Fluid Audio FPX7 Active Studio Monitor
Fluid Audio's FPX-7 Studio Reference Monitor features the world's first coaxial driver with ribbon tweeter.
The Fluid Audio FPX7 produces the most accurate monitoring experience in its price range. With its lightning-fast response, the AMT (ribbon) tweeter provides detail and depth only seen in professional studios. What makes the FPX7 so unique, however, is that the AMT tweeter is mounted in the center of the woofer, which makes this speaker the first of its kind.
Coaxial drivers provide accuracy and detail because all the frequencies radiate from the exact same position in space. This is critical for accurate off-axis response, as well as phase coherence. The AMT tweeter is mounted to a custom designed waveguide, which provides wide dispersion and an expansive sweet spot. The complex, DSP-controlled crossover provides a perfect blending of the woofer to the AMT tweeter, and ensures that there is effectively zero variance speaker-to-speaker. The "engine" is DSP powered.
- Seamless, transparent response in a compact footprint
- 7" composite cone, low-frequency driver
- Air motion transformer (ribbon) tweeter provides an extremely fast and accurate response
- Bi-amplified 140Watt Class A/B amplification (90w woofer/50w AMT tweeter)
- Acoustic Space Control lets you calibrate the FPX7 to your mixing environment ( 0, -2, -4db )
- Tweeter high frequency trim control ( +2, 0, -2db )
- Fader Volume control on front baffle for easy access
- 42Hz - 27kHz frequency response
- Front loaded slot port for directional bass response
- Amplifier standby function to conserve energy
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fluid Audio products.