Warm, Round Shouldered Acoustic Tone
Since its introduction in 1936, the Gibson J-35 acoustic guitar has been the go-to dreadnought guitar for singers and songwriters. Gibson's classic round-shoulder flat-top acoustic produces luscious full-bodied overtones, thanks to the combination of a spruce top with mahogany back and sides. Whether you're singing on stage or strumming around the campfire, the Gibson J-35 provides warm, acoustic tones no other instrument can conjure.
Learn more about the Gibson J-35 with this video:
The Gibson J-35 features a short-scale 24 and 3/4" fingerboard with 20 frets. This compact design makes it easier to reach open chords with your left hand while strumming with your right. It also brings the frets slightly closer together so it's quicker to get from the 1st octave to the 2nd, making this classic dreadnought super-comfortable to play.
If you're in the market for a dreadnought, then you're looking for a loud instrument with rich, deep tonal character. The Gibson J-35 benefits from over a hundred years of guitar-crafting experience -- resulting in a charmingly organic instrument. Get your hands on a Gibson J-35 and hear for yourself: the combination of a spruce top with mahogany back and sides combined with a jumbo resonating chamber grant rich, natural tones you can only get from a dreadnought.
Selective design and a keen attention to detail have made the J-35 desirable to guitarists for generations. This 100% American-made acoustic guitar continues the tradition of fine craftsmanship with solid tonewood construction. Throw in mother-of-pearl dot inlays and a rosewood bridge and fingerboard, and you've got a instrument that looks just as great as it sounds.
- Round-shouldered flat-top jumbo acoustic-electric guitar
- Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides
- Mahogany neck
- Rosewood 24 3/4" scale fingerboard with 12" radius
- 20 frets with 1/4" mother of pearl dot inlays
- Rosewood bridge
- '40s style firestripe pickguard
- Black headstock with gold decal
- Vintage white button tuners with nickel-plated hardware
- Finished in hand-sprayed nitrocellulose lacquer
- L.R. Baggs Element pickup
- Hardshell case and Gibson .011-.052 light gauge strings included
- Made in USA
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Gibson products.