Vai began designing guitars with Ibanez back in '87 when the duo released the first Ibanez JEM. The JEM series axes were greatly influenced by the "Superstrat" style of the early '80s. Your JEM Junior features a sleek double cutaway to give your hand easy access to those ear-piercing higher frets, and the slick and comfortably shaped mahogany body harnesses a warm and dark resonance that pushes the lows and mids nicely.
Lightning-Fast Wizard II Neck
The Wizard II neck is the appendage your fingers have been waiting for if they're hungry for some serious speed. All 24 frets yield an incredibly addicting and effortless playability no matter how high or low you play. The jatoba fingerboard features a stylish Tree of Life design that stretches all the way up to the Quantum humbucker in the neck position.
Troves of Tone from Quantum Pickups
Your Steve Vai JEM Junior electric axe features two Quantum humbuckers and a Quantum single-coil pickup in the middle position. All three of these baddies fuel a hot and precise output ideal for the shredding enthusiast. The pickup selector blade features five settings -- neck humbucker only, neck as single-coil and middle single-coil, middle single-coil only, middle single-coil and bridge as single-coil, and bridge humbucker only. You'll never get bored with the heavy load of versatile tone this axe can produce.
Double-Locked and Ready to Rock
Your JEM Junior's double locking bridge/tremolo system allows you to bend your strings to their limits or dive them as low as possible without losing any intonation throughout your set. Get your strings tuned up, lock the screws at the nut, then make your fine-tune adjustments with the screws at the bridge. After that, you'll be ready to shred 'til your fingers ache.
- Steve Vai signature electric guitar
- Iconic JEM body shape
- Warm sounding mahogany body
- Maple "Wizard III" neck
- Smooth jatoba fingerboard
- 24 frets
- Scale length of 25.5"
- Attractive Tree of Life fingerboard inlay
- Locking nut
- Quantum humbucker at the neck -- passive with ceramic magnet
- Quantu single-coil pickup in the middle -- active with alnico magnet
- Quantum humbucker at the bridge -- passive with ceramic magnet
- One master volume control
- One tone control
- Five-setting pickup selector switch
- Secure double locking bridge
- Cosmo black tuners
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Ibanez products.
- Neck type: Wizard Maple neck
- Body: Mahogany body
- Fretboard: Jatoba fretboard w/Tree of Life inlay
- Fret: Jumbo frets
- Bridge: Std. DL tremolo bridge
- Neck pickup: Quantum (H) neck pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- Middle pickup: Quantum (S) mid pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- Bridge pickup: Quantum (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- Hardware color: Cosmo black
a : Width at Nut 43mm
b : Width at Last Fret 58mm
c : Thickness at 1st 19mm
d : Thickness at 12th 21mm
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- White, with Orange Crush CR60C Combo Amp