A Cordless, Battery-Powered MIDI Controller Pickup for Guitar!
The Fishman TriplePlay Wireless Guitar Controller is a cordless, battery powered, hexaphonic or synth pickup that mounts easily and non-destructively on any steel-stringed electric guitar. So take your guitar on a walk -- no cables required -- and simply play to control a synth on your laptop. The TriplePlay has a wireless range of about 100 feet from the USB receiver so you'll have plenty of room to mosey as you explore the versatility the TriplePlay wireless controller adds to your axe. You can always plug in an analog cable to hear your original guitar pickups -- and even mix the two audio streams together right from your guitar.
Learn more about the Fishman TriplePlay with this video:
Wireless MIDI For Guitar
With the Fishman TriplePlay system, connecting your guitar to your digital music setup is a breeze. Just plug the provided USB transceiver into your computer and sync it with the control module on the guitar pickup. Now your guitar will appear on your machine as a MIDI instrument and you can use it to control any virtual instrument in your library. You can even divide your fretboard such that different strings or even different frets control different virtual instruments, allowing you to control an entire miniature orchestra directly from your guitar.
See the Fishman TriplePlay in action:
Compose, Perform, Record
The "triple" in Fishman TriplePlay stands for compose, perform, record -- three operations which have now been unified thanks to Fishman's hexaphonic pickup and wireless transceiver. For example, when connected to your computer running the provided TriplePlay software, notes you pluck on you guitar will appear in real time onscreen on your computer. You can even set the software to automatically transpose notes you play into standard music notation without you even having to stop playing to write down a single note. Three essential music operations which used to happen separately -- composition, performance, and recording -- now all happen simultaneously thanks to the Fishman TriplePlay system. All you have to do is play -- the TriplePlay takes care of the rest.
- Wireless MIDI USB controller with hexaphonic pickup for electric guitar
- Play through your guitar pickups, control a synth from your laptop, or both!
- Easily mounts non-destructively to any guitar and can be easily removed
- Wireless technology unleashes your guitar from the amp stack and lets you go anywhere
- Integrates seamlessly with most common DAWs and virtual instruments
- Divide your strings or frets to control different virtual instruments from one guitar
- Low profile design (less than 1/2 inch) allows it to conveniently fit in most guitar cases
- Over 100 foot wireless receiver range
- Includes guitar, synth, mix switch, synth pickup volume control, and D-pad for menu navigation
- Wireless USB receiver work with Mac- and PC-based computers as well as iOS devices
- Package includes wireless controller, hexaphonic pickup, wireless USB receiver, mounting brackets and hardware, fast charge power pack, USB charging cable, and software bundle
- Software bundle includes Native Instruments Komplete Elements and GuitarRig LE, Notion Music Progression 2, IK Multimedia SampleTank 2 XT and AmpliTube Custom Shop, and PreSonus Studio One Artist TriplePlay Edition
- Powered via included rechargeable lithium ion battery (charges via USB cable)
- Battery life estimated at over 20 hours for a fresh charge
- Pickup height adjustable between 0.35 inches to 0.58 inches at the center
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fishman products.
- Material: Durable composite and metal finish
- RF Range: 100 feet*
- Controller Dimensions: 3.25" H (82.5mm) x 2.93" W (74.4mm) x 0.51" D (12.9mm)
- Power: Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery
- Battery Life: Over 20 hours
- Pickup Dimensions: 4.11" L (104.4mm) x 0.34" W (8.6mm)
- Pickup Height Adjustable Range: .35" min. (8.9mm) to .58" (14.7mm) max. from tallest point between G & D strings
- * Performance may vary - North American model only.Wireless USB Receiver:
- Processor: 16-bit processing
- Material: Durable composite
- Dimensions: 2.7" H (68.6mm) x .82" W (20.8mm) x .36" D (9.1mm)
- Power: USB PowerSystem Requirements:
- Internet: Standard broadband connection to download and authenticate software
- Hardware: 4 GB of RAM and 10 GB free hard drive space
- Platforms: Windows 7 or later , OS X 10.6.0 or later
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 978-988-9199
Fishman TriplePlay Wireless ControllerThe Fishman TriplePlay presents the best MIDI guitar controller technology the world has seen, expanding the creative possibilities of the guitar for enthusiasts and experienced musicians alike. Adding value to one of the most innovative breakthroughs in music product and MIDI-based technology, TriplePlay ships with a comprehensive suite of full version software from PreSonus (StudioOne Artist), Native Instruments (Kontakt Elements and GuitarRig LE), IK Multimedia (SampleTank and Amplitude Custom Shop) and Notion Music (PROGRESSION 2).
