Fender American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster
The Fender American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster takes you back to the middle of that musically momentous decade, when the reverb-drenched surf had largely receded and the Jazzmaster began its steady decade-long ascent toward alternative indispensability for many subversive generations of iconoclastic guitarists. It had also acquired some elegant design features by 1965, such as a bound round-laminated rosewood fingerboard with larger pearl dot inlays, and distinctive white "witch hat" control knobs. Available in Three-color Sunburst and limited Aztec Gold finishes.
The American Vintage series welcomes this lineup of original-era model year guitars that bring Fender history and heritage to life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, the American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender's roots--expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender's best selling guitars (their early-'80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with fresh features, hotter specs, and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, they've completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept--restoring original tooling dies, pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more--based on actual vintage guitars they tracked down to make sure they had it right. Fender did the work, and it shows, because there's pure tonal magic in each American Vintage instrument.
See the '65 Jazzmaster in action with this video from Fender:
Check out this video for an overview of the American Vintage Series:
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Model Name: American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster(R)
- Series: American VintageBody:
- Body: alder
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster(R)
- Body Finish: (0112200800, 0112200878), New Fender Flash Coat LacquerNeck:
- Neck Shape: Mid '60s "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: vintage style frets
- Fretboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
- Fretboard: bound round-laminated rosewood
- Neck Material: maple
- Neck Finish: new Fender Flash Coat lacquer
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Truss Rods: vintage-style heel adjustElectronics:
- Pickup Configuration: S/S
- Bridge Pickup: New American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster(R) (Bridge)
- Neck Pickup: New American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster(R) (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup; 2-Position Slide: Up: Rhythm Tone Circuit, Down: Lead Tone Circuit
- Controls: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone; "Rhythm" Circuit: Volume, ToneHardware:
- Hardware: chrome
- Bridge: vintage style floating tremolo with tremolo lock button
- String Nut: bone
- Tuning Machines: single line "Fender Deluxe" vintage styleMiscellaneous:
- Strings: Fender(R) USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Bound round-laminated rosewood fingerboard with larger pearl dot inlays; white "witch hat" control knobs; all-new pickups wound to period-correct specs and sound, with classic dual-circuit wiring and controls; Vintage-style floating tremolo with lock buttonAccessories:
- Case/Gig Bag: new deluxe vintage black case
- Pickguards: (800) 4-Ply brown shell
- (878) 3-Ply eggshell with vintage bevel
- Included Accessories: vintage '65 Jazz strap, cable, and cloth; flatwound string set, '60s Jazz information kit, bridge cover, vintage and modern owner's manuals, saddle height wrench
- Control Knobs: new white "Witch Hat"
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers