Fender Custom Limited Edition NoCaster
Here's a chance to own a highly collectible guitar. Hand-selected by us at the invitation-only Fender Custom Shop event at 2017 NAMM, this Fender Custom Limited Edition 51 NoCaster Heavy Relic Electric Guitar represents one of a very limited number ever made with this set of features. Mojo, vibe, and coolness are some of the words often used to describe a vintage Fender guitar that has not only seen history, but also made history. From the genesis of solidbody electric guitars in 1950 to the unleashing of the popular Relic guitars, Fender has been there for the momentous events that defined guitar culture.
The Fender Custom Shop 1951 Nocaster Heavy Relic takes you straight back to the dawn of a new era, when a brand-new and revolutionary electric guitar from a feisty Southern California upstart company heralded incredible musical things to come. Full of authentic Fender sound, the thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish allows the body to "breathe" with unrestrained resonance. With a warm-sounding brass 3-saddle bridge and meticulously hand wound, blistering hot Custom Shop Texas Special nickel silver covered neck pickup matched with a hand wound, shimmering original Custom Shop NoCaster pickup in the bridge position, this guitar twangs, whispers and growls with aplomb. A smooth-feeling Heavy Relic neck with the slightest hint of finish on the back and worn fingerboard tells an individual story. The highly resonant thin-coated Relic body appears to bear the "battle scars" from countless gigs, echoing innumerable hours of strumming and picking
Other premium features include a lightweight Ash body, one-piece tinted maple neck with '51 Nocaster "U"-shaped profile, modern 9.5" fingerboard radius with 6105 frets, Custom Shop handwound pickups, modern wiring with Greasebucket Tone Circuit, vintage single-ply black pickguard, bone nut and vintage-style hardware. Includes a Custom Shop 30th Anniversary 1987-2017 decal as well as an engraved "Limited Edition" neck plate, Certificate of Authenticity and deluxe hardshell case.
Each Custom Shop Limited Edition instrument is only available for a short time, which makes it eminently collectible and adds to its investment value. Crafted with many features reserved only for certain artists and masterbuilt instruments, they are just what the name says they are: highly anticipated limited edition models that go very quickly.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Model Number: 9239990833
- Series: Custom Limited
- Color: Faded NoCaster Blonde, Heavy Relic Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Body Material: 2-Piece Lightweight Ash
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: NoCaster "U" Back Shape, (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt "Limited Edition" Engraved
- Neck Finish: Heavy Relic Tinted Lacquer
- Fingerboard: None
- Position Inlays: Black Micarta Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '51 NoCaster Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: Modern Tele Wiring with Greasebucket Tone Circuit
- Bridge: '51-'54 Tele with 3 Brass Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Phenolic Pickguard
- Control Knobs: NoCaster Knurled Relic
- Strings: NPS, .010-.046 Gauges
- Special Features: Silver Fender Decal, Custom Shop Handwound Pickups, "U" Shape Maple Neck, Vintage Single-Disc String Guide, Modern Wiring Circuit, NoCaster Knurled Knobs, "Barrel" Switch Tip, Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish, Relic Finish Shows Natural Wear and Tear of Years of Heavy Use, Nicks, Scratches, Worn Finish, Rusty Hardware and Aged Plastic Parts.
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Tweed Hardshell Case, Relic Ashtray Bridge Cover, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):