As you're no doubt aware, TriplePlay is conceived and designed to make composing, performance and recording easy and fun. Its slim, intuitive form factor lets guitarists get to an unlimited palette of instruments and sounds at their fingertips, all with the freedom of wireless control via MIDI. The creative and sonic possibilities are endless.
With TriplePlay and PROGRESSION 2, guitarists can write music in guitar tab or notation for lead sheets and sheet music, and hear it play back instantly with real instrument samples and an audio track of their work. Changes to tab, notation, key or tempo can be made quickly and easily.
Combined with TriplePlay in live performance, Kontakt Elements and SampleTank XE frees guitarists to play with any virtual instrument or hardware synthesizer with faster, more accurate tracking that virtually eliminates lag. Features include sustain and looping functions with support for MIDI footswitches and controllers. A virtually unlimited supply of guitar, tone and effects and amplifier modeling options are available with GuitarRig LE and Amplitude software.
TriplePlay quickly and easily becomes a complete music recording and production tool that allows the guitar to be seamlessly integrated with a favorite DAW running on a PC, Mac or iPad. Using PreSonus StudioOne, guitarists can build entire arrangements with drums, bass, keyboards, horns, strings, voices and more, wirelessly. Guitarists can play along with backing tracks to record, enhance live performances, and make practicing easier and more entertaining.
TriplePlay comes equipped with a wireless controller, hexaphonic pickup, and wireless USB receiver. The controller and pickup can be quickly installed or removed on virtually any electric guitar with no permanent installation necessary.
A low profile design (less than .5") allows the Controller to be left on the guitar and still fit in the case. It operates with a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery (included). TriplePlay's powered USB Wireless Receiver interfaces with computers and iOS devices.
Unlock your guitar's potential!TriplePlay is the composing, performing and recording system that puts an unlimited palette of instruments and sounds at your fingertips - all with the freedom of wireless control. Compose music with unparalleled tonal options. Easily share arrangements with your band. Switch between instruments, or play up to four instruments at the same time. Teach or learn faster with accurate notation. Create video soundtracks. Mix your own samples, beats, loops and tracks.
Easy to useThe controller's durable, low profile design fits neatly behind your guitar's bridge, and it's wireless, so no heavy 13-pin cables to trip over. The rechargeable Lithium Ion battery has over 20 hours of life - plenty of juice for a full day of composing and a night of gigging. Accessible onboard menu navigation buttons, volume control, and the guitar/mix/synth switch make it easy to change settings or instruments during performances.
Easy setup, easy removalTriplePlay can be installed or removed quickly, on virtually any electric guitar, with no permanent installation necessary. Mounting hardward included.
Complete Software Suite IncludedTriplePlay comes complete with all the software you'll need for recording, editing and playing back your music. Take full advantage of powerful MIDI features with your guitar. With the easy and blazingly fast note encoding, preset editor and mixing console, you'll be mixing your own music in no time. Includes full versions of:
- Native Instruments - Kontakt Elements and GuitarRig LE
- Notion Music - PROGRESSION
- IK Multimedia - SampleTank 2 XT and AmpliTube Custom Shop
- PreSonus - Studio One Artist TriplePlay Edition
Features:- Two input channels with 3-band EQ
- Includes Wireless Controller, Hexaphonic Pickup, and Wireless USB Receiver, mounting brackets and hardware, fast charge power pack, and USB charging cable
- Wireless technology eliminates proprietary bulky cables
- Works with industry standard DAWs and Virtual Instruments
- Unique "hold" feature and string or fret splits with multiple instruments
- Simple to install on your electric guitar and can be easily removed
- Low profile design (less than .5") can be left on your guitar and still fit in its case
- Over 100 foot range
- Operates with rechargeable Lithium Ion battery (included)
- Menu navigation controls
- Guitar, Mix, Synth switch easily accessible while performing
- Guitar synthesizer volume control
- USB powered wireless receiver interfaces to computer or iOS device
- Includes comprehensive software suite to get you started
zZounds Expert Review
Some purists may scoff at implementing MIDI in to their otherwise pristine signal path. Hey, I get that, I'm the same way. If I'm modeling my tone, I'll go all out; if I'm tracking on a classic amp worth twice my life, I'll keep it all analog. The Fishman TriplePlay Wireless Controller has impressed me in so many different ways, starting from its ease of use to its pristine note tracking while performing. This simple-to-mount pickup lives between your bridge and your bridge pickup and sends those vibrating strings to a wireless transmitter out to your computer. That's the least impressive part about the Fishman TriplePlay system. Pull this up on your computer and the user-customizable fun begins. Want the bass strings to sound like a classic organ bass line with a little key click? Done. Treble side to be a baritone sax? Gotcha. These are just two simple examples that come included with this loaded package. You get literally hundreds upon hundreds of VST tones to be implemented in your