Epiphone Tony Iommi SG Custom Electric
Epiphone proudly announces the Epiphone Ltd. Ed. Tony Iommi Signature SG Custom, designed by the "Godfather of Heavy Metal" himself and featuring Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbuckers, a 24-fret Ebony fingerboard, and a beautiful Ebony gloss color finish.
Tony Iommi is every guitar player's hero. He's not just the "lead guitarist" of Black Sabbath. He is Black Sabbath. Black Sabbath was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2006 but he's been every shredder's idol since Black Sabbath's debut in 1970. For 45 years as the band's heart and soul and the originator of dozens of all-time classic riffs, Tony Iommi has helped to make the "SG" the iconic guitar for Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. Now, Epiphone presents a one-of-a-kind SG designed exactly to Tony Iommi's specifications.
Legendary SG Power:
The original SG dates back to 1960 when it was first released as a replacement for the Les Paul Standard, which went out of production for most of the 1960s. The SG's smooth frets, lightweight body, distinctive "horns" and long scale made it a must-have for lead guitarists like Pete Townshend, Eric Clapton, and young Tony Iommi from Birmingham, England.
The Ltd. Ed. Tony Iommi Signature SG Custom:
The Ltd. Ed. Tony Iommi Signature SG Custom has a classic-styled SG body made from Mahogany with a gloss Ebony color finish and a 3-layer black/white/black pickguard. The 24.75" scale Mahogany neck has white binding and our popular 1960s SlimTaperTM D-profile that's glued into the body with a deep-set neck joint with a smooth transition heel.
Tony also introduced another first for his signature SG, an Ebony fingerboard with pearloid "Cross" inlays designed by Tony with 24 medium jumbo frets, an adjustable truss rod, and a black graphite nut. The headstock features the famous Epiphone script logo in pearloid along with a 60s era "pineapple" inlay. On the back of the headstock is Tony's signature reproduced in silver silkscreen as well as an Epiphone Limited Edition logo in gold. The truss rod cover is bell-shaped like all classic SGs and Les Pauls.
Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbuckers:
For his Ltd. Ed. signature Epiphone, the "Godfather of Heavy Metal" chose his own Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbuckers for both the lead and rhythm positions. The Tony Iommi Signature Humbucker was Gibson's first Signature Series pickup and features both Alnico II and Ceramic magnets with special windings for an incredible sustain and full-shred tone. Each pickup is fully wax-potted and epoxied for absolute protection against unwanted feedback. Both pickups are powered by SG-style controls with Black "Top Hat" knobs with metal inserts and an Epiphone all-metal 3-way pickup selector with a black toggle cap
Rock Solid Hardware:
As with all Epiphones, the Ltd. Ed. Tony Iommi Signature SG Custom comes with rock solid nickel hardware including a rim-mounted Epiphone Heavy-Duty chrome metal jack plate, premium die-cast machine heads with a 14:1 ratio and Metal Tulip Buttons, and a classic LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge Stopbar tailpiece for incredible sustain and reliability.
Tony Iommi shows off his signature model SG in this video from Epiphone:
- Mahogany Body
- 1960's SlimTaper; D profile Mahogany Neck
- Ebony Fingerboard with Pearloid "Cross" Inlays
- Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbuckers
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Epiphone products.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper; D profile
- Neck Joint: Glued In; Deep-Set Neck Joint with smooth transition heel
- Headstock: "Epiphone" logo in Pearloid, "Pineapple" inlay in Pearloid
- Back of Headstock: "Tony Iommi" signature in silver, "Epiphone Limited Edition" logo in silver
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Layer; Black/White; Bell-Shaped; Blank
- Nut: Black; Graphite
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony with Pearloid "Cross" Inlays
- Frets: 24; Medium/Jumbo
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbucker
- Controls: Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector with black toggle cap, Neck Pickup Volume, Bridge Pickup Volume, Neck Pickup Tone, Bridge Pickup Tone
- Binding: Fingerboard - 1 ply (Pure White)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Premium Die-cast; 14:1 ratio; Metal Tulip Buttons
- Pickguard: 3-Layer; Black/White/Black
- Knobs: Black "Top Hats" with metal inserts
- Output Jack: Rim-mounted; Epiphone Heavy-Duty with chrome, metal jack plate
- Strap Buttons: Yes
- Color: Ebony (gloss)
- Includes: Hand Signed Certificate of Authenticity, Binder with certificate and photograph, User's Manual, Truss Rod Wrench, Epiphone Poster, Epiphone Bumper Sticker
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):