Tuxedo Looks, Outlaw Sound!Far from a flightless bird, the Gretsch White Penguin is ready to soar with a design that marries the best of Gretsch's legacy with its more contemporary offerings. Outfitted with DynaSonic pickups and gold hardware throughout, this bird is dressed to kill.
Iconic and Sleek DesignWith its arched, laminated maple top and semi-hollow mahogany body, the White Penguin rings out with sustained resonance all too familiar to anyone who's played a classic Gretsch. The single-cutaway design shows off the Penguin's more modern sensibilities, however -- inviting players who want to take country and rockabilly in new directions. A one-piece mahogany neck is set into the body and capped off with an ebony fretboard for a swift playing experience.
DynaSonic Pickups Provide Shimmering SoundThe engine driving the White Penguin's sound is an electronics circuit powered by two DynaSonic single-coil pickups. Designed by Gretsch, the DynaSonics have become known for their clear, crisp highs and tight low-end response -- a natural fit for those throaty, country chicken-pickin' sounds. DynaSonic pickups are also appreciated by tone tweakers for their fully adjustable pole pieces, which offer even more opportunities to craft unique dynamics. Three-way pickup switching gives you a range from rounded neck tones to bridge twang, and the sweet, out-of-phase sound of the two pickups combined.
Gold Appointments Add ClassThere is no lack of style on the White Penguin. From the banjo armrest that cups the guitar's lower bout, to the dramatic Gretsch "G" Cadillac tailpiece, all the way to the Grover Imperial tuners, the White Penguin is clad in gold-covered design elements. The Space Control roller bridge is about more than looks: it lets you independently adjust string spacing to suit your playing style.
Features:- Single cutaway design
- Arched laminated maple top
- Semi-hollow mahogany body
- One-piece mahogany neck
- Ebony fretboard
- Dynasonic single-coil pickups in bridge and neck position
- Space Control roller bridge
- Gretsch "G" Cadillac tailpiece
- Grover Imperial tuners
- Body, headstock, and neck binding
- Knurled strap retainer knobs
- Gold plexi pickguard with penguin logo
- Banjo armrest
- Gold-plated hardware
- Hardshell case included
Dive into elegance with the Gretsch White Penguin.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gretsch products.
- Model Name: G6134, White Penguin
- Model Number: 241-0509-(805)
- Series: Professional Collection
- Colors: (805) White, (G6134)
- Category: Solid Body Guitars
- Body Style: Single Cutaway
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625mm)
- Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Bracing: N/A
- Back And Sides: Semi-Hollow Mahogany Body, 13.25" Wide, 1.75" Deep
- Neck: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Pickups: 2 Dynasonic Single-Coil Pickups
Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups
- Position 3. Neck Pickup
Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup),
Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup),
- Width At Nut: 1-11/16" (43mm)
- Fretboard: Ebony, 12" Radius (305mm)
- Bridge: Ebony-Based Space Controltm Roller-Bridge
- Tailpiece: Gretsch "G" Cadillac Tailpiece
- Hardware: Gold-Plated
- Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Case: Includes G6238 Deluxe Hardshell Case, Us Msrp $220.00
- No. Of Frets: 22
- Machine Heads: Grover Imperialtm Gold-Plated Die-Cast Tuners
Unique Features: Inlaid Hump Block Position Markers With Feather Motif,
Gold Sparkle Bound Fingerboard And Headstock,
Multiple Body Binding With Gold Sparkles,
Inlaid Winged Gretsch Logo On Headstock,
Gold Plexi Pickguard With Penguin Motif,
Rhinestone And White Dot Inlays On Control Knobs,
Gold Sparkle Truss Rod Cover,
Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs,
Adjustable Truss Rod
Note: Specifications Subject To Change Without Notice.
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 480-596-9690
Gretsch G6134 White Penguin GuitarA veritable holy grail among classic electric guitar aficionados, the Gretsch White Penguin combines the gold and glitter of the Falcon with the sleek style of the Duo Jet. Features include single-cutaway chambered body with arched top and gold-sparkle binding, one-piece mahogany neck, gold-sparkle-bound ebony fingerboard with feather-motif hump block inlays, gold-sparkle-bound headstock with inlaid winged Gretsch logo and gold-sparkle truss rod cover, dual DynaSonic single-coil pickups, three-position pickup switch, gold plexi pickguard with Penguin motif, rhinestone and white dot control knob inlays, Synchro-Sonic bridge, Gretsch "G" Cadillac tailpiece, gold-plated Grover Imperial tuners, banjo armrest and gold-plated hardware.