Josh Smith knows the guitar. Considered a blues guitar prodigy at the early age of 12, Josh cut his teeth playing with some of the greats before he was even old enough to drive. As an accomplished artist today, Josh has become known for his fiery live performances, where he is able to blend the blues, jazz and country music together effortlessly, all while showcasing a mastery level of guitar playing.
Through his diverse catalog of records that Josh has released as a band leader and his storied work as a sideman, Josh has proven may times over that his style and sound is borderless cannot be boxed in. Josh and Ibanez worked tirelessly on designing a guitar that he could rely on and that would be able to handle all of the places that Josh can take it to musically. Josh and Ibanez are both proud to present that guitar, the Ibanez Flat V.
- The Flat V neck features a 'Soft V' neck grip shape that blends the charm of a classic neck shape with a modern feel. This enables the neck to feel both substantial and comfortable to the player. The S-TECH Roasted Maple neck is constructed with 1 piece, and is the perfect combination of form and function.
- The S-TECH special roasted treatment provides a superior attack, a well-balanced tone and a rich sustain. In order to achieve supreme neck grip comfort, the fretboard edge is finished with a smooth curve.
- Medium sized frets enhance the accuracy of your notes. Prestige Fret Edge Treatment guarantees…
effortlessly fast playing.
- The Ash body delivers a pleasant brightness and rich sustain.
- Josh's signature pickup set from Seymour Duncan feature a vintage style neck pickup with slightly increased output to adhere to Josh's exacting tonal specifications, paired with a bridge pickup that is constructed with a mix of different types of Alnico magnets to best match the tone that Josh has relied on for years, and is able to capture guitar sounds that are both bright and fat.
- Gotoh machine heads provide super precision, smooth feel, and minimal back lush.
- The Gotoh F1803 bridge improves sustain and tuning stability.
- Ibanez Hardshell case gives you extreme protects for your be-loved instrument.
- Gotoh/Ibanez co-designed "In-Tune" saddles. These saddles are equipped with grooves which actively prevent each string from slipping to the side. The saddles also feature rounded edges and deeper grooves on 1st and 6th strings, which means much less saddle tilting is required to adjust the string height, and equal string spacing is more easily achieved. Additionally, the saddles are designed with pre-calculated "intonation points" where the string touches the saddle, allowing each string to have and maintain precise intonation. The 10.5mm string spacing allows for easy picking across strings. The saddles themselves are made of titanium for maximum tonal clarity.
- Control plate specially designed for AZS series. This control plate is curved for easier access to all the knobs and switches, without sacrificing its traditional appearance.
- Specially designed control knobs allow that feature extra knurl for more responsive control.
- A non-contoured 'slab' style AZS body, allowing for a classic look and feel.
- Flat V joint heel. This neck joint and heel offer a feel that is reminiscent of the golden era of guitar design, with the four-bolt metal neck plate adding extra strength and stability.