Ibanez has historically offered acoustic instruments that electric guitarists would find inviting and easy to play. Altstar models are the perfect option for the aspiring electric player with a drive to explore the world of acoustic guitars. The Altstar series features a compact dreadnought body, 15.7" fingerboard radius, tighter string spacing and 25.5" scale neck, all designed to offer electric guitarists a seamless transition to acoustic playing.
The single-cut Altstar also features a neck joint at the 16th fret, rather than the 12th fret, affording unparalleled upper fret access. Whether you're just looking to delve into the world of acoustic guitars, or you are seeking a quieter practice option while maintaining an electric guitar feel, this is your axe!
- The Maple neck provides stability and bright tonal character.
- A Walnut fretboard features a well-balanced tonal character from low to high end.
- The Sapele top delivers a warm, full tone.
- Sapele back and sides offer a full-bodied and warm mid-range and a bright tone.
- The Ibanez T-bar Undersaddle pickup accurately translates that full sound to whatever amplification system you plug it into.
- The AEQ-2UT preamp features a convenient onboard tuner.
- The Walnut bridge transfers string vibration directly to the body, delivering a natural and warm tone.
- Advantage pins are easier to take out and easier to put in than standard pins. A special bulb-shaped end makes the pin easy to grip and also…
prevents the pin from being pushed in too far. Best of all, with Advantage the pin and string stay put.