A Tribute To The Roots of Rock And Roll!
Fender is taking a page from its own history book with the American Vintage '59 Stratocaster series of electric guitars. These are period-accurate recreations of the very instruments which helped shape the sound of early rock and roll. Equipped with specially wound Stratocaster pickups true to the specifications used in the late fifties, and an extra slim D-shaped neck, the Fender American Vintage '59 Stratocaster electric guitar is one gorgeous tribute to Fender's roots -- from the fretboard to the finish.
See the '59 Strat in action with this video from Fender:
Check out this video for an overview of the American Vintage Series:
Period-Accurate '59 Fender Neck and Fretboard
Fender went to great lengths to ensure historical accuracy when recreating the American Vintage '59 Strats. And with the unique features the American Vintage '59 Strats have to offer -- some of which haven't been available on a Strat since the late fifties -- the American Vintage '59 Strat offers an experience unlike any other -- short of being lucky enough to own an original. Perhaps the starkest difference between the American Vintage '59 Strat and other modern Strats is it offers a slimmer, D-shaped maple neck with vintage-style frets, and a flatter, 7.25" fingerboard radius.
Period-Accurate '59 Fender Hardware and Pickups, Too
The hardware is also period-accurate, from the bridge to the tuning machines -- even the pickguard has been retro-fied with period-accurate screw holes. And what vintage Strat tribute wouldn't be complete without vintage-style single-coil Stratocaster pickups wound to period-correct specifications? The American Vintage '59 Strat offers three.
- Period-accurate tribute to the '59 Fender Stratocaster electric guitar
- Alder Stratocaster body with Fender Flash Coat Lacquer finish
- Slim-profile D-shaped Maple neck with Fender Flash Coat Lacquer finish
- 25.5" Rosewood slab fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets and 7.25" fingerboard radius
- Dot-style position inlays
- Chrome/Nickel-plated steel hardware and aged plastic control knobs
- Three American-Vintage '59 Single-Coil Strat pickups wound to period accurate specifications
- One master volume and two tone controls with 5-way pickup selector switch
- 6-saddle American vintage synchronized tremolo
- Single-line Fender Deluxe vintage-style tuning machines
- Vintage-style heel truss rod adjustment and vintage-style slotted truss rod nut
- 3-ply pickguard with vintage bevel and 10 screw holes
- Fender USA 250R .010-.046 gauge nickel-plated steel strings, Vintage '59 Strat strap, instrument cable, polishing cloth, vintage-style 3-way pickup selector switch, '50s Strat information kit, bridge cover, owner's manual, saddle height adjustment wrench, and Fender Deluxe Vintage Brown hard case included
Get your hands on an American Vintage '59 Stratocaster today, and see for yourself what an experience these tributes can be.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Fender products.
- Model Name: American Vintage '59 Stratocaster(R)
- Series: American VintageBody:
- Body: alder
- Body Shape: Stratocaster(R)
- Body Finish: (0111600800, 0111600806, 0111600872, 0111602800) Fender Flash Coat LacquerNeck:
- Neck Shape: "D" Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Style Frets
- Fretboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
- Fretboard: Slab Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel AdjustElectronics:
- Pickup Configuration: S/S/S
- Bridge Pickup: New American Vintage '59 Strat(R) Single-Coil Pickup (Bridge)
- Middle Pickup: New American Vintage '59 Strat(R) Single-Coil Pickup (Middle)
- Neck Pickup: New American Vintage '59 Strat(R) Single-Coil Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)Hardware:
- Hardware: chrome
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- String Nut: bone
- Tuning Machines: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage StyleMiscellaneous:
- Strings: Fender(R) USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Early-1959 model in faded Three-color Sunburst has slim-profile D-shaped maple neck and single-ply white pickguard with eight holes; Later 1959 model in faded Three-color Sunburst, Black and limited faded Sonic Blue has slim-profile D-shaped maple neck, dark rosewood slab fingerboard and three-ply mint green pickguard with 10 holes; pickups wound to period-correct specs and sound; Vintage-accurate bridge saddles and tuner spacingAccessories:
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Vintage Brown Case
- Pickguards: (800, 806, 872) 3-Ply Mint Green with Vintage Bevel
- (800) 1-Ply White
- Included Accessories: Vintage '59 Strat Strap, Cable, and Cloth; Vintage 3-Position Switch, '50s Strat Information Kit, Bridge Cover, Owner's Manual, Saddle Height Wrench
- Control Knobs: New Aged White Strat(R)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Sherwood Green
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- 3-Color Sunburst
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-488-1818
Fender American VINT '59 Stratocaster RWThe Fender American Vintage '59 Stratocaster electric guitar with rosewood fingerboard presents a pivotal transitional model from later 1959. This later version (in faded Three-color Sunburst, Black and limited faded Sonic Blue finishes) features a dark rosewood slab fingerboard and three-ply mint green pickguard with 10 holes and vintage-style edge bevels. It also features a lightweight alder body, aged plastic knobs and vintage-accurate pickups, bridge saddles, tuner spacing and more.
The American Vintage series introduces a lineup of original-era model year guitars that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender's roots--expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender's best selling guitars (their early-'80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with awesome features, specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, we've completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept--restoring original tooling dies, voicing pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more--based on actual vintage guitars we tracked down to make sure we had it right. We did the work, and it shows, because there's pure tonal magic in each American Vintage instrument.
1959 was an important and highly evolutionary year for the Stratocaster because that's when slimmer necks, rosewood fingerboards and multi-ply laminated pickguards first appeared.