Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 USB 2.0 Interface
For duos and trios, Scarlett 6i6 captures your group's unique sound: record with 2 Focusrite mic pres, 2 line inputs, S/PDIF, and set up multiple monitor mixes.
The Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 is a 6 in/6 out audio interface that connects to your PC, Mac or iPad via USB 2.0. It has two award winning Focusrite microphone preamplifiers, which deliver superb quality recordings from microphones and instruments, straight into your computer or iPad (Apple Camera Connection Kit required with iPad).
Learn more with this interactive video from Focusrite:
Focusrite: Over 25 years of audio excellence
Focusrite was commissioned to make its first no-holds-barred microphone preamps by Sir George Martin for his Air Studio facility in London. Over the following 25 years Focusrite designed some of the finest mic preamps in the music industry, and in recent years has developed a series of best-selling audio interfaces for people who really care about sound.
See and hear the 6i6 on vocals, bass and electric piano in this video from Focusrite:
Perfect for Producers and Bands
Scarlett 6i6 is perfect for producers, recording artists or small bands. Featuring two award-winning Focusrite mic preamps and a stereo line input, 6i6 is great for recording vocals, guitar and a stage piano simultaneously. With the four balanced outputs, connect up to two sets of stereo monitors, and use the S/PDIF I/O for connecting digital sources. There are also two built-in headphone outputs with separate volume controls so multiple recording artists can listen to the mixes they need to get the best take. The inputs and outputs feature precision 24 bit A-D, D-A conversion at up to 96 kHz in order to get the most accurate signal possible into and out of your computer.
The outer case is a tough aluminium extrusion, which protects the components inside. There is a large main monitor control knob as well as two dedicated gain knobs for each mic input, each with two colour gain halos which light up green to indicate that sound is detected, and red if the level is too high. Both mic inputs can be switched between instrument, line and microphone, and a pad can switched-in to cope with high-level inputs.
Scarlett 6i6 works with Mac, PC and iPad (using an Apple camera Connection Kit -- available separately from Apple). It comes with a bundle of included software. Scarlett MixControl is a software control panel for routing the inputs and outputs, and accessing additional features on the hardware. It also comes with Ableton Live Lite: revolutionary production and performance software that can be used to record and playback audio in a totally unique way. The Scarlett Plug-in Suite is also included, supplying EQ, compression and reverb to professionalize your mixes.
Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite plus Softube Time and Tone Pack
In addition to the Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite, all Scarlett audio interfaces include the Softube Time and Tone Pack. This is a unique plug-in bundle, comprised of Softube's world class TSAR-1R reverb, Tube Delay, and Saturation Knob.
Check out our overview of the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 USB 2.0 Audio Interface:
- Two award-winning Focusrite mic preamps: The best sounding interface in its class. Focusrite's 25-year underpins this interface with two award-winning preamps
- High quality 24bit 96KHz audio interface for Mac, PC and iPad: 6i6 features professional conversion technology guaranteeing pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization on Mac, PC and iPad (or any iOS device)
- 6 inputs and 6 outputs: All of the analogue and digital inputs you need for home multi-track recording. No need for breakout cables - every analogue input & output has a dedicated socket
- Two headphone outputs with seperate level controls: With two headphone mixes the engineer and the artist can both listen to the mix levels they need
- Rugged metal unibody chassis: Whether you are in the studio or on the road your Scarlett 6i6 will not only look great, but also withstand the impacts sustained by a mobile recording rig
- Unique gain halos for safeguarding your levels: Unique gain halo indicators make it clear when you have a good signal for recording. When the halos are green you have a good level, and when they turn red it means you need to turn the gain down.
- Large main monitor control: A large main monitor control knob keeps your volume level right at your fingertips
- Scarlett MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer and router: Scarlet MixControl Provides a 6 x 6 DSP mixer with flexible routing capabilities
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Focusrite products.