Your '30s Throwback "Blues Box" -- Electrified
Your Epiphone EL-00 PRO acoustic-electric will take you back a hundred years to the golden age of acoustic guitars. This small-bodied beauty, often referred to as a "parlor guitar" or a "blues box," features a solid-spruce-topped body with select mahogany back and sides, a comfortable resounding mahogany neck, a pau ferro fingerboard with mother-of-pearl dot inlays and 19 medium frets, and a battery-powered Fishman Sonitone sound-hole preamp with master volume and master tone controls. You can take this golden oldie and plug it in for a show, a recording session, or just a solitary jam in your bedroom.
Learn more about the Epiphone EL-00 in this video:
A Remake from a Golden Era
The acoustic guitar went through a lot of changes in design throughout the early 20th century, and your EL-00 pays homage to this golden era of innovation in composition, sound, and look. Folk and blues musicians tended to stick to smaller-body guitars because of their mass production and affordability, and this is where the parlor guitar came into play with its shorter scale length, lighter weight, and smaller size. All of these attributes make this Epiphone a trusty travel companion.
Spruce-Topped Body with Mahogany Back and Sides
Your EL-00 PRO Parlor's big sound comes from the tonewoods that make up its body -- a spruce top with mahogany back and sides. Spruce offers a strong fundamental-to-overtone ratio for a forceful and direct tone, while mahogany really lifts your mids, low mids, and lower frequencies. The combination of these two woods makes for a solidly well-rounded tone that's full of body and resonance.
Glued-in Mahogany Neck
Spanning 19 medium frets with attractive mother-of-pearl dot inlays, a smooth pau ferro fretboard tops off your EL-00 PRO's warm-sounding glued-in mahogany neck. This appendage provides lasting sustain to your playing and adds a little push to your strings' mid and lower frequencies, delivering a warm and deep tone.
Fishman Sonitone Preamp
Housed inside your EL-00 PRO's resounding body is a Fishman Sonitone preamp to pump its well-rounded tone through to an amplifier or PA system. Fishman's electronics are very popular -- they're known for capturing and projecting a well-defined, full-bodied acoustic-electric guitar sound. Plug in your EL-00 PRO, and you'll get all the warm, deep lows and mids that this mahogany/spruce axe is capable of.
- Solid spruce top with select mahogany back and sides
- X body bracing
- Pau ferro fingerboard with mother-of-pearl dot inlays and 19 medium frets
- Glued-in dovetail mahogany neck in slim taper D profile
- Scale length of 24.75"
- Compensated imitation bone saddle
- Nickel hardware and strap buttons
- Tortoise shell style pickguard with vintage style metal "E"
- 9 volt battery-powered Fishman Sonitone sound-hole preamp with master volume and master tone controls
- Grover tuners with mini-buttons
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Epiphone products.
- Body: select mahogany
- Top: solid spruce
- Neck: mahogany
- Neck Shape: SlimTaper; D profile
- Neck joint: glued-in, dovetail
- Truss Rod: adjustable
- Inlays: pearloid dot
- Binding: -fingerboard, 1-ply black
- -top, 3-ply white/black
- -back, 1-ply white
- Fingerboard: pau ferro
- Nut: 1.68"
- Scale: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: pau ferro with mother-of-pearl dot inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12
- Frets: 19, medium
- Strap Buttons: nickel
- Hardware: nickel
- Saddle: compensated, imitation bone
- Pickguard: tortoise shell style with vintage style metal "E"
- Preamp: Fishman Sonitone sound-hole preamp with Master Volume and Master Tone
- Battery: 9 volt
- Pickup: Fishman Sonicore (under saddle)
- Machine Heads: Grover with mini-buttons; 14:1
- Strings: D'Addario Phospher (12-53)
- Length 40.5"
- Lower bout 15.5"
- Upper bout 10.75"
- Depth 3.75"
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